Page 1 of 9 1236 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 172

Thread: RSAF Open House 2008

  1. #1
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow RSAF Open House 2008

    RSAF Open House 2008



    Date & Time:
    The event will be open to the public on 300808(Sat) and 310808(Sun), 0900-1900 hrs.

    Venue:
    Paya Lebar Air Base

    Getting There:
    a. Free shuttle service* to Paya Lebar Air Base is available at Hougang SBS Transit Bus Interchange and Eunos SBS Transit Bus Interchange, or

    b. Hop onto SBS Transit Bus Service 90 at Toa Payoh SBS Transit Bus Interchange and alight opposite Air Force Museum. The entrance is just next to the Air Force Museum

    * Free Shuttle Service operating hours: 0830 hrs to 2000 hrs

    Event Description:
    This year, the Republic of Singapore Air Force turns 40! As part of the 40th Anniversary Celebrations, the RSAF Open House 2008 will be held for the public on the 30th and 31st August 2008. The event will showcase the 3rd Generation RSAF and the capabilities that the RSAF has developed over the years. Exciting highlights include aerial display performances, aircraft rides, hot air balloon rides, display of our advanced weapon systems and carnival activities for all!

    A set of 5 commemorative stamps featuring the diverse range of vocations that make up the 3rd Generation RSAF will be officially launched by SingPost on 28 Aug 08. The set of stamps in the form of First Day Cover affixed with stamps and Presentation Pack will also be available for sale during the RSAF Open House.

    So make your way to the RSAF Open House 2008 this August. Find out more about the force like nothing on earth at the RSAF Open House 2008!

    Admission:
    Admission is FREE!

    Publicity Website:
    Please visit RSAF Open House 2008 website for event highlights, event map and other details.

    http://www.mindef.gov.sg/rsaf/oh08/index.html
    Last edited by xtemujin; 31st July 2008 at 05:21 PM.

  2. #2

    Default Re: RSAF Open House 2008

    can we go shoot inside?
    D80,18-135mm kit, 85 mm f1.8, sb900.
    My Flicker : http://www.flickr.com/photos/27466187@N06/sets/

  3. #3

    Default Re: RSAF Open House 2008

    Is it free ? should be right ?
    Experimental + Newbie photographer
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/van88/

  4. #4
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: RSAF Open House 2008

    Yes, this is a free event and you can bring your DSLR or PNS.

    HTH.

  5. #5

    Default Re: RSAF Open House 2008

    wads hth?
    D80,18-135mm kit, 85 mm f1.8, sb900.
    My Flicker : http://www.flickr.com/photos/27466187@N06/sets/

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    lost in translation
    Posts
    907

    Default Re: RSAF Open House 2008

    believe they'll limit the lens to <300 or something... can't really remember

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    west
    Posts
    1,313

    Default Re: RSAF Open House 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by harper View Post
    believe they'll limit the lens to <300 or something... can't really remember
    i think so. they will ask you what max focal length you have.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Canew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Tampines
    Posts
    2,229

    Default Re: RSAF Open House 2008

    TS, thanks for the heads-up.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    ClubSNAP East
    Posts
    1,702

    Default Re: RSAF Open House 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by jkuean View Post
    wads hth?
    HTH = Hope This Helps.

    :Later,

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    lost in translation
    Posts
    907

    Default Re: RSAF Open House 2008

    now wondering how to make out all those "fine" prints at the end of the poster of what to expect.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Behide You
    Posts
    101

    Default Re: RSAF Open House 2008

    No >300 lens is allow.
    No Weapon alike item
    no sharp odjects

    i "was" a MP from there, n worst, i m going in 4 IT during tt time too

    so, if u all play punk with the guards there, like bluff them the lens, HAHAHAHAHA i will know

  12. #12

    Default Re: RSAF Open House 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by KsterK View Post
    No >300 lens is allow.
    No Weapon alike item
    no sharp odjects

    i "was" a MP from there, n worst, i m going in 4 IT during tt time too

    so, if u all play punk with the guards there, like bluff them the lens, HAHAHAHAHA i will know
    how about a prime lens 300mm leh ? it neither less nor more but a 300mm exact..
    Last edited by Exposure; 22nd June 2008 at 12:05 PM.

  13. #13
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: RSAF Open House 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by Exposure View Post
    how about a prime lens 300mm leh ? it neither less nor more but a 300mm exact..
    IIRC, you can use up to 300mm lenses. This is to allow those with 70-300 to still be able to use those lenses. 400 and more would be more of the higher telephoto ranges that they would not allow.
    Michael Lim
    My Flickr Site

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Catchment Area
    Posts
    2,441

    Default Re: RSAF Open House 2008

    Looks like there are lots of opportunities to shoot aviation this year. Starting with the Airshow, then the NDP with the Black Knights and now, this PLAB Open House.

    For NDP, I think it ain't that good for 2 reasons: it is a wee bit too late at 7pm and from the gallery, you're shooting westwards, against the sun, if there is still light. But the back ground is good. In anycase, I will still give it a shot.

    I went for the last PLAB Open House the last time, in Aug06. Able to shoot a F16 flying solo, but not formation flying like the Black Knights. It is gonna to be very interesting with the Black Knights.
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

  15. #15
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: RSAF Open House 2008

    The last RSAF open house was in September 2006.

    The planning to move the crowd from Eunos interchange to Paya Lebar Airbase was very bad. Those in charged were busy putting up new barriers when they saw that the crowd was getting bigger.

    Many people were still waiting for the bus when the first aircraft show started and we had to see it from Eunos interchange. Don't forget that you're going to be part of the morning traffic jam on route to the PLAB.

    I'm preparing for the worst and hoping for the best as it was a bad experience for the RSAF open house 2006 and the Singapore Airshow 2008 to get from the designated pick up point to the exhibition area, just like cattle to be transported for slaughter.

    Think of the children.
    Last edited by xtemujin; 22nd June 2008 at 08:48 PM.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Catchment Area
    Posts
    2,441

    Default Re: RSAF Open House 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    The last RSAF open house was in September 2006.

    The planning to move the crowd from Eunos interchange to Paya Lebar Airbase was very bad. Those in charged were busy putting up new barriers when they saw that the crowd was getting bigger.

    Many people were still waiting for the bus when the first aircraft show started and we had to see it from Eunos interchange. Don't forget that you're going to be part of the morning traffic jam on route to the PLAB.

    I'm preparing for the worst and hoping for the best as it was a bad experience for the RSAF open house 2006 and the Singapore Airshow 2008 to get from the designated pick up point to the exhibition area, just like cattle to be transported for slaughter.

    Think of the children.
    OOps, I missed it by a month then - Sep06. Remember it was very hazy then.

    One suggestion - 2 pick up points instead of 1 - Eunos and Serangoon. I guess the bottleneck is the boarding of the bus and the queue. So, 2 pick up points would mean twice the speed. The air force could readily mobilise enough personnel to man 2 location without problem.

    I suppose 98.0FM would be giving out more details pretty soon, like the timings for the aerial displays.
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

  17. #17
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: RSAF Open House 2008

    I don't know how the RSAF will plan to move the crowd.

    I'll have to say that the Republic of Singapore Navy and the Army Open House 2007 was quite good in moving the crowd.

    Vastly different approach of an open house where it is more up close and personal.

    Royal Malaysia AirForce(RMAF) 50th Jubilee, 2008.

    http://www.photomalaysia.com/forums/...ad.php?t=50422

    http://www.shutterasia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14084

    Hats off, you can also take photos with the female pilot.
    Last edited by xtemujin; 4th July 2008 at 07:28 AM.

  18. #18
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    lost in translation
    Posts
    907

    Default Re: RSAF Open House 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by smallaperture View Post
    Looks like there are lots of opportunities to shoot aviation this year. Starting with the Airshow, then the NDP with the Black Knights and now, this PLAB Open House.

    For NDP, I think it ain't that good for 2 reasons: it is a wee bit too late at 7pm and from the gallery, you're shooting westwards, against the sun, if there is still light. But the back ground is good. In anycase, I will still give it a shot.

    I went for the last PLAB Open House the last time, in Aug06. Able to shoot a F16 flying solo, but not formation flying like the Black Knights. It is gonna to be very interesting with the Black Knights.
    yap, the black knights are flying rather late and its rather dark ... the sun is to the right side of the stage and pics does not look too good. and it'll be getting darker come aug.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    lost in translation
    Posts
    907

    Default Re: RSAF Open House 2008

    Quote Originally Posted by xtemujin View Post
    The last RSAF open house was in September 2006.

    The planning to move the crowd from Eunos interchange to Paya Lebar Airbase was very bad. Those in charged were busy putting up new barriers when they saw that the crowd was getting bigger.

    Many people were still waiting for the bus when the first aircraft show started and we had to see it from Eunos interchange. Don't forget that you're going to be part of the morning traffic jam on route to the PLAB.

    I'm preparing for the worst and hoping for the best as it was a bad experience for the RSAF open house 2006 and the Singapore Airshow 2008 to get from the designated pick up point to the exhibition area, just like cattle to be transported for slaughter.

    Think of the children.
    was rather bad for the crowd control the previous show. hope they get better.

  20. #20
    Senior Member xtemujin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Singapura, Singapore
    Posts
    2,778

    Arrow Re: RSAF Open House 2008

    Mindef has updated their events webpage.

    http://www.mindef.gov.sg/imindef/new...pen_House.html

    There's a need to locate a pickup point where you're not going to be part of the morning jam to PLAB.

Page 1 of 9 1236 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •