Thread: Lost password

Default Lost password

Can any bros help? My friend forgot her user's password on her notebook Window XP,therefore cannot log in. How to go about "unlocking" or retrieving the password? Help most appreciated !

Default Re: Lost password

Quote Originally Posted by phototalk View Post
    Can any bros help? My friend forgot her user's password on her notebook Window XP,therefore cannot log in. How to go about "unlocking" or retrieving the password? Help most appreciated !
    Call Microsoft hotlines or search google ..

http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_admini...r_password.htm

good luck !
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

I just found this program which could help your friend find out the password. Just go to http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net to download the Ophcrack XP LiveCD under the download tab. On how to use the program, follow this guide http://lifehacker.com/software/passw...-cd-232963.php. Good Luck!!!

Thank you,brothers Megaweb and Deancool335. God bless!

Actually you can take out the notebook harddisk & set it up as secondary disk for another PC.
    Can also use an external casing to plug into the other PC/laptop.
    Log in as administrator from the other PC/Laptop & you will be able to access your old harddisk documents(unless you set tight security for the user's documents where even administrator also cannot access the files)

Hope this sugguestion help as I had been doing it this way for my company PC
    Last edited by SoulXion; 24th June 2008 at 05:50 PM.

There is an even easier way for XP

Turn the computer on and then turn it off as windows is loading, turn it back on again and open it in safe mode, log in as the admin (which has no password usually, seems to be a ghost account) and then go to control panel and select the username you forgot your password too and then just type in a new password. Shut down and reboot normally and then log in with the new password. Worked every time for me!

Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion View Post
    There is an even easier way for XP

Turn the computer on and then turn it off as windows is loading, turn it back on again and open it in safe mode, log in as the admin (which has no password usually, seems to be a ghost account) and then go to control panel and select the username you forgot your password too and then just type in a new password. Shut down and reboot normally and then log in with the new password. Worked every time for me!
    if he is running professional version, this method wont work. it works for home edition.
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    if he is running professional version, this method wont work. it works for home edition.
    It will work as long as administrator password was not set during the initial setup and the system is not part of a domain.
    除了爱, 我一无所有

Thanks to all the kind brothers here. The problem has been solved and the laptop is now up and running again. All the suggestions are useful and I will keep a note on that,just in case they're needed in future. Have a nice day to all.