Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Mother Love

  1. #1

    Default Mother Love

    Hi all,

    Just taken up photography due to my baby girl. Manage to capture this warm moment ( at least what i feel). Please comment on what can be improve. Thank you so much.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/27938312@N07/2609598233/

  2. #2

    Default Re: Mother Love

    I'm not good with human photography, but I notice some good elements in the shot. Use of thirds for the focus point, the baby's hand. Leading lines from the mom's hands. Relatively clean background. Perhaps good use of the b/w + sepia toning to keep away distracting colours from the backgroudn or clothes.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Mother Love

    Nice. Somehow, I cannot connect with the title. The title in flickr is better.

    If I have to nitpick, it is the clothing on the child. Kinda distracting.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Mother Love

    Thank for the comment.

  5. #5
    Member tainted's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    in Critterdom
    Posts
    461

    Default Re: Mother Love

    the picture is nice... i like the dof... my only grouse is that the picture does not give off the warmth expected when some loving is lavished.... adjust the colors a lil bit more to something warmer?

  6. #6

    Default Re: Mother Love

    Quote Originally Posted by tainted View Post
    the picture is nice... i like the dof... my only grouse is that the picture does not give off the warmth expected when some loving is lavished.... adjust the colors a lil bit more to something warmer?
    Thanks, actually this is the picture straight from camera except for some raw adjustment.

    Comment please.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/27938312@N07/2610697430/

  7. #7

    Default Re: Mother Love

    Like it a lot. If only mum's finger was more relaxed and thumb was caressing baby too.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Mother Love

    I like both the pics. It reminds me of a advert by IBM where a baby elephant held the tail of an adult elephant moving...

    It is natural. Mun's finger created a tension for the baby's finger to cling to.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Mother Love

    Cute photo with a story behind...Though I'd prefer a warmer colour, and see more of e adorable baby's hand , which is covered slightly by the sleeve.
    Photography takes an instant out of time, altering life by holding it still

  10. #10

    Default Re: Mother Love

    Quote Originally Posted by Derrick Lee View Post
    Hi all,

    Just taken up photography due to my baby girl. Manage to capture this warm moment ( at least what i feel). Please comment on what can be improve. Thank you so much.

    http://www.flickr.com/photos/27938312@N07/2609598233/
    You have captured a gres moment there.

    Some may be distracted by the BG, and some may not even notice.

    Nice toning - the cooler one looks more natural.

    The only two comments that might help you improve, depending on how you look at things, are improve the focus or sharpness quality. Right now it's either too soft, or OOF.

    The second, and to me, more important point is that the mother's hand, clenched like that, does not convey love, care or tenderness. It's, to be truthful, very tense and angry hand, and that is projected in the picture. It could have been a beautiful picture, if not for mummy's clenched fist.

    Since babies have a natural grasping instinct, try re-shooting, and explore all sorts of mummy's hand positioning and while you're re-shooting, might as well expliore different angles and lighting conditions (in case DOF, focusing accurately or motion blur was the cause of all the softness in the pix).

  11. #11

    Default Re: Mother Love

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    You have captured a gres moment there.

    Some may be distracted by the BG, and some may not even notice.

    Nice toning - the cooler one looks more natural.

    The only two comments that might help you improve, depending on how you look at things, are improve the focus or sharpness quality. Right now it's either too soft, or OOF.

    The second, and to me, more important point is that the mother's hand, clenched like that, does not convey love, care or tenderness. It's, to be truthful, very tense and angry hand, and that is projected in the picture. It could have been a beautiful picture, if not for mummy's clenched fist.

    Since babies have a natural grasping instinct, try re-shooting, and explore all sorts of mummy's hand positioning and while you're re-shooting, might as well expliore different angles and lighting conditions (in case DOF, focusing accurately or motion blur was the cause of all the softness in the pix).
    Point noted. Will try to take more from different angle. Thanks alot

  12. #12

    Default Re: Mother Love

    Quote Originally Posted by nyclub View Post
    Like it a lot. If only mum's finger was more relaxed and thumb was caressing baby too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    I like both the pics. It reminds me of a advert by IBM where a baby elephant held the tail of an adult elephant moving...

    It is natural. Mun's finger created a tension for the baby's finger to cling to.
    I too agree that the Mother's finger can be more relaxed. There is no need to have a tension within the finger in order for the baby to hold on to it. And many ads around have been successfully replicating it.
    My Humble Flickr --> The pavement of my thoughts

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •