Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 256789121732 ... LastLast

Thread: Tang Shooters XXXII: TCSS Thread...

Default Re: Tang Shooters XXXII: TCSS Thread...

Quote Originally Posted by Alfredchong View Post
    Hello.
    You going where? I am at T1.
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

Good morning, I'm leaving for Philippines. See you all when I'm back next month.

goot morelengs butties...

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by sprintist View Post
    i believe james dont mean that and neither do i, everyone got reservist too! but its really a pity how we got to miss those macro and landscape opportunities in the jungles..

where is ama keng forest. does singapore have a forest? haha
    I OT a little bit about this subject. I remember seeing the most beautiful sunset in Singapore while I was doing a live firing in SAFTI . We was charging a hill and manged to reach the hill top at about 6:30pm . I saw the most breadth taking scenary you can ever imagine seeing in Singapore, until now, I still cannot forget.

The location is somewhere in Lim Chu Kang ( near sungei Bulok ). However, the bad thing about this spot is that after you see the sunset and capture it, you will not be able to make your way back home, because it will be pitch dark and without a map, you will be lost inside the hills

Quote Originally Posted by lkkang View Post
    sure bro,
    will try and try...
    i tot abt your shooting situation abit more last nite. perhaps u should do pre-focus at the approx distance to your moller. set small aperture, hi shutter speed and full flash power. then just need to do fine focusing adjustment when the moller is in frame to capture the precious moment!

friday mood -> not working mood
    good morning bro & sis

morning....
    tonight to report to KL liao...weekend burnt...

OHAYO !!!

wah so many buddies traveling !
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

Quote Originally Posted by StrifeYun View Post
    OHAYO !!!

wah so many buddies traveling !
    Good morning striKeyun! and fellow TS buddies...

Member/Tangshooter

Cow Touch Milk!
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    Cow Touch Milk!
    Gu Mo Ni...

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by coolsigg View Post
    i tot abt your shooting situation abit more last nite. perhaps u should do pre-focus at the approx distance to your moller. set small aperture, hi shutter speed and full flash power. then just need to do fine focusing adjustment when the moller is in frame to capture the precious moment!
    by doing so, you are able to get sharp sharp image, no doubt about it. However, it will make the viewer loose focus in the picture, the viewer's eye ball will move about in the picture looking at other things ( that are sharp ) rather then the subject's eye ( lack of eye contact liao ).

for head and shoulder shot, normally eye contact is very important. Unlike full length body shot where the viewers are encouraged to see the body language of the subject rather than the eye ball itself.

just for discussion sake

what do you think

Member/Tangshooter

Cow Touch Milk!
    thats "cheam"

by doing so, you are able to get sharp sharp image, no doubt about it. However, it will make the viewer loose focus in the picture, the viewer's eye ball will move about in the picture looking at other things ( that are sharp ) rather then the subject's eye ( lack of eye contact liao ).

for head and shoulder shot, normally eye contact is very important. Unlike full length body shot where the viewers are encouraged to see the body language of the subject rather than the eye ball itself.

just for discussion sake

what do you think
    i tink the 2 are not mutually exclusive lei...when u pre-focus at the distance...u can still look/focus at the moller's eys, make fine focusing adjustments and then snap...

wad I suggested will help u focus faster becos previously u mentioned that u had difficulty focusing the subject due to his fast movements...

hmmm...any MF sexperts can help? Kuantoh? Foxcorn?

Quote Originally Posted by kuantoh View Post
    Good morning striKeyun! and fellow TS buddies...
    strike .....
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

any buddies on leave ?

today i free from 4-7pm hee

maybe go peninsular c c retro lenses haha
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

Cow Touch Milk!
    kekekekek... me ish the rikes dishz...

Cow Touch Milk = C T M = Camee Touch Moi......
    651D90 Mk II cameller™ ...... "Ai Camel Mai ?"

i tink the 2 are not mutually exclusive lei...when u pre-focus at the distance...u can still look/focus at the moller's eys, make fine focusing adjustments and then snap...

wad I suggested will help u focus faster becos previously u mentioned that u had difficulty focusing the subject due to his fast movements...

i think ... what you describe should work in studio, but difficult in average home environment... first off, not many parents want to use flash on their babies, most prefer natural lighting, which may not good at the time. And kids move quickly, hardly concentrate on one thing. Most likely you need a photo assistant use toy attract baby maybe?
    let's flickr | TangShooters

just for discussion sake

what do you think

I no MF expert lar... but based on what i see from the discussion here, the objective is to capture the moment, the eye contact and at the same time get a reasonable pic.

U can try hyperfocus, which i learnt from foxcorn and pierce last time. Set a small aperture of F8 or smaller and prefocus. If subject moves, the allowable amount of error such that the subject is still sharp is bigger. Therefore ur subject will still be sharp if he moves. This error varies with the focal length of the lens. The wider the lens, the larger the amount of error can be accomodated. i.e. a 28mm lens at f8 can have a larger allowable range of error of focus as compared to a 50mm at f8.

Once u prefocus, like DK mention, u can wait for subject to gain eye contact. I understand that the subject in this case is the baby. toddlers have short span of concentration and u wan to capture the moment fast. This technique would be feasible.

Juz sharing my tots.

just want to add, when my son started crawling at 7 to 8 months, I took picture since it's very cute. At the time I still use a DC, you know shutter lag, and he crawl very fast end up all picture blurry
    let's flickr | TangShooters

Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 256789121732 ... LastLast