Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Canon 430EX or 480EX?

  1. #1

    Default Canon 430EX or 480EX?

    hello everyone! got a burning question to ask...
    i mean, yes, 480EX is better. but the salesperson told me that i need not need a 480EX for now. he told me to get a 430EX instead as the difference between both speedlites ain't much. i owe a 450D btw. i need a flash for potraits and events mainly.
    580EX is way out of my budget -.-
    thats why, i hope you guys can enlighten me. gimme a preferred choice of yours, and hopefully reasons to support your choice.
    thanks alot!
    btw people also said using a good speedlite on a entry level dSLR looks weird... gee... why is this so?

    *sorry, just found out that there's no 480EX. i believed i saw the wrong number on the packaging for the 580EX.
    Last edited by HTCahHTC; 22nd June 2008 at 09:26 PM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Canon 430EX or 480EX?

    Your 480.. is refering to the 480 right?

    430 should be enough for now eh.. Unless you have extra money to spend on the 580..

    Who cares what it looks like? Only people who MAY think it looks "weird" makes up less than 0.01 percent of the people you will meet in your life.
    Meow!

  3. #3

    Default Re: Canon 430EX or 480EX?

    Quote Originally Posted by GavinTing View Post
    Your 480.. is refering to the 480 right?

    430 should be enough for now eh.. Unless you have extra money to spend on the 580..

    Who cares what it looks like? Only people who MAY think it looks "weird" makes up less than 0.01 percent of the people you will meet in your life.
    eh. i saw a 480EX sia... omg, am i seeing things? just checked canon website and found out that there's no 480EX... hahaha.
    sorry.
    430 should be enough? omg, should be? i'm back to square one.
    and i've already met that 0.01 percent of the people who said 580EX will look weird on a entry level dSLR. -.-
    am i that sway?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Canon 430EX or 480EX?

    Quote Originally Posted by HTCahHTC View Post
    eh. i saw a 480EX sia... omg, am i seeing things? just checked canon website and found out that there's no 480EX... hahaha.
    sorry.
    430 should be enough? omg, should be? i'm back to square one.
    and i've already met that 0.01 percent of the people who said 580EX will look weird on a entry level dSLR. -.-
    am i that sway?
    Google presents Results 1 - 10 of about 848 for 480EX.

    Cannot be a canon product only 848 results..

    If a person thinks it's weird.. He either doesnt know camera well, or is pure arrogant.
    Meow!

  5. #5

    Default Re: Canon 430EX or 480EX?

    Bro 430EX is sufficient if u ask me. But ask urself do u see urself doing events and stuff like tat in e near future? Cuz if u r, e 580EX wud b a better choice due to faster refresh rate and ability to use external batt pack, making it even much faster refresh rate.

    I'm not aware of e existense of e 480EX.

    Wat people say abt wat flashlite on wat camera model, let them b. U'r to shoot to ur best ability, let others worry abt ur looks while u worry abt ur output. Get wat can help u do e job efficiently.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Canon 430EX or 480EX?

    Quote Originally Posted by GavinTing View Post
    Google presents Results 1 - 10 of about 848 for 480EX.

    Cannot be a canon product only 848 results..

    If a person thinks it's weird.. He either doesnt know camera well, or is pure arrogant.
    hehe, went to canon website and it didnt have 480EX this product. yeah, guessed my eyes played tricks on me just now sorry and thanks alot!

    Quote Originally Posted by AdyH View Post
    Bro 430EX is sufficient if u ask me. But ask urself do u see urself doing events and stuff like tat in e near future? Cuz if u r, e 580EX wud b a better choice due to faster refresh rate and ability to use external batt pack, making it even much faster refresh rate.

    I'm not aware of e existense of e 480EX.

    Wat people say abt wat flashlite on wat camera model, let them b. U'r to shoot to ur best ability, let others worry abt ur looks while u worry abt ur output. Get wat can help u do e job efficiently.
    ok, i appreciate your answer. haha. IF i buy a 430EX now, but am planning to do events and stuffs in the near future. would it be advisable to get a 580EX at that time? or would you rather buy a 580EX now and save any unwanted costs?
    anw bro, thanks alot

  7. #7

    Default Re: Canon 430EX or 480EX?

    i tried a 580ex (~400g) on my 400d and the problem wasnt only that it looked wierd (minor problem, doesnt bother me acutally) i felt that it threw balance off the camera due to the weight as compared to my 420ex

    i tried a 430 (~330g) also its about the same as the 420 (~300g)

    personal preference


    but i would like a 580 in the future tho :P

  8. #8

    Default Re: Canon 430EX or 480EX?

    Quote Originally Posted by Raied View Post
    i tried a 580ex (~400g) on my 400d and the problem wasnt only that it looked wierd (minor problem, doesnt bother me acutally) i felt that it threw balance off the camera due to the weight as compared to my 420ex

    i tried a 430 (~330g) also its about the same as the 420 (~300g)

    personal preference


    but i would like a 580 in the future tho :P
    so it DOES look weird -.- omg.
    i think i'll go with 430 first, till i get a better body down the road.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Clementi
    Posts
    10,596

    Default Re: Canon 430EX or 480EX?

    Quote Originally Posted by HTCahHTC View Post
    so it DOES look weird -.- omg.
    i think i'll go with 430 first, till i get a better body down the road.
    Why are you even concerned about whether it looks weird?

    I've mounted a 24-70 on a 350D just for the fun of it. Sure it looks weird, but at the end of the day, you carry a camera, a lens, a flash, all to take good photos, and (hopefully) not to just look good.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •