Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I get my decayed wisdom tooth out?

Default Re: Should I get my decayed wisdom tooth out?

Why are you still asking for opinions here? Just take it out!

In my case, I took out the two upper wisdom teeth when I could actually feel the cavity with my tongue! I immediately had them taken out and luckily, they did not decay to the extent of collapsing under the plier's pressure. The cost for upper wisdom tooth extraction was cheaper as I did mine for about 90~100 each. Lower ones are more expensive at 300~400 each. Now trying to save up the money to have them extracted but a little difficult with the temptation to buy lenses

This is like asking the following question: I fell head-first into a puddle of mud today, and am entirely covered in it. Should I take a shower when I get home?
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by pisduck View Post
    how about mine?

mine is not decayed, totally no pain whatsoever, or only very slightly according to the dentist. It is a bit wrong angle, making it easy to trap food. My dentist ask me to take it out every visit but I am terrified.

I mean it totally does not give me any pain whatsoever, and I nowadays make it a point to floss that region very thoroughly.

Is it ok to wait until it give me a little pain first? Now it is like totally no pain and I feel like the dentist is "conning" me or something.
    No dentist wants to con you for such ops. Don't underestimate wisdom teeth... they are like a 9.0 richter scale earthquake.... if they don't hit.... all seems calm.... when they hit you.... the pain can be so bad, it goes into the side of your skull, your neck muscles tense up and basically you will be in agony and hell. Cannot work, cannot sleep, cannot eat.....

And yes the younger you take it out the better as it will be easier to remove. As you get older, the roots embed themselves deeper into your jaw making it harder to remove and incurring the risk of complications.

All operations will have blood..... I mean its cutting open your jaw and taking out embedded teeth. But you really would rather do it now then to wait till it is in terrible shape then you have a even more major operation with more blood.

Even if you floss and do your utmost to clean it, there are some areas you just cannot reach. Best to just take it out rather than risk having stuff trapped there.

Go to Alexandra hospital, make an appt to xray your jaw and let the dentist assess the situation and make an appointment for the extraction. Depending on your luck, you might get an appt to extract as early as next week or next month. The surgeon doing it should be Dr Sylvia, she is very skillful... I was eating the moment I got home after the operation and not much pain.

Funny thing is, we spend a lot of time, effort, money and a lot of pain involved just to keep our teeth from rotting.

But when we die they don't rot.

his tooth is far away for taking out liao.... too jialat!!!!! Decay till in horrible shape :S
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

sianzzzzzzzz must take out.... sigh. i wonder can ask doctor dun stitch.... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bobdoom View Post
    More likely will lor
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

Quote Originally Posted by Randius View Post
    Why are you still asking for opinions here? Just take it out!

In my case, I took out the two upper wisdom teeth when I could actually feel the cavity with my tongue! I immediately had them taken out and luckily, they did not decay to the extent of collapsing under the plier's pressure. The cost for upper wisdom tooth extraction was cheaper as I did mine for about 90~100 each. Lower ones are more expensive at 300~400 each. Now trying to save up the money to have them extracted but a little difficult with the temptation to buy lenses
    ? my dentist say if you take out lower one must take out upper one too, vice versa. you can just take out upper one and leave lower one meh?

I only have only one impacted lower wisdom tooth. The other three is fine. but doctor say if I remove lower one must also remove upper one, ie 2 teeth together

That is why I am thinking. no pain no nothing, go and remove two wisdom teeth.....

got stitch meh?

mine din... lol... think i mutant, super fast healing...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

? my dentist say if you take out lower one must take out upper one too, vice versa. you can just take out upper one and leave lower one meh?

I only have only one impacted lower wisdom tooth. The other three is fine. but doctor say if I remove lower one must also remove upper one, ie 2 teeth together

That is why I am thinking. no pain no nothing, go and remove two wisdom teeth.....
    ??

until now i only remove the lower left 1... jialat i kena conned...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Usually a pair is removed because you need them to keep each other in place. My wisdom teeth are grown in awkward positions that do not have such needs YMMV

if you frightened of the pain, i strongly suggest you choose the sleep method and remove all 4 at 1 go.
    kinda dreadful whenever you hear the mini-drilling sound sometimes.
    just dont let the atmosphere at AH affect you especially those ppl waiting to pull their teeth out with the non-sleep method.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 25th June 2008 at 09:46 AM.

Would depend on what direction the root and tooth is growing. If its a straight out job then should not be an issue. If not hard to avoid lah.. My wisdom tooth growing perpendicular to the rest of my teeth so removing is gonnna be a hassle..
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

actually how to know if the tooth is decaying? does the dentist told us or we just assuming, based on the pain?

Quote Originally Posted by popeye View Post
    actually how to know if the tooth is decaying? does the dentist told us or we just assuming, based on the pain?
    start to pain already hit the root... if surface decay, normally docs tell u... unless u have those mirror thing and u see yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by popeye View Post
    when you place the tip of your tongue in the gap between your wisdom tooth and the last adult teeth (normally the bottom last 2 pair of teeth, most likely the pair that has a gap which food particles are stuck at), you feel a sense of weird taste in your mouth, thats one tell tale sign that one of the wisdom tooth is decaying.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 3rd July 2008 at 11:22 AM.

usually let known by the dentist.

all my 4 wisdom teeth weren't grown in the right angle, so all four are extracted though 2 different occasion, 2 need stitching, it's painful, bloody etc, but no regret in remove them. On the plus side you get MC for 2 weeks also.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

Yes. I have removed all 4 cos my 2 lower ones were decaying (read: very hard to brush at the back of my mouth) and my 2 upper ones weren't growing straight. No regrets.... BTW Upper one extraction is just inject and pull. The bottom ones, I opted for a knock-out and wake up with them gone...

Forget the rest .....

I will yank it out for 1 carton of Clarlsberg only

There will be no problem regarding pain as I won't feel any.

Just PM me with a time and place and if you wan't a photographer (extra carge).

Or

Simply come to my address in Australia where you will recieve a complimentary shrimp on the BarBee

Cheers
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12