Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 25 of 25

Thread: Which mp3 player?

  1. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    667

    Default Re: Which mp3 player?

    Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    Oops. If I had known that, I would have said that there isn't anything really good out there that's portable.
    Haha, true.... But actually the question still is, would the portable amp at least help the iPod such that it would not feel like a downgrade in audio quality from what i have now?

  2. #22

    Default Re: Which mp3 player?

    people say ipod sound not good, but I actually got an ipod nano for the sound. I brought the creative zen at first but with my westone UM2 I hear very significant hissing (noise) at the low passages of the song. With the ipod it is much better.... I tried quite a couple of brands from sumsung to sony at various shops as the hissing was driving me nuts when I listen to quiet songs. In the end, the ipod was one of the best.... note that the creative zen sounds slightly better with more punch at louderlistening levels but the hissing was the deal breaker as it was very intrusive at times.

    The bottomline is, the headphones you are using is very impt. Just audition it in the shops and get one that sounds good to u and easy to use.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    667

    Default Re: Which mp3 player?

    Quote Originally Posted by pisduck View Post
    people say ipod sound not good, but I actually got an ipod nano for the sound. I brought the creative zen at first but with my westone UM2 I hear very significant hissing (noise) at the low passages of the song. With the ipod it is much better.... I tried quite a couple of brands from sumsung to sony at various shops as the hissing was driving me nuts when I listen to quiet songs. In the end, the ipod was one of the best.... note that the creative zen sounds slightly better with more punch at louderlistening levels but the hissing was the deal breaker as it was very intrusive at times.

    The bottomline is, the headphones you are using is very impt. Just audition it in the shops and get one that sounds good to u and easy to use.
    Hey, thanks for the advice. Was just wondering, could it be that the song that you listened to was actually badly recorded or a old recording that contains hissing, and that the iPod actually misses the "details"?

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Somewhere near a chinese lake
    Posts
    1,509

    Default Re: Which mp3 player?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhiliang View Post
    Haha, true.... But actually the question still is, would the portable amp at least help the iPod such that it would not feel like a downgrade in audio quality from what i have now?
    Short reply - yes.

    For a more budget portable headphone amp, you can look at amps from C+C, GoVibes etc. For higher end amps there are those from Ray Samuel like Hornet & Tomahawk.

    The best way to prove to yourself whether if the sound quality will improve for you is to go down to Jaben and audition it yourself. Only you can tell whether is there any difference or not.
    Canon 650D|Panasonic LX3 / LX5
    50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 12-24mm f/4 | 28-75mm f/2.8

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    667

    Default Re: Which mp3 player?

    Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Short reply - yes.

    For a more budget portable headphone amp, you can look at amps from C+C, GoVibes etc. For higher end amps there are those from Ray Samuel like Hornet & Tomahawk.

    The best way to prove to yourself whether if the sound quality will improve for you is to go down to Jaben and audition it yourself. Only you can tell whether is there any difference or not.

    Cool! Then i can safely go buy the iPod and then start shopping for the amp :P

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •