Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Digicabi DHC-60

  1. #1

    Default Digicabi DHC-60

    I got a DHC-60 today. Both the led lights(red & green) light up when i powered on, are they supposed to do that? I set humidity at 48% but both led lights did not turn off when humidity reach 48%. Now the it's at 47% and both lights are still on.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    15

    Default Re: Digicabi DHC-60

    If u set at 48%, the green light will cut-off at 46% and will-cut in at 50%.
    Canon A450

  3. #3

    Default Re: Digicabi DHC-60

    Quote Originally Posted by kenthsg View Post
    I got a DHC-60 today. Both the led lights(red & green) light up when i powered on, are they supposed to do that? I set humidity at 48% but both led lights did not turn off when humidity reach 48%. Now the it's at 47% and both lights are still on.
    Green light has nothing to do with humidity but how much you have turned the knob. It *may be* possible that you have turned the knob to far right, and humidity is still decreasing (which seems to be the case from what you say). Usually, you can stabilize at 47-48% even if you keep the knob at a lower position, where the green light isn't lit up at all. 60L cabinets takes some time to change humidity.

    Red light is the power light, so it is supposed to light up when power is on. Did you read the manual?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Digicabi DHC-60

    Quote Originally Posted by estel View Post
    Green light has nothing to do with humidity but how much you have turned the knob. It *may be* possible that you have turned the knob to far right, and humidity is still decreasing (which seems to be the case from what you say). Usually, you can stabilize at 47-48% even if you keep the knob at a lower position, where the green light isn't lit up at all. 60L cabinets takes some time to change humidity.

    Red light is the power light, so it is supposed to light up when power is on. Did you read the manual?
    Estel, what you say is right for the AD and DH series models however the OP is talking of the DHC series which is a Digital Humidity Controlled cabinet in which you can set the actual % of RH you want (Edit: using a "set" button in the front, there's no knob in the DHC models). I just got a DHC-40 and haven't yet been able to read the manual but this is what I observed: both lights go on when connected but once the RH reaches the set value (or maybe +/- 2% from the set value as iris mentioned) the green light goes off. The red light still stays on. So I guess the red light is to indicate the power status and the green light is an indication of whether the controller is on, it should switch itself off once the set humidity is reached.



    raghu
    Last edited by raghu; 21st June 2008 at 03:47 PM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Digicabi DHC-60

    Quote Originally Posted by raghu View Post
    Estel, what you say is right for the AD and DH series models however the OP is talking of the DHC series which is a Digital Humidity Controlled cabinet in which you can set the actual % of RH you want

    raghu

    oopsi - my mistake apologies.

    By the way, according to some prev. posts and *my own* experience on one of the cabinets i bought from them, sometimes you get faulty sets that don't work right from the start. Just give them a call (they're closed on weekends) and in my case, they were really helpful and apologetic, and very quick to settle the issue.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    S'pore
    Posts
    373

    Default Re: Digicabi DHC-60

    i am using DHC40 an older version with only green lights. it will toggle on/off between plus/minus 5% of what I set.

    so if i set at 50%, it will keep sucking moisture until 45% then turn off, wait for it to rise to 55% then turn on again

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •