Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: will u eat maggie mee for one month to buy your dream lens ?

Default Re: will u eat maggie mee for one month to buy your dream lens ?

Quote Originally Posted by mystudio View Post
    I think you need to eat at least 3 years of Maggie Mee before you can think of buying 600mm.. By then, i doubt you still have the strength to carry the lens anymore
    In that case wouldn't the girlfriend long leave him for his lack of strength?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    I normally collect woods from the forest, water from the river to cook maggie noodle and a coconut half-shell for the bowl and two branches for chopsticks.

Everything you need is free and around you.
    Dun need so 'Survivor' mode lah ...

Just go back to parents or in-laws' house and kope can!

Quote Originally Posted by mystudio View Post
    I think you need to eat at least 3 years of Maggie Mee before you can think of buying 600mm.. By then, i doubt you still have the strength to carry the lens anymore
    If eat for 3 years, the 600mm can be my Tomb's stone liao.

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    WAAAH! That's a HUGE mounting plate for your to-be-gotten dream lens! Your gimbal head can tahan or not?

You guys never die before har...eat maggi mee or any of those similar stuff. Just a less then a week of that and you will be seeing a doctor and painting brown squirts in your toilet bowl. Don't even consider that an option just to get a new camera part. Believe you me, I done that before during NS days just becos of trying to buy g/f a silly gift. Just 3 days of that and I was melting away at my rear end and ran a fever after that. heh.. Buying a new lens is not as silly as buying for a girl a gift but...result the same. You suffer chialat seh! heheheh

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    You guys never die before har...eat maggi mee or any of those similar stuff. Just a less then a week of that and you will be seeing a doctor and painting brown squirts in your toilet bowl. Don't even consider that an option just to get a new camera part. Believe you me, I done that before during NS days just becos of trying to buy g/f a silly gift. Just 3 days of that and I was melting away at my rear end and ran a fever after that. heh.. Buying a new lens is not as silly as buying for a girl a gift but...result the same. You suffer chialat seh! heheheh
    Echoes of Mattlock's mega Maggie Mee seasoning video floats around in my mind ...

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    haha, you will be using the money to see a doctor and pay hospital bills.

your time maggie mee not as high tech as now lah...

besides, we take nissin now... japanese technology...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

maggie mee quite good actually..
    i usually have my maggie mee with prawns, fish tofu, vege... sometimes swop prawns for pork ribs... not bad!

Quote Originally Posted by mrchua View Post
    maggie mee quite good actually..
    i usually have my maggie mee with prawns, fish tofu, vege... sometimes swop prawns for pork ribs... not bad!
    ahem.. your maggie mee meal is an expensive one

I eat well, drink well, go shopping, go holiday and dream of babes.
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Echoes of Mattlock's mega Maggie Mee seasoning video floats around in my mind ...
    Matlock tv show got Maggi Mee ad meh? heheheh

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    your time maggie mee not as high tech as now lah...

besides, we take nissin now... japanese technology...
    Sama sama leh heheh....the culprit is not the mee. It is all those seasoning, the flavoring stuff that is not good. If you only use the mee and you preapre meat and other freh veggie and make your own seasoning...then nothing will happen but then...you mix all that up...then how to save money? heheh Your ingredients added to the maggi mee will come to nought heheh.

I say...get a part time job after hours....earn the extra cash to buy your lens and stuff. What happen to that notion har? YEars ago that is what alot would do to earn some cash. I use to work part time at a store and did some waiting and stuff to earn some cash to buy not just my camera stuff but also parts for my bike.

Sama sama leh heheh....the culprit is not the mee. It is all those seasoning, the flavoring stuff that is not good. If you only use the mee and you preapre meat and other freh veggie and make your own seasoning...then nothing will happen but then...you mix all that up...then how to save money? heheh Your ingredients added to the maggi mee will come to nought heheh.

I say...get a part time job after hours....earn the extra cash to buy your lens and stuff. What happen to that notion har? YEars ago that is what alot would do to earn some cash. I use to work part time at a store and did some waiting and stuff to earn some cash to buy not just my camera stuff but also parts for my bike.
    ... heard people said the flavouring soup powder is very damaging to health, it has extreme high content of salt and msg.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    maggie mee for 1 month!!

100 bottles of BA WANG Anti Hair Fall Shampoo can't even save ur pretty hair from dropping freely!!

shud try drinking sky juice with loti. sounds like a healthier choice.
    This is a myth. MSG doesn't make your hair fall out.

My hair grows back quickly. It's in my genes.
    Available as a model, photographer, and art director/stylist.

Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    ... heard people said the flavouring soup powder is very damaging to health, it has extreme high content of salt and msg.
    I think that's what women are attracted to: Salt and MSG.

I have more girlfriends after a constant regular diet of Maggie Mee than before.

The only problem is lack of strength.

I think Maggie Mee and power energy drinks may be what we need.

No need maggi mee lar...not healthy also... eat those tau sa bread bun they sell in plastic packets in kopitiam or ur staff canteen...cheep cheep only about 50 cts one and quite filling also. Dun buy canned drinks, drink plain water can liao. Every day like that theoretically save about $2.50-$3.50 per meal...every day save about $5.00 (assuming lunch and dinner), one month can save ~$100.00, 1 yr plus to 2 yr can save up enuff to buy ur dream lens liao...of coz dream lens could mean anything ranging from different ends of the price spectrum, can be a 70-200mm f4L IS (~$1,600) or can be a 600mm f4 L IS (~$12k). For the latter, you will need many years of eating tau sar buns and drinking water.

Anyway, for me, I wouldn't go to such extremes lar...I think most important is to budget wisely and try not to spend money uneccessarily on other things...slowly save up...patience and discipline is the key too. The trick is to buy expensive items one at a time, each time after a long stretch of slowly saving up and not whack all your money one shot on everything...I think that is the biggest mistakes made by most newbies to photography, especially when it comes to dslr equipment.

Bottomline: IMHO, its probably not worth it sacrificing your health and well being just for the sake of obtaining material goods. And that includes roti diet, maggi mee diet, starvation tactics and what have you. Else when you finally get your dream gear, but your health suffers, whats the point? You can't enjoy using it. Like what dominator said, eat, drink and enjoy life to the fullest if you can.

there is another way: auctioning off your life on ebay....
    aome aussie (or ang mo, cant remem) guy fetched 400k or so...
    too many shots...

methods i've tried:
    eating instant noodles, have heavy lunch then skip dinner, have 1 meal a day, spend within $2.50 on a meal, don't buy drinks outside-drink sky juice, walk to work, walk to anywhere within 3km.

Help to accelerate the lens i wanna buy by 40%. But do at ur own risk.
    Don't cry because its over,:)Smile because it happened.
    items for sale

it quite hard to save to buy your dream lens by eat maggie mee... might as well every week buy 4D or ToTo... that me la... haha...

btw go to some wholesales centre, you may find some cheap maggie mee for sale, I know there is 1 somewhere at mechperson, 1 cup myojo oso going at 90 cent.
    Life is like Photography, to improve, you have to keep shooting!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast