Thread: Free Gallery/Storage Space Upto 2 GB For All Members & 20GB for Trial Period

Blog Entries

Default Free Gallery/Storage Space Upto 2 GB For All Members & 20GB for Trial Period

Good News To All Clubsnap Members

Nikon Corporation has extended my Picturetown photo storage and sharing service to all users (not only Nikon users) in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. It gives up to 2 GB (& 20GB for the trial period) of Storage Space Free to all users (regardless of brands).

- A quick overview of the service. When the free photo storage and sharing service was launched last year, it was only available to users in Japan and United States. In Asia region, the service was restricted only to Wi-Fi enabled COOLPIX camera users such as S50c and S51c.

But now,
    Nikon Corporation has extended my Picturetown photo storage and sharing service to all users (not only Nikon users) in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia.

Signing up is Free. You will get 2GB of storage space for your photos with your free account. As currently it is in a trial stage, here in Singapore, you can use up to 20 GB of storage space free-of-charge when you upgrade to the Gold Account (fee-based service). The date for transitioning into a fee-based service has yet to be determined.

*Main features of the my Picturetown (http://mypicturetown.com)*

• Easy Uploading and Organisation
    Batches of photos (even from other cameras) can be uploaded using the ‘Quick Upload’ tool. Once uploaded, photos can be easily organized through a drag-and-drop interface. As the photos are not compressed when they are uploaded, the photos are stored and viewed without losing the inherent photo quality captured at the time of shooting.
    • Supports RAW (NEF) files
    RAW (NEF) files can be uploaded and are viewable as JPEGs.
    • Facilitates Easy Search
    Photos can be tag and rated for easy retrieval. Using a calendar, searches can be further refined by the date of shooting or the date of upload.
    • Wi-Fi upload
    Nikon Wi-Fi camera users can upload photos directly to my Picturetown using Wi-Fi connections without the need of a computer.
    • Slideshows with background music
    A full-screen slideshow option is available for viewing photos with up to 25 choices of background music.
    • Post to blogs and Social Network Services
    URLs of photos can be directly posted to blogs and SNS.
    Unlike most photos storage and sharing site, the uploaded photos are private and are not for public viewing. Photos will be shared with your family and friends for viewing only when you notify them with emails sent directly from my Picturetown. When the photos are shared, it also allows your family and friends to download the photos in its original high resolution.

So take advantage of this FREE offer and sign up now

If you have any opinion or alternate view of this offer, please PM me and keep this open for any questions on technical aspect so that the more technically inclined members can help to answer.

Thanks

Blog Entries

Default Re: Free Gallery/Storage Space Upto 2 GB For All Members & 20GB for Trial Period

Please note that it is for all members in Singapore, Hong Kong and Australia. This is regardless of Camera brands, make or model