Thread: Compatibility of Elinchrom Skyports from different countries

Default Compatibility of Elinchrom Skyports from different countries

I've heard from overseas users that there should not be any difference in frequencies, but when I check on my existing set, there is a very clear 'CE' marked on the back of everything.

IIRC, that 'CE' denotes frequencies for Europe and Asia

There is a statement in the manual which states:

CE This device has been tested and found to comply with the requirements set up in council directive on the approximation of the law of member states relating to EMC Directive 89/336/EEC, Low Voltage Directive 73/23/EEC and R&TTE Directive 99/5/EC

In the manual for the receiver, the listed range of frequencies are:

Default with all 3 slider switches 'OFF' - Trigger Freq 2456/Mhz and Remote Freq 2448/Mhz

With all 3 slider switched 'ON' - Trigger Freq 22475/Mhz and Remote Freq 2467/Mhz

My question: Can I use Skyport Receivers bought in the US with my Skyport set with the 'CE' designation bought here in SG, or is the 'CE' labelling a matter or 'formalities' required by law, and inside, it's all the same? I know that for Pocket Wizards, it's different frequencies for the US and Europe/Asia markets.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Compatibility of Elinchrom Skyports from different countries

2.4GHz is the ISM band which is shared by many devices (including Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n) and is allowed in EU, US and around the world. I don't think they'll use different frequencies for different regions.

It's still best to send an email to Elinchrom to check.