Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dilemma in choosing a dslr camera

Default Re: Dilemma in choosing a dslr camera

Quote Originally Posted by gymak90 View Post
    Sensors with stabiliser in built is good if want to save money on lenses (since lenses with stabilisers are much more expensive). But when see through the viewfinder, your image will be shaky, you must pray that the picture shot will be free from blur.
    Shaky image thru the viewfinder??? Where did you get that info from? Which cam did you try?
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    Shaky image thru the viewfinder??? Where did you get that info from? Which cam did you try?
    Nah, he's right... You can't see the SSS kick in in the viewfinder, so whatever camera shake is introduced by your coffee-fueled hands will be visible in the VF.
    Alpha

Thank god that my hand shakiness is not that bad that I see 'shaky' images thru my viewfinder and 'hoping' to get a good shot. The image stabliser in my cam body has served me well enough and so far I managed to get shots of sunset without a tripod.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Quote Originally Posted by animeonegai View Post
    Hi,

I'm a new user in clubsnap and a newbie wanting to jump ship from consumer digital camera to DSLR camera.

I'm looking for a camera that is mainly easy to use (point and shoot kind), landscape and the occasionally events namely PC shows where I can take beautiful pictures.

Erm... in the first place, you want a "easy to use (point and shoot kind)" for "occassional events". Thus is it wise to jump onto the (D)SLR wagon? Especially considering that you're jumping direct from a P&S. Do note that mastering the use of SLR to produce "beautiful pictures" will take time and effort, something which I don't feel coming from your post (or maybe I'm just too dense to feel it. ).

So my little advice is to think it through, whether it's worthwhile to be spending the money on a SLR (since you mentioned you're on a tight budget), or get a new P&S/Prosumer instead.

If you're still convinced on getting a SLR, there's plenty of advice to go around here on CS.

Quote Originally Posted by animeonegai View Post
    Hi,

I'm a new user in clubsnap and a newbie wanting to jump ship from consumer digital camera to DSLR camera.

Need some suggestion from you guys over which camera I should go for...

Have a few cameras that I've zoom down to:

Canon 400D
    Nikon D80
    Olympus E510 (4/3 system)
    All these have about the same IQ. Just a different aspect ratio used (3:2 and 4:3)

I'm looking for a camera that is mainly easy to use (point and shoot kind), landscape and the occasionally events namely PC shows where I can take beautiful pictures. Budget is a major factor for me, so I can only get second hands .

I've read the reviews from dpreview for these cameras but I'm still not sure which is better. Therefore need you guys to help me identify which camera I should get. Thanks!
    u from edmw.sg. LOLx.
    ok i answer u here lor.

U want a easy to use cam...... n u dun want Pns. N ur main reason for getting a DSLR is 2 take showgirls photos @ PC show ETC ETC.........

lol.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12