Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 691011121316 ... LastLast

Thread: Delhi to Ladakh rejoiced (H series)

Default Re: Delhi to Ladakh rejoiced (H series)

Quote Originally Posted by asterixsg View Post
    this photo speaks so much. lovely capture, zoossh. many of your photos leave me speechless. at the same time, i don't agree with some of the photos either. it doesnt matter, because what works for me, maynot work for someone else and vice versa.

i like your narrative too, because it gives one an idea of the thought process that went in while photographing a shot.

keep posting more photos. there's always something to learn for your work.
    i do try out different ways of composing, and repeats some of those compositions i like. while i may not be able to change certain fixations right now or in time, i think it is good to know the likes and dislikes anyone have for the photos, and who knows i can pick up something new?

u can quote those that you dun like but tell me why... the thumbnail pics work as an anchor (like the nail you pin on the wall to hang a picture below) as well as for quoting for reference. if i can comment at ease at any expert or newbie, i'm sure anyone can do the same for me too.
    Last edited by zoossh; 27th October 2008 at 04:15 PM.

another shot of prayer flags and the top of spituk monastery. a little new unconventional composition without framing all around as i dun seem to find the right "hole".... but retrospectively, i got more space to show the gradient of the sky. but if i can get a bigger "hole" and a strong diamond shaped frame, plus more of the monastery in a low angle tilt up shot, that may be more impactful. i think for the below shot, the patches of colors is not strong enough at the bottom.

goats at hunder, in the mellow light on the pale grasses and twigs of the bushes. and yes, a pity of the blown highlight

when my travelmate comes near a shop with a big painting as shown, i thought of taking this shot and so i signal him to pose next to it. it is only a matter of probably within 10s as i take my fast tele up to shoot as i'm probably about 30-50m away, but it did pick up the attention of the shopowner from about 20m from him. i think it was not a local as i vaguely remember he wears a turban. and i think he shouted at my friend in a rude manner saying something like "why???!!!"... felt so paiseh to my friend. and that is one of the rare unpleasant encounter. if only the curtain is continuous with the painting without the white portion, it would be excellent...

Last edited by zoossh; 28th October 2008 at 02:52 AM.

Wow..really very nice series. I liked every one of them..heehee. But if I wanna choose my faves...it'll probably be these 5 above. Esp the framing for #31.

looks like i'm walking out of my orange bias.... from the pics you have selected, think i got some good cool tones.

sea of yellow flower at saspol. as earlier described, i have difficulty dealing with the tricky yellow in high mid day contrast. either i got the dirty underexposed yellow and retained the highlights (but need to work tediously on the hue/tone later, which i haven't) or to exposed for overall and sacrifice the highlights. i have tentatively chosen the latter to work on...

Quote Originally Posted by zoossh View Post

another shot of prayer flags and the top of spituk monastery. a little new unconventional composition without framing all around as i dun seem to find the right "hole".... but retrospectively, i got more space to show the gradient of the sky. but if i can get a bigger "hole" and a strong diamond shaped frame, plus more of the monastery in a low angle tilt up shot, that may be more impactful. i think for the below shot, the patches of colors is not strong enough at the bottom.

I have been refraining from adding to your threads as they are already long as it is, but this one I have to say... WOW!
    I have always been a fan of darker tones. i liked the way the blue grad darker to the upper left. and the rich colours of the flags, with a hint of motion. blew me away.

looks like i'm walking out of my orange bias.... from the pics you have selected, think i got some good cool tones.
    and since i already replied. i didn't notice you have an orange bias. it never showed up in your margaret river thread anyway. nor did your ladakh thread.

those are the recent shots, this jun and last oct.

ahbot's seat? as shown to us at chamday's monastery.... we can't really communicate to the monks there except for one who speak some english... and french... composition wise, i think i lack space on the right.

Last edited by zoossh; 12th November 2008 at 12:25 AM.

manali apple view guesthouse boss. note the lushious green. nice place to visit prior to going to leh

Not seen this thread before, don't know how I missed it.

Really interesting pictures and your 'creamy' processing is very 'true' to the actual event.

I'll have to spend some time going through your posts.

Mandy

i have been trying, as david noton says, to keep things real, or at least believably real. but alas ever since i have started using GND and realised the effects of clean and dirty filters, there is an alteration to the colors and texture, which makes things look better though not as sharp and real... have been trying to fit in between... still trying.

typical sight showing distances from nearby locations. at changla pass. the clouds in the middle seems to look like smoke coming out from a volcano

mountains at spangmik.

group of bakers in leh. the guy behind holds some pancake and would be good if it is held by the guys in front, but that is non-salon style photography often left up to the subject. i started to realise for group portraits, it is better to move back and shoot at 14mm onwards. the distortion on the right is a little excessive. and i used to think that my sigma is not sharp, but that is probably it is often paired with filters or shot in low light...

Last edited by zoossh; 14th November 2008 at 09:01 PM.

This is a great thread - I don't think I'm brave enough to go by myself - but I would love to!

Love the group poses - looks cheery and fun, even though they have weather-worn, fierce faces.

Mandy

Quote Originally Posted by Manda View Post
    This is a great thread - I don't think I'm brave enough to go by myself - but I would love to!

Love the group poses - looks cheery and fun, even though they have weather-worn, fierce faces.

Mandy
    yah, initially i hesitate to approach. but my friend urged me to.

horses at mandhi

horses at mandhi

Can I ask how close were you to the horse?

Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 691011121316 ... LastLast