Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The new gantries will operate from 3 November 2008

Default The new gantries will operate from 3 November 2008

Source:

November 2008 - Operation of 6 new gantries on arterial roads and expressways

13. Based on the new ERP criteria (i.e. 85th percentile speed measurement method), traffic speeds at 6 locations on arterial roads and expressways have fallen below the optimal speed range, and ERP is needed to manage the congestion that is building up at these areas. The new gantries will operate from 3 November 2008 onwards, and they are as shown below. Please refer to Annex D for the location of the 6 new gantries.

a. 3 new gantries on roads along the Outer Cordon in the morning. LTA will be installing new gantries at the following 3 locations along the Outer Cordon to address the congestion on these roads, namely (i) Commonwealth Avenue; (ii) Jalan Bukit Merah; and (iii) Alexandra Road.

b. 2 new gantries on expressways in the morning. One gantry is along AYE (westbound), near Alexandra Road, and the other is along PIE (westbound), near Eunos.

c. New gantry on Serangoon Road in the evening. To address the congestion on Serangoon Road during the evening peak hours, LTA will be installing a gantry there.

14. The operation hours and ERP rates at each of the 6 gantries above will be determined and announced closer to their implementation in November 2008. [Please refer to Annex E for a map showing the location of the Outer Cordon.]

Map of new grantries
    #Captured Moments# @ Flickr
    D80|18-135mm|70-300mmVR|SB-800

vince123123
    Guests

Default Re: The new gantries will operate from 3 November 2008

Learnt something new - they count speeds to include traffic light waiting lol.

So its nice PR to say "speeds are slow, only 20km/h", but actually a significant amt is spent at traffic lights, which ERP does not affect.

Look at the location of the ERP, I would say that some of the latest addition is a result of the current ERP forcing more drivers to go by alternative routes and in the end caused jams on these alternative routes.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Look at the location of the ERP, I would say that some of the latest addition is a result of the current ERP forcing more drivers to go by alternative routes and in the end caused jams on these alternative routes.
    Yes. You confirmed RIGHT!
    This will give them more reason to ERECT more gantries on those alternative routes which chooses by those bo-chiam drivers...
    #Captured Moments# @ Flickr
    D80|18-135mm|70-300mmVR|SB-800

i wonder when will this end and lead to...

when is next GE!!

Quote Originally Posted by eagletay View Post
    Yes. You confirmed RIGHT!
    This will give them more reason to ERECT more gantries on those alternative routes which chooses by those bo-chiam drivers...
    Yeah, basically is to force everyone to pay lah haha
    ;) L-plate Photog: I come, I see, I shoot

Quote Originally Posted by eagletay View Post
    Source:

November 2008 - Operation of 6 new gantries on arterial roads and expressways

13. Based on the new ERP criteria (i.e. 85th percentile speed measurement method), traffic speeds at 6 locations on arterial roads and expressways have fallen below the optimal speed range, and ERP is needed to manage the congestion that is building up at these areas. The new gantries will operate from 3 November 2008 onwards, and they are as shown below. Please refer to Annex D for the location of the 6 new gantries.

a. 3 new gantries on roads along the Outer Cordon in the morning. LTA will be installing new gantries at the following 3 locations along the Outer Cordon to address the congestion on these roads, namely (i) Commonwealth Avenue; (ii) Jalan Bukit Merah; and (iii) Alexandra Road.

b. 2 new gantries on expressways in the morning. One gantry is along AYE (westbound), near Alexandra Road, and the other is along PIE (westbound), near Eunos.

c. New gantry on Serangoon Road in the evening. To address the congestion on Serangoon Road during the evening peak hours, LTA will be installing a gantry there.

14. The operation hours and ERP rates at each of the 6 gantries above will be determined and announced closer to their implementation in November 2008. [Please refer to Annex E for a map showing the location of the Outer Cordon.]

Map of new grantries
    finally... the west area is ERP-ed.

I love the idea, i wonder who's brain child is this? Endless cash flow, good business monopoly model. I can't wait for them to announce the revenues yearly, i hope they can list in the SGX, i sure to buy thier shares. . . . .
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

Time to buy a helicopter....direct to city no jams, arrive in style.
    HX300/ EPL6/ EOS60D/ 17-55mmF2.8IS/ 100mmF2.8Macro/ 135mmF2L/ 70-200mmF4LIS/ 300mmF4LIS

Quote Originally Posted by HydroPoP View Post
    Time to buy a helicopter....direct to city no jams, arrive in style.
    They are gg to charge u super ex for parking ur helicopter also... haha
    ;) L-plate Photog: I come, I see, I shoot

Quote Originally Posted by di0nysus View Post
    i wonder when will this end and lead to...

when is next GE!!
    a gantry outside every home!

Told you all, spread the news, vote wisely. This will never end.

Quote Originally Posted by Parchiao View Post
    Told you all, spread the news, vote wisely. This will never end.
    No use one..
    Wait till the day EPR is just outside your car park.

Remember,, the 3/4 tank rule is to curb congestion...LTA say one.

Think the topic is not properly thought out. It should be: The new gantries will start collecting your money from 3 November 2008 :P

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Think the topic is not properly thought out. It should be: The new gantries will start collecting your money from 3 November 2008 :P
    When too many people can't drive, they will increae the car park fee due to shortages of car lot.

But again, this case unlikely to happen.
    They are just playing the balancing game, increase to the point where the cost of "drop out" = to the cost of price increase.

oh.. nov? that means its around the start of the holidays. then they wil claim the ERP have helped lowered the amount of traffic coming in and out of town.
    what a great time to start the ERP. why not do it in sep. then we can really see if it really works.

Oh yah it will work, but only for the first week. After that it will be back to normal and they will increase the ERP again and again and again.
    40 km to 1 litre :p

ERP= Every Road Pay

which is pretty true. from AMK to bukit timah travelling along CTE. you'll at least pay ERP twice during peak hours.

petrol prices increasing retardedly insanely. everyone should just travel on bicycles man
    "We will see Him, coming down the clouds from heaven... In Majesty"

Quote Originally Posted by pplneedthelord View Post
    ERP= Every Road Pay

which is pretty true. from AMK to bukit timah travelling along CTE. you'll at least pay ERP twice during peak hours.

petrol prices increasing retardedly insanely. everyone should just travel on bicycles man
    if more and more pple start using bicycles.. i guess bicycles will be ERP-ed as well.

luckily i dont plan to own a car. public transport all the way
    see my portfolio, for your comments.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast