Default Re: Sembawang Rulezzz: Discussion/Gatherings

Quote Originally Posted by azman View Post
    Coffee Session
    25 October 2008, 10.00pm
    Blk 406

1. Nicholas Wee
    2. ahtiow
    3. Override2Zion
    4. Azman (hopefully I can be there on time. Attending a different kind of meet-up at Kallang Mac Carpark at 7pm )
    My contact number 96705712

Coffee Session
    25 October 2008, 10.00pm
    Blk 406

1. Nicholas Wee
    2. ahtiow
    3. Override2Zion
    4. Azman (hopefully I can be there on time. Attending a different kind of meet-up at Kallang Mac Carpark at 7pm )
    5. Derek (Will try to turn up lah for about an hour, I got the night curfew thing)

Next agenda, anybody want to walk around Sembawang shooting? Need somebody to lead the way though.
    Last edited by PyeeL; 22nd October 2008 at 05:13 PM.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by PyeeL View Post
    Coffee Session
    25 October 2008, 10.00pm
    Blk 406

1. Nicholas Wee
    2. ahtiow
    3. Override2Zion
    5. Derek (Will try to turn up lah for about an hour, I got the night curfew thing)

Next agenda, anybody want to walk around Sembawang shooting? Need somebody to lead the way though.
    When and time..

Hm, got to think about it, but won't be able to make it this Friday & Saturday since I'm going out to walk walk shoot shoot.
    Oh yah another thing I'm doing this project for school, theme is architecture. Any ideas as to interesting yet not-that-common buildings in Singapore?

heya =D ima seeing if anyone want to come with me to the istana woodnek... its pretty run down and i think better go before singapore govt tears down the place...=D ima planning to go this sat or something... ^^

Hm, got to think about it, but won't be able to make it this Friday & Saturday since I'm going out to walk walk shoot shoot.
    Oh yah another thing I'm doing this project for school, theme is architecture. Any ideas as to interesting yet not-that-common buildings in Singapore?
    Have you taken any photos of the mosque at Admiralty Lane ?

Although mosques are common in Singapore, the designs for the mosques in Sembawang and Bishan (near the stadium) are unconventional ie. no domes.

Although mosques are common in Singapore, the designs for the mosques in Sembawang and Bishan (near the stadium) are unconventional ie. no domes.
    Dunno if it is deemed as disrespectful to do so, perhaps it might be a good idea to seek permission before shooting. The building is really nice though
    Nikon D200/D700/D800 User :)
    [www.PositiveStudioProductions.com]

Quote Originally Posted by enchantedream View Post
    heya =D ima seeing if anyone want to come with me to the istana woodnek... its pretty run down and i think better go before singapore govt tears down the place...=D ima planning to go this sat or something... ^^
    Enchanted can you please don't go on Saturday!
    I want to go to that Woodnek place too but can't make it on Saturday...

Sidetrack a little, good that this thread is up again.

Actually, I haven't even ventured Sembawang. Stay here for some time but I only travel out of Semb, and then home. So, it's a No.I know where the mosques are though, wanted to go walk around this evening but it looked like it was going to rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Override2Zion View Post
    Dunno if it is deemed as disrespectful to do so, perhaps it might be a good idea to seek permission before shooting. The building is really nice though

I don't think it's disrespectful to take pictures of the mosques. I think the only issue that we may face is security. People may think we are up to no good. You know lah...people may think we are doing surveilance This applies to almost all places.

Anyway...

If we were to take photos from outside the mosques' compound, I think it should be ok. But if we want to take pictures of the prayer hall, decorations etc. It's best to get the permission from the mosque authorities

Quote Originally Posted by enchantedream View Post
    Istana Woodneuk not a good idea, ever since the MS escape artist incident a lot of the abandoned structures have already been fitted with security cameras. Unless you just wanna view it from a distance away. When the cops see people loitering in the compound via their CCTV they'll come patrol the area.

I don't think it's disrespectful to take pictures of the mosques. I think the only issue that we may face is security. People may think we are up to no good. You know lah...people may think we are doing surveilance This applies to almost all places.

Anyway...

If we were to take photos from outside the mosques' compound, I think it should be ok. But if we want to take pictures of the prayer hall, decorations etc. It's best to get the permission from the mosque authorities
    Well looks like you're all ready to go for a shoot then . Looking forward to seeing your pics. Very modern structure, unlike the traditional mosque that we usually see.

Wow I can't imagine them fitting security cameras at those run down places.
    What about Old Marina Bay the steamboat/Superbowl there, still accessible right?

Wow I can't imagine them fitting security cameras at those run down places.
    What about Old Marina Bay the steamboat/Superbowl there, still accessible right?
    Still accessible, but the cubicles where the stalls were are blocked up by plyboards, CCTV installed beyond the boards so do not try to break in . Hanging around outside is ok.

Ok, still got things there to shoot right!

Ok, still got things there to shoot right!
    YESH! lol

!
    Anybody free this Saturday morning! Or anybody going anywhere shoot this Saturday morning too. Eager to try new cam!
    If not walk around interesting areas in Semb for shots like mentioned earlier?

haha new cam eh..=D lucky...anyway i just went to the marina south area last sat during the canon photomarathon =D nothing much there now...and when i went there it was too bright so mood not there...oh and it smells like PEE!! but its a good experience la...=p

Ok lah not new camera okay. It's an old model and 2nd hand lah. Now so paiseh.
    So how so how Saturday morning?

Ok lah not new camera okay. It's an old model and 2nd hand lah. Now so paiseh.
    So how so how Saturday morning?
    Old camera/new camera no difference. No need to be paiseh, its the trigger finger and the eye behind the viewfinder that makes the difference.

Inspiring! And the thumb to delete lousy shots too.
    Catch you all tonight.