Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: National Dog Walk 2008 Photo competition

Default Re: National Dog Walk 2008 Photo competition

Once again thanks to all who helped out. You guys managed to raise $1060 for Noah's Ark! Just for the email from them.
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Quote Originally Posted by raptor84 View Post
    Once again thanks to all who helped out. You guys managed to raise $1060 for Noah's Ark! Just for the email from them.

Awsome..... this called for a celebration guys..... well done............. nice effort have been put in for this charity.......

Quote Originally Posted by dingzyangz View Post
    was contemplating whether should bring my dog there too... looks like i missed a lot of fun.
    We got "caught" in the event as we just wanted to bring our dog to the dog run, without being aware of the hoopla beforehand. Unfortunately, the PA system in the middle of the dog run was blasting out music at sound levels that were close to unbearable. People evacuated tables to retreat to more remote corners - what effect would this noise have on more sensitive dog ears?

Maybe fun for human party animals and event photographers, and for the marketing departments of the pet industry present (plus one car dealer (!), I think). Makes me really wonder about the mindset at Noah's Ark. At least our dog was visibly relieved when we eventually left the place.

On the plus side, I was positively surprised that most photographers we encountered would ask before snapping away.

totally understand how you feel, sometimes we would just prefer things to be simple so that we can truly enjoy the moments of tranquility and we can really find quality time to mix ard with fellow dog lovers and shutterbugs.

thanks for updating me on what happened in the event.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleWolf View Post
    We got "caught" in the event as we just wanted to bring our dog to the dog run, without being aware of the hoopla beforehand. Unfortunately, the PA system in the middle of the dog run was blasting out music at sound levels that were close to unbearable. People evacuated tables to retreat to more remote corners - what effect would this noise have on more sensitive dog ears?

Maybe fun for human party animals and event photographers, and for the marketing departments of the pet industry present (plus one car dealer (!), I think). Makes me really wonder about the mindset at Noah's Ark. At least our dog was visibly relieved when we eventually left the place.

On the plus side, I was positively surprised that most photographers we encountered would ask before snapping away.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12