Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 69

Thread: will u eat maggie mee for one month to buy your dream lens ?

  1. #1

    Default will u eat maggie mee for one month to buy your dream lens ?

    saw this question in other photography forum ... sound interesting

  2. #2

    Default Re: will u eat maggie mee for one month to buy your dream lens ?

    Why not? I spent over 20 years dreaming of owning my 'ideal' f/2.8 tele-zoom lens, and about 4 years+ saving up for it. But there are cheaper and healthier options than Maggie Mee leh - Go Tekka market buy fresh, cheap veggies in bulk and eat with lowest grade steamed rice better.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    3,688

    Default Re: will u eat maggie mee for one month to buy your dream lens ?

    Do you want to compromise your health just to buy equipment? Yes, can get cheaper food if you know where to buy.......

    HS

  4. #4

    Default Re: will u eat maggie mee for one month to buy your dream lens ?

    Maggie mee only? For me is no. I rather just dream of the dream lens.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: will u eat maggie mee for one month to buy your dream lens ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Why not? I spent over 20 years dreaming of owning my 'ideal' f/2.8 tele-zoom lens, and about 4 years+ saving up for it. But there are cheaper and healthier options than Maggie Mee leh - Go Tekka market buy fresh, cheap veggies in bulk and eat with lowest grade steamed rice better.
    maggie mee not cheap...

    cos i dun like maggie, i buy nissin, then end up lazy buy those instant cup version, then find that got direct from japan ones, then after that upgrade to those big bowl ones... more than 5 bucks each... lol...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  6. #6

    Default Re: will u eat maggie mee for one month to buy your dream lens ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    maggie mee not cheap...

    cos i dun like maggie, i buy nissin, then end up lazy buy those instant cup version, then find that got direct from japan ones, then after that upgrade to those big bowl ones... more than 5 bucks each... lol...
    But those big bowl instant noodle hor, after you eat ah, can use to make flash reflector, DIY ring-light, diffuser etc etc etc

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: will u eat maggie mee for one month to buy your dream lens ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    But those big bowl instant noodle hor, after you eat ah, can use to make flash reflector, DIY ring-light, diffuser etc etc etc
    tats denniskee hobby...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Beyond Space-Time Continuum
    Posts
    6,324

    Default Re: will u eat maggie mee for one month to buy your dream lens ?

    maggie mee is a luxury already.

  9. #9

    Default Re: will u eat maggie mee for one month to buy your dream lens ?

    I ate tofu and frozen mixed vegetables for 3 months to survive graduate school. A lens is more affordable, I would gladly eat Maggie Mee for a month to get it.
    Available as a model, photographer, and art director/stylist.

  10. #10

    Default Re: will u eat maggie mee for one month to buy your dream lens ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    But those big bowl instant noodle hor, after you eat ah, can use to make flash reflector, DIY ring-light, diffuser etc etc etc
    global warming...is time for recycle

  11. #11
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: will u eat maggie mee for one month to buy your dream lens ?

    maggie mee for 1 month!!


    100 bottles of BA WANG Anti Hair Fall Shampoo can't even save ur pretty hair from dropping freely!!




    shud try drinking sky juice with loti. sounds like a healthier choice.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Deep Deep in the sea
    Posts
    3,409

    Default Re: will u eat maggie mee for one month to buy your dream lens ?

    You can go to the temples they give out free food sometimes

  13. #13
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: will u eat maggie mee for one month to buy your dream lens ?

    Quote Originally Posted by lovells19 View Post
    You can go to the temples they give out free food sometimes
    tat is a no-no... not nice to do such thing, vying for food with those who really need and can't afford.



    i can't belif any of us will do that jus to buy a dream lens
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: will u eat maggie mee for one month to buy your dream lens ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    tat is a no-no... not nice to do such thing, vying for food with those who really need and can't afford.



    i can't belif any of us will do that jus to buy a dream lens
    maybe got leh, u never know...

    maybe those saving up for 600mm or 1200mm range ones...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bishan
    Posts
    57

    Default Re: will u eat maggie mee for one month to buy your dream lens ?

    Already, i'm tightening up my pocket every month, after buying my D300

  16. #16
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: will u eat maggie mee for one month to buy your dream lens ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    maybe got leh, u never know...

    maybe those saving up for 600mm or 1200mm range ones...
    wa... nothing to say man. hahahaha
    buey sai la... like tat not nice. u buy liao the lens within 1 wk tio cui.


    karma.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  17. #17
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: will u eat maggie mee for one month to buy your dream lens ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Renesix View Post
    Already, i'm tightening up my pocket every month, after buying my D300
    ahhhh.. u might as well sell it now..

    there's a new toy coming just around the corner...
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  18. #18

    Default Re: will u eat maggie mee for one month to buy your dream lens ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    maggie mee for 1 month!!


    100 bottles of BA WANG Anti Hair Fall Shampoo can't even save ur pretty hair from dropping freely!!




    shud try drinking sky juice with loti. sounds like a healthier choice.
    Now not only saving for food, also can save money for hair cut. One stone kill two birds.

  19. #19
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: will u eat maggie mee for one month to buy your dream lens ?

    Quote Originally Posted by cckue View Post
    Now not only saving for food, also can save money for hair cut. One stone kill two birds.
    well said. i guess maggi mee diet is the way to go!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  20. #20
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: will u eat maggie mee for one month to buy your dream lens ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    well said. i guess maggi mee diet is the way to go!!!
    If you don't eat cheese cakes you can buy Hasselblad H3D long long ago liao:


Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •