Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Orlando themeparks holiday, any tour agency?

  1. #21
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: Orlando themeparks holiday, any tour agency?

    Quote Originally Posted by clicknick View Post
    Hi Big Kahuna,

    That must be a very enjoyable trip.

    please share your experiences with us, like where you stay, your local transportation, airport transfer, places to go to for shopping/meals, etc, and anything else you can remember. Thanks very much.
    Thanks, it was definately enjoyable but also a super tiring one...imagine we cheong 4 theme Parks in 5 days(the fifth day was a check out date)....perpetually gone out at 9~10am and returned at at least 10pm and someday 1am~2am.

    I stayed in The Warlt Disney Swan for 4 nights. I got a very good deal through insider. The good thing for staying in Disney hotel is we have the extra magic hour, meaning we can stay on for another 3 hours after the park is officially closed. We can take the opportunity to do all those rides which were not possible to enjoy during the day due to peak US national day weekend.

    http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...ingPage&bhcp=1

    We only purchased two way airport to hotel shuttle (I will check my CC bill tonight on the actual cost)....local shuttle are FOC to all the Disney theme parks.

    Not much shopping there because I have done all in Miami We only bought some sovenior stuffs at downtown Disney.. If you want hardcore shopping, there is a Chelsea Premium outlets near Kissimee area http://www.premiumoutlets.com/ , you will have to book a cab or drive....and at least half a day to spare in the outlet, so think twice before you go

    Meals etc are all settled in the theme park itself, a bit ex but that's the best way to kill some time while waiting for the fast pass rides....also to rest our feet.
    Quote Originally Posted by smalltake View Post
    More importantly, share some photos hor...... cheers!
    At one glance, most of my photos really CMI due to rushing.....I will see if I have time to process a few more reasonable one in the next few days

  2. #22
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: Orlando themeparks holiday, any tour agency?

    Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    I'm surprised to hear scorching hot from someone in Singapore, as it hasn't been over 35 so far this summer, but 37 will be here shortly.

    I hope the local people weren't too rude.
    The summer there is really humid and hot as if the sun hits right directly on you. I really don't know how to put it into words but it's really really hot compared to our weather here. Most likely In Singapore, we hardly go under the sunlight in such an extensive hour, also most places are sheltered or properly air conditioned.

    I am not sure what you mean "the local people weren't too rude", generally I think Americans are pretty Okay, most of the people I met are friendly and helpful, although there were a few close call mainly from the Latinos, they were also soon became okay as I maintain low and took things easy....the good thing about us is we can just pretend we don't understand if we don't quite like what we heard

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: Orlando themeparks holiday, any tour agency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    The summer there is really humid and hot as if the sun hits right directly on you. I really don't know how to put it into words but it's really really hot compared to our weather here. Most likely In Singapore, we hardly go under the sunlight in such an extensive hour, also most places are sheltered or properly air conditioned.

    I am not sure what you mean "the local people weren't too rude", generally I think Americans are pretty Okay, most of the people I met are friendly and helpful, although there were a few close call mainly from the Latinos, they were also soon became okay as I maintain low and took things easy....the good thing about us is we can just pretend we don't understand if we don't quite like what we heard
    There are more things to see and it's a large area and the traffic makes things slower, so you spend more time in the sun and since Floriduh is near the equator, the sun seems more intense.

    I've been here off and on since 1997 and I haven't used air con the last 3 summers, but it doesn't really feel any worse to me than Japan in July and August. You see people fall over there.

    I find the people here more rude than most of the country and a lot of people show their worst sides at the theme parks. There was some violent incident recently because someone pushed their way in line. I shouldn't be, but I'm always shocked at what people will do.

    It's good that you found it enjoyable, though.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Orlando themeparks holiday, any tour agency?

    By the way,which airlines fly the shortest time to Orlando? Apparently Florida is not that popular so there's no direct flight from Singapore compared to LA and NY
    Canon EOS 30D , EF 17-40mm F4L USM , EF-S 55-250mm F/4-5.6 IS

  5. #25
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: Orlando themeparks holiday, any tour agency?

    Quote Originally Posted by eosdigital View Post
    By the way,which airlines fly the shortest time to Orlando? Apparently Florida is not that popular so there's no direct flight from Singapore compared to LA and NY
    Never really compared, anyhow my trip was multi-hop and I flew NWA, at the end of the trip, I clocked enought frequent flyer miles for a free Asian route which I intent to use it for my Tokyo trip next year. Not a bad discount considering I paid $2k+ nia(b4 the fuel surcharge increase in Jun) for my ticket

  6. #26
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: Orlando themeparks holiday, any tour agency?

    Quote Originally Posted by bousozoku View Post
    There are more things to see and it's a large area and the traffic makes things slower, so you spend more time in the sun and since Floriduh is near the equator, the sun seems more intense.

    I've been here off and on since 1997 and I haven't used air con the last 3 summers, but it doesn't really feel any worse to me than Japan in July and August. You see people fall over there.

    I find the people here more rude than most of the country and a lot of people show their worst sides at the theme parks. There was some violent incident recently because someone pushed their way in line. I shouldn't be, but I'm always shocked at what people will do.

    It's good that you found it enjoyable, though.
    One more thing the day time is so much longer during summer in US, that might contribute to longer exposure of the UV or Infra or whatever ray that caused all the sun burn.

    You could be right on the pushing in theme park though, the crowd were really overwhelming during my stay, but we can still somewhat tolerate probably we get use to it in our daily morning rush to office here....however there were groups after groups of students from South American probably still in their school holiday and they are really enegetic(playing, jumping), noisy (talking, laughing, singing non stop while in the line) and very wild (screaming and screaming in whatever ride they were in like being possessed for no particular reason--even in "It's small world" ) But after linking that to their hot thong bikini in Rio and samba soccer, we though that was their style so we just laugh it off

  7. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    1,644

    Default Re: Orlando themeparks holiday, any tour agency?

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    One more thing the day time is so much longer during summer in US, that might contribute to longer exposure of the UV or Infra or whatever ray that caused all the sun burn.

    You could be right on the pushing in theme park though, the crowd were really overwhelming during my stay, but we can still somewhat tolerate probably we get use to it in our daily morning rush to office here....however there were groups after groups of students from South American probably still in their school holiday and they are really enegetic(playing, jumping), noisy (talking, laughing, singing non stop while in the line) and very wild (screaming and screaming in whatever ride they were in like being possessed for no particular reason--even in "It's small world" ) But after linking that to their hot thong bikini in Rio and samba soccer, we though that was their style so we just laugh it off
    Oh, yes, the Brazilians. I met several groups at the malls in the last two weeks. I think their life in Brazil must be very different than anywhere else on the planet or it's just that they're away from their parents' eyes. However, they're not really a problem. It's the American adults that really worry me.

    UV rays are the problem and even some sunscreen/sunblock doesn't address both UVA and UVB rays, nor do some sunglasses.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •