Thread: Trying out Urban Acid...

Default Trying out Urban Acid...

First time trying out urban acid actions... will need some advice to find tune the settings, hope to get some advice here

started off with this coloured picture...

tried out urban acide action with default settings...

thought the cyan seems to be too much... not sure whether this is the style of the action, tried tweaking abit...

pictures posted in flickr the colours became desaturated and less contrast, not sure why...

Default Re: Trying out Urban Acid...

I do like the colours on your tweaked version.. I also have played around with the urban acid action, but do have to be careful with losing too much detail in the highlights and shadows, which is quite tricky..

but overall nice work =)
    if my camera is there at the right moment, click, all I have to do is accept it.
    -edouard boubat

I really love the pictures after Urban Acid. I tried searching the net but found little information about it. I mainly got flickr groups and some downloads. Could you teach me this technic? =)

i like the last photo, very nice. flickr used to render my cmyk stuffs in weird colours and my large files also bewilders flickr

Hm I think you should convert it to RGB, sRGB profile before uploading to Flickr. Otherwise it will really appear odd on all the different screens and browsers out there.

For Urban Acid, check the Photoshop action at http://www.atncentral.com/download.htm
    Lots of examples at http://www.flickr.com/groups/urbanacid/

Quote Originally Posted by andrewtansj View Post
    First time trying out urban acid actions... will need some advice to find tune the settings, hope to get some advice here

started off with this coloured picture...

tried out urban acide action with default settings...

thought the cyan seems to be too much... not sure whether this is the style of the action, tried tweaking abit...

pictures posted in flickr the colours became desaturated and less contrast, not sure why...
    the cyan tint is the signature coloring/look for urban acid la. without it it doesn't look UA anymore.
    Opinions are like A-holes. Everyone's got one.

Quote Originally Posted by Patryk View Post
    I do like the colours on your tweaked version.. I also have played around with the urban acid action, but do have to be careful with losing too much detail in the highlights and shadows, which is quite tricky..

but overall nice work =)
    yah... still experimenting with the settings... but i love the intensity of the effect...

Quote Originally Posted by drOick View Post
    I really love the pictures after Urban Acid. I tried searching the net but found little information about it. I mainly got flickr groups and some downloads. Could you teach me this technic? =)
    I've searched online, I just followed instructions from this link hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by puraime View Post
    i like the last photo, very nice. flickr used to render my cmyk stuffs in weird colours and my large files also bewilders flickr
    just tried to search around cs threads, think needs to convert to sRGB before posting... somehow I think I might have solved the problem...hehe...

Quote Originally Posted by icebox View Post
    Hm I think you should convert it to RGB, sRGB profile before uploading to Flickr. Otherwise it will really appear odd on all the different screens and browsers out there.

For Urban Acid, check the Photoshop action at http://www.atncentral.com/download.htm
    Lots of examples at http://www.flickr.com/groups/urbanacid/
    yeh thanks... did a search and read some threads regarding it... managed to resolve the problem. thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by TheQuestion View Post
    the cyan tint is the signature coloring/look for urban acid la. without it it doesn't look UA anymore.
    yeh, I guess so, browsed thru some examples, maybe still not used to having my picture processed it this way...
    Last edited by andrewtansj; 26th June 2008 at 10:24 PM.

Thanks for the link! I downloaded and tried it, works great!

i usually like 70/70 on the action.. the layer opacity

sometimes 60/60 is good, sometimes 80/80 is good

but whatever it is, just make sure you get whatever you are envisioning, that is more important than being able to say "this is urban acid", if you get what i mean..

to be frank, i think the final version looks the best. and i think that's what you should go for if you wanted to get that sort of result.

Quote Originally Posted by drOick View Post
    Thanks for the link! I downloaded and tried it, works great!
    no prob... glad that the link helped...

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i usually like 70/70 on the action.. the layer opacity

sometimes 60/60 is good, sometimes 80/80 is good

but whatever it is, just make sure you get whatever you are envisioning, that is more important than being able to say "this is urban acid", if you get what i mean..

to be frank, i think the final version looks the best. and i think that's what you should go for if you wanted to get that sort of result.
    yeh got what you mean... thanks for the advise man...