Thread: anyone knows where to find old barber shops and big wet markets?

Default anyone knows where to find old barber shops and big wet markets?

hey all!

i'm looking for some old barber shops and big wet markets. old wet markets are fine too!

any help?

Default Re: anyone knows where to find old barber shops and big wet markets?

big wet markets are geylang and tekka market

Old barbers, try toa payoh lorong 1, opposite phillips singapore, there is a hawker centre, there are 2 old school barber shops there. One more is on Siglap Road just further up from where the main coffee joints like coffee club and all are. About 4 bus stops away.

For high class old school barber shops. there is one at Shangri la hotel and another at Traders hotel. These are served by old hanainese men and their clients include senior politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by aeskywan View Post
    Old barbers, try toa payoh lorong 1, opposite phillips singapore, there is a hawker centre, there are 2 old school barber shops there. One more is on Siglap Road just further up from where the main coffee joints like coffee club and all are. About 4 bus stops away.

For high class old school barber shops. there is one at Shangri la hotel and another at Traders hotel. These are served by old hanainese men and their clients include senior politicians.
    how much the high class ones charge?

i kinda miss my old barber that i went to when i was in pri sch.. he had such phenomenal skill with his pair of scissors, and he always sort of uses it in a way that it hits lightly onto my head as he cuts my hair.. i kinda miss it..

I remember the old barber's spinning lamp, the old brown leather seats...

Quote Originally Posted by mrchua View Post
    how much the high class ones charge?

i kinda miss my old barber that i went to when i was in pri sch.. he had such phenomenal skill with his pair of scissors, and he always sort of uses it in a way that it hits lightly onto my head as he cuts my hair.. i kinda miss it..
    I'm sorry I don't know how much they charge as I went there to discuss about shooting there not for hair cut so I didn't ask.

That's some good info! Thanks.. I'll check these places out! Yea, it's more for shoots than for a haircut. The wet markets.. Are they renovated already or old ones?

old barber shop? go to boon lay garden, blk 176, these shops (includes the barber shop u looking) are like time capsules. forzen in the late 70s.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.