Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: air con

  1. #1

    Default air con

    hi
    am new to the whole dslr deal so i have a few qns

    is it okay to place a dry cabinet in an aircon room? what effects will there be
    is it okay to shoot in an air con room? (yes i maybe be over paranoid lol)
    will bring the camera thru sudden temp changes like from aircon room to room temp be bad to the camera?

    help
    thanks =D

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,002

    Default Re: air con

    #1: you can place a dry cabinet in any condition.. the dry cabinet is supposed to keep its interior consistently dry..

    #2: no you can't.. hahaha.. joking.. of course you can shoot in air con rooms..

    #3: just note the misting / fogging on the surface of lenses (esp when the difference in temperature is very large and causes condensation on the surface of the lens)

  3. #3

    Default Re: air con

    will the misting cause any damage to the lens or any part of the camera?

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,002

    Default Re: air con

    wipe it off with lens cloth.. or cover the lens with lens cover.. dun think it'll cause anything.. spectacles without anti-fogging experience that all the time..

    i suggest dun get too paranoid and start taking some pics..

  5. #5

    Default Re: air con

    Quote Originally Posted by ssping83 View Post
    wipe it off with lens cloth.. or cover the lens with lens cover.. dun think it'll cause anything.. spectacles without anti-fogging experience that all the time..

    i suggest dun get too paranoid and start taking some pics..
    ok i will....
    once my battery finishes charging =D

  6. #6

    Default Re: air con

    Quote Originally Posted by hopecount View Post
    will the misting cause any damage to the lens or any part of the camera?
    One way to avoid misting is to put the equipment in a sealed plastic and allow it to reach the ambient temperature before taking it out of the bag. Since the cameras aren't airtight bodies the condensation will happen both inside the camera as well as outside. Have a look at the last section in this article: http://www.ritzcamera.com/static/art...ter-photo.html

    Do keep in mind that the article refers to taking the camera from subzero to "normal" temperature where condensation can be severe, a few degrees temperature change would not be so bad.

    raghu

  7. #7

    Default Re: air con

    thanks for the help guys =D
    will go on my first photoshoot once i finish sleeping haha
    yawns

  8. #8
    Member Parka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore
    Posts
    1,067

    Default Re: air con

    Air conditioning doesn't mean the air is wet, it means the air is cooler.


  9. #9
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: air con

    in fact an air conditioned room (cold) is actually a good place to keep camera/lenses
    as the humidity is low (dry cold air)

  10. #10

    Default Re: air con

    Quote Originally Posted by raghu View Post
    One way to avoid misting is to put the equipment in a sealed plastic and allow it to reach the ambient temperature before taking it out of the bag. Since the cameras aren't airtight bodies the condensation will happen both inside the camera as well as outside. Have a look at the last section in this article: http://www.ritzcamera.com/static/art...ter-photo.html

    Do keep in mind that the article refers to taking the camera from subzero to "normal" temperature where condensation can be severe, a few degrees temperature change would not be so bad.

    raghu
    thx Raghu
    but somehow i still dun get the plastic bag part.
    wrapped in the bag? doesnt condensation still take place..

  11. #11

    Default Re: air con

    hey folks
    why does my dry box keep going to 30+ humidity
    i set it to M and manual says thats around 50

    is it due to my putting it in an air cond room?
    when its too dry the camera body might crack right?
    ._. so scared

  12. #12

    Default Re: air con

    err..... too dry body might crack??

    Dun think your aircon is that power.

    Anyway, if you using seal tight bag, the humidity will be seal in too. It sealed the environmental humidity. Unless you seal it in a aircon, humidity controlled environment, if not no need. A dry box should be enough.
    FM2 & Nikormat

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •