Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Where To Learn Spanish?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    684

    Default Where To Learn Spanish?

    Hi, i need help over here. Did a google search and came up with many different courses and schools for Spanish in Singapore. Can anyone recommend me any good and recognised one for just part time classes? Of course main thing is effectiveness and not so ex. Thanks

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    New York*New Jersey*Boston
    Posts
    1,072

    Default Re: Where To Learn Spanish?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhiliang View Post
    Of course main thing is effectiveness and not so ex. Thanks
    just to note
    you have to make sure you differentiate between learning South America spanish and Spain's spanish.
    you have to define you own meaning of "effectiveness" and where you want to use it
    Regards, Mark Pang
    www.markpangphotography.com

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    684

    Default Re: Where To Learn Spanish?

    Actually i am looking at learning Spain's Spanish. Heard that they can both be very different, just like cantonese spoken by Hong Kongers & Singaporeans, but it will not be totally different.

    Effectiveness in the sense that the course is useful and lets you learn how to converse and read/write in the shortest time?

  4. #4
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Where To Learn Spanish?

    Hola, try dora the explorer for really basic Spanish

    but i think that is south American Spanish

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    A village in a forest
    Posts
    1,515

    Default Re: Where To Learn Spanish?

    Can also try Handy Manny

    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    684

    Default Re: Where To Learn Spanish?

    Is Las Lilas a good school? Anyone have any experience there before?

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Land of the woods........
    Posts
    1,360

    Default Re: Where To Learn Spanish?

    How about try Lingo Language School?
    http://www.lingoschool.com/

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Island East
    Posts
    178

    Default Re: Where To Learn Spanish?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhiliang View Post
    Is Las Lilas a good school? Anyone have any experience there before?
    Dealt with them on Spanish translation as recommended by Mexico Embassy but not Spanish class.

    Can try Bridge SA also. Found their charges are more competitive.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    684

    Default Re: Where To Learn Spanish?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ah_Seng View Post
    How about try Lingo Language School?
    http://www.lingoschool.com/
    Hey thanks for the recommendations, i went to check out the website and it appears they divide the courses into basic, intermediate and advanced and each of this 3 stages containing only 22 hours of lesson.

    Have you tried learning from this schoo before? Was your experience there good? And in such a short time, would we come up with anything?

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    684

    Default Re: Where To Learn Spanish?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesf View Post
    Dealt with them on Spanish translation as recommended by Mexico Embassy but not Spanish class.

    Can try Bridge SA also. Found their charges are more competitive.
    Hey hi, thanks for the help. How was the service of Las Lila?

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Land of the woods........
    Posts
    1,360

    Default Re: Where To Learn Spanish?

    Quote Originally Posted by Zhiliang View Post
    Hey thanks for the recommendations, i went to check out the website and it appears they divide the courses into basic, intermediate and advanced and each of this 3 stages containing only 22 hours of lesson.

    Have you tried learning from this schoo before? Was your experience there good? And in such a short time, would we come up with anything?
    Hi Zhiliang,

    very sorry i have no experience with the school. I just happened to know there is one at Bestway building when i went there to eat bak cho mee....You might need to check with them directly.

  12. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    684

    Default Re: Where To Learn Spanish?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ah_Seng View Post
    Hi Zhiliang,

    very sorry i have no experience with the school. I just happened to know there is one at Bestway building when i went there to eat bak cho mee....You might need to check with them directly.
    Thanks Ah Seng, its another avenue for me to explore and the price is more competitive too.

  13. #13
    kettyheloD
    Guests

    Default Re: Where To Learn Spanish?

    I advice you can go to see this spanish translation . And I learn it now. Perhaps we can help you.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •