Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High end non-camera phone

Default Re: High end non-camera phone

Quote Originally Posted by Deming86 View Post
    oooh E51.... is it sturdy enough to go 'chiong sua' (Charge Mountain) for army purposes? haha my last non camera phone went bonk out in the field... =D
    E61 can do it better than E51.

E61 has no camera, has WiFi + QWERTY+very sturdy aluminium casing, HUGE 2.95" (call it 3" lah) screen that's super bright and a relatively fast Symbian S60v3 implementation.

Plus got the biggest and most powerful battery of any S60 phone on the market. Will last LONG time - I rarely use the Wifi and BT and the battery last darn near 4-5 days with lots of calling and SMS and Golf Pro 2 playing.

Downside is music playing not so good... though it can be done. E-series Nokia not for multimedia (with the possible exception of the E90).

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Ooo...yes, this is

It depends on your unit. Some unit do not allow hp in camp totally, some allow, but strictly no cam. phone.
    From 1st oct 2007, no camera phone are allowed to be brought into SAF/protected area camp/unit unless with permission. Else anyone else caught, will be court martial.
    *info provided my my unit rsm*

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Ooo...yes, this is

It depends on your unit. Some unit do not allow hp in camp totally, some allow, but strictly no cam. phone.
    which camp allows cam phone?

Quote Originally Posted by Deming86 View Post
    oooh E51.... is it sturdy enough to go 'chiong sua' (Charge Mountain) for army purposes? haha my last non camera phone went bonk out in the field... =D
    Yeah, E51 feels solid.

alrite man guys, love u all, give u all kiss, MUACKS

I will find some ways to grab both the E51 and E61 and try them out and then decide
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

E60. (if you can still find it...)

E61 has a camera if I dun remember wrongly?

The cam version is the E61i; quite a number of folks in camp has the E61, but it is kind of bulky bro.

Quote Originally Posted by drakon09 View Post
    The cam version is the E61i; quite a number of folks in camp has the E61, but it is kind of bulky bro.
    actually ya...i had a chance to play with the E61 ydae, n it was really quite squarish to hold, though no doubt the built quality is quite ok..

So E51's form factor is more suitable for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    So E51's form factor is more suitable for you?
    yea, the e51 does holds in my small hands a better..
    in abt 2 weeks when my contract ends, i will go get the E51... unless something better pops up along the way..

before i open this thread, i dun even know E51 and E61 exist i m out of touch of the phone market for long long time..

i ve both e51 n e61...e51 process stuff and startup much much faster than the e61 as the newer processor used...
    e61 gt qwenty board much easier to msn n sms...however form size is big....but it is super rugged...i accidentally stepped on my e61 once...the back cover was scratched only...no damage to the fone...imagine a 90+kg guy stepping on a fone....lol...i noe im fat...tats y im in obese bmt now...lol...

e51 look quite rugged oso coz made of stainless steel, e61 made of magnesium alloy...my e51 nv gone thru any accident yet...so no comment on the ruggedness...lol...

i would say both is a gd fone for ns...coz im using it now...lol...can watch youtube or post in forum when in camp..lol

1 thing to note...e61 gt prob with web surfing...sometime the browser will auto close...i guess it is due to insufficient ram in the fone...all my fren when e61 has this prob...1 site to note with this prob is with clubsnap forum...
    Last edited by dreamerz; 29th June 2008 at 05:32 PM.
    Buying a DSLR/SLR doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner
    My Site

Hhahahaah. Glad that you have zeroed in on something now. The new E71 was just released on Friday (27 June), but its form factor/layout is similar to the E61.

Quote Originally Posted by Canew View Post
    Hhahahaah. Glad that you have zeroed in on something now. The new E71 was just released on Friday (27 June), but its form factor/layout is similar to the E61.
    the e71 looks gd...but damn it has camera....y cant it b like e61...come out with e71 n e71i....
    Buying a DSLR/SLR doesn't make you a photographer. It makes you a DSLR/SLR owner
    My Site

It has got to be the E51. This business phone has got 2 variations, one with camera and one without. So if you want to get it, just tell them you need the non-camera one.

It is very nice to the sight, touch and works well too. Run on a stable OS (Symbian). I've traded in my O2 Atom Life for this sleek phone. Just can't bear to leave it down ever since I got it.

Media player and radio works very well. If you can't live without music, get the stereo headset from Nokia (in-ear type).

The only down side is that I cannot sync my Outlook emails into this phone, although it can retrieve emails from a POP3 server. Browsing with it may be a problem, as the screen is too small. Other than that, everything's good about this phone!
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2 View Post
    Does anyone know of any good high end non-camera phones?

Basic functions that i would also need are:

1) of course must be able to listen to mp3,wma etc. at good quality.
    2) MUST have wireless lan b/g, so that can surf the net.
    3) If can, the screen must be large, about the size of W910i/W960i screen or larger.
    4) symbian or windows mobile or not, its both ok, but if its symbian / windows mobile its better.

Dun need worry abt the price. Do u guys know of any phones with such functions?
    Has to be Nokia E51. Wife just got one because her company doesn't allow camera phones. Sony Ericsson used to have one, I can't remember the model.

E61...using it and loving it. E51 feels a little crappy compared to the E61 IMO
    eat. drink. shoot

e51 to go!

faster hsdpa speed compared to e61, able to fully utilise my singtel 1mbps bbom. and much compact although screen is smaller.

Just for those guys who are thinking of getting hand-phones and removing the cameras...

"Please note of the latest MSD implementation regards to camera handphone. All personnel are to note that the prohibition will include those phone with the cameras fuction which has been removed. "

The old directive was that phones with cameras removed are ok...now even that is prohibited...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12