Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 53 of 53

Thread: Sick of the job market

  1. #41
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Sick of the job market

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Screw them back for revenge, honestly
    That's applicable if their service is free one.

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Deep Deep in the sea
    Posts
    3,409

    Default Re: Sick of the job market

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    Screw them back for revenge, honestly
    Its not easy when they are your boss

    But it can be done.

    however screwing without control will lead to adverse effects!

  3. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Ipoh. Perak. Malaysia
    Posts
    99

    Default Re: Sick of the job market

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    You can be one if you have the right combination of numbers.

    This must also be at the right time too!

    Saw one guy fainted when he had the right combination to the previous month's results!

  4. #44
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Sick of the job market

    Quote Originally Posted by lovells19 View Post
    Its not easy when they are your boss

    But it can be done.

    however screwing without control will lead to adverse effects!
    Pregnancy of the boss?

  5. #45

    Default Re: Sick of the job market

    Quote Originally Posted by dancemania View Post
    'BREAK'. My advice is never take a long break. That was my biggest mistake in the past. People say that you are so out of touch. Anyway, I need a short break right now as I am so tired of those interviewers.
    Hi Fully agree, you should take a short break and refresh yourself.

    I read from a book by Dr Robert S, if you are lost in life, look at the cross, as it represent positive and you will think positive. Hope that you will share with us more after your break.

  6. #46
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Somewhere in the East
    Posts
    97

    Default Re: Sick of the job market

    Quote Originally Posted by tan131 View Post
    When you face setbacks, remember this. Frustration and complains will make you feel better but they do not solve anything. The problems will still exist. Focus not on the process of achieving your dream, its also about how u lead your life. Lastly, when ppl screw you, part of it is cos they care. If they don't bother, they could have just kept quiet. Do a youtube search on "The Last Lecture" and perhaps the video can renew your believe and strength. Below are his words, extracted from his last lecture.

    "The Brick walls are there for a reason. They are not there to keep us out, they let us prove how badly they want things. Brick walls are there to stop people who didnít want it badly enough. They are there to stop those people.

    Itís not how you achieve your dreams, itís how you live your life. If you live your life the right way, the karma will take care of itself, your dreams will come to you.

    When you are doing a bad job and nobody points out to you, thatís when they have given on you. When somebody ride you for two hours, it just mean that they care, to make you better."

    quoted: Dr Randy Pausch
    The Last Lecture? Good book!
    Sorry for the side track.

  7. #47
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    central
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: Sick of the job market

    Quote Originally Posted by dhyk2008 View Post
    Hi Fully agree, you should take a short break and refresh yourself.

    I read from a book by Dr Robert S, if you are lost in life, look at the cross, as it represent positive and you will think positive. Hope that you will share with us more after your break.
    Thanks for your comments.

    Let me tell u something, I just discovered that 4 of the jobs that I applied for and went for interviews are still advertising. What on earth are they looking for? Some even say : Must be able to start immediately! If the position is so urgent, then why are they still advertising. Just choose and get it over with.

  8. #48

    Default Re: Sick of the job market

    Quote Originally Posted by dancemania View Post
    Thanks for your comments.

    Let me tell u something, I just discovered that 4 of the jobs that I applied for and went for interviews are still advertising. What on earth are they looking for? Some even say : Must be able to start immediately! If the position is so urgent, then why are they still advertising. Just choose and get it over with.
    simply means that you are not qualified.

    Just because they have urgent vacancy, doesn't mean they have to employ blindly anyone who come to the interview.

  9. #49
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    central
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: Sick of the job market

    Quote Originally Posted by popeye View Post
    simply means that you are not qualified.

    Just because they have urgent vacancy, doesn't mean they have to employ blindly anyone who come to the interview.
    For your info, some of these jobs have more than 100 people who applied. Don't tell me everyone is not qualified!

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    270 degree of Singapore
    Posts
    6,741

    Default Re: Sick of the job market

    sometime there are really some jobs where no people on the market qualify the job they specified. Or their offer is not good enough to attract the right people.
    Sony Alpha 700 hobbyist

  11. #51
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: Sick of the job market

    Quote Originally Posted by zcf View Post
    sometime there are really some jobs where no people on the market qualify the job they specified. Or their offer is not good enough to attract the right people.
    Maybe the employer should make the effort to retain their staff if the job specification is really that niche they couldn't find a suitable one among so many candidates.

    Anyway, please don't lose hope.

    Many ppl, including myself (peasant level) have gone through your stage before.

    Submit tons of resume letters for 1-2 months, only a handful replied and invite you for interview. Even after you felt you did well for the interview, you still go through the rejection stage or the best they could offer is below market rate..
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  12. #52
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    central
    Posts
    508

    Default Re: Sick of the job market

    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Maybe the employer should make the effort to retain their staff if the job specification is really that niche they couldn't find a suitable one among so many candidates.

    Anyway, please don't lose hope.

    Many ppl, including myself (peasant level) have gone through your stage before.

    Submit tons of resume letters for 1-2 months, only a handful replied and invite you for interview. Even after you felt you did well for the interview, you still go through the rejection stage or the best they could offer is below market rate..
    Agree with 100% with your first paragraph - retain staff.

    Thanks for your words of encouragement.

    There was even a time when I took a job paying way below market rate and was bored with the job. It didn't last long. In fact after I joined, I heard the turnover rate for the position and the whole unit was very high. Within 2 months of joining, I saw 5 resignations. Shocking isn't it!

  13. #53
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    1,109

    Default Re: Sick of the job market

    Quote Originally Posted by blive View Post
    Its a job we all do to make a living and contribute to society. You have to sit down and think about why you are struggling like crazy. There is no perfect job, so you learn to look on the bright side, instead of focusing on why the job sucks.

    It would also help to think about what your goals and aspirations are, your strength and weaknesses, and what you want out of your life. Once you are clear, it makes it easier to find something you want to do.

    Where you are now is a result of the choices and effort you put in in the past. So think about where you want to be in twenty years time, and then work towards that. And don't just think that you want to be a millionaire. You need something concrete.
    Quote Originally Posted by dancemania View Post
    You make things sound so simple. Of course I have sat down and thought why am struggling. That's why am asking you guys for advice.

    Of course, am not aiming to be a millionaire. Like some of you, I just want a comfortable life.

    Anyway, thanks for the advice.
    It is that simple. The simplest things in life is the hardest to achieve. It's not sitting down and looking at why you are struggling. Focus on the positive, not the negative. It's looking at what you would like to do, then carrying out the plan to achieve it. Of course, you need to adjust as you go along.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    You can be one if you have the right combination of numbers.

    True, but you might not stay one for very long....
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •