Thread: Photoshop cs3 output!

Default Photoshop cs3 output!

Anyone have any idea why the saved pics in cs3 looks so much diff when viewed on the pc/browser? Funny thing is that when I open back the pic, the original warm colors, etc comes back! hmm.
    Here's an example fr me yesterdays shoot:

Someone enlighten me? thanks so much.

Default Re: Photoshop cs3 output!

Photoshop has colour management. Is your photo taken with Adobe RGB?

Thanks tunster! it certainly helped! It was defaulted as Macintosh RGB, I changed to Windows RGB and got the accurate depiction of the actual output color.

What a letdown to find windows color is so much inferiour to mac's...
    Last edited by dennisc; 22nd June 2008 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisc View Post
    Thanks tunster! it certainly helped! It was defaulted as Macintosh RGB, I changed to Windows RGB and got the accurate depiction of the actual output color.

not sure ... realised sometime ago ... that mac seemly made yr pics look better than the average pc...
    however, when come to postprocessing...it might look nice on yr mac ....it look the opposite on the average joe desktop,
    whereas if the same pic look good on the average joe pc, it will look even better on the mac...did anyone have the same feel as me?
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    not sure ... realised sometime ago ... that mac seemly made yr pics look better than the average pc...
    however, when come to postprocessing...it might look nice on yr mac ....it look the opposite on the average joe desktop,
    whereas if the same pic look good on the average joe pc, it will look even better on the mac...did anyone have the same feel as me?
    if windows and mac lcds have been color calibrated and profiled to gamma 2.2, sRGB images will look the same on both systems.
    Last edited by Zohan; 22nd June 2008 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisc View Post

issue is not about inferior color. for screen output, both macs and windows will show the same color/contrast if image has a sRGB color profile.

Quote Originally Posted by Zohan View Post
    if windows and mac lcds have been color calibrated and profiled to gamma 2.2, sRGB images will look the same on both systems.
    how abt an average joe's laptop lcd and his desktop using crt?
    different brands

different brands
    if still lcds have been color calibrated and profiled to gamma 2.2 + sRGB images, will still look the same.

different brands
    lcds & monitors will have different characteristics that will not change even after hardware calibration because they use different technologies. but after *hardware* calibration, they should look 90-95% close.

Please note that if you want to display on the web...please save the image for web use...else the color will not be accurate when displayed via web browser. There is a function in CS3 to save for web use.

Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81 View Post
    if still lcds have been color calibrated and profiled to gamma 2.2 + sRGB images, will still look the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zohan View Post
    lcds & monitors will have different characteristics that will not change even after hardware calibration because they use different technologies. but after *hardware* calibration, they should look 90-95% close.
    Tks U!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning View Post
    Please note that if you want to display on the web...please save the image for web use...else the color will not be accurate when displayed via web browser. There is a function in CS3 to save for web use.
    true. but if softproofing (on windows rgb) has been turned off (cmd Y), the save as web screen will show a different color from the image in photoshop.

Great useful infos! thanks guys for asking and answering. Fixed my problem!

Arrow Very good!!! Support !30