Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orlando themeparks holiday, any tour agency?

Default Orlando themeparks holiday, any tour agency?

Hi,
    anybody been to Orlando themeparks for a holiday before can share their experience and also logistics on how to get there and around?

Know any Singapore tour agency offering tour packages to Walt Disney World and the other themeparks in Orlando?

Thanks

vince123123
    Guests

Default Re: Orlando themeparks holiday, any tour agency?

Better go to on your own :P Tour Agencies are a load of trouble.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clicknick View Post
    Hi,
    anybody been to Orlando themeparks for a holiday before can share their experience and also logistics on how to get there and around?

Know any Singapore tour agency offering tour packages to Walt Disney World and the other themeparks in Orlando?

Thanks
    I am going to Orlando for holiday in Sept 08! When do you intend to go? Unfortunately, I am using a UK-based agency through their website, as I am in the UK. My in-laws are joining me from Singapore, but need to get air tickets to fly to US to meet us. The package is a 14 night stay (3 in New York, 11 in Orlando) free and easy with vehicle and house for the duration of the stay. Works out to be quite alright in costs. Don't know how the trip will turn out though.
    "Photography is an austere and blazing poetry of the real" -Ansel Adams

I will be there from 1st July to 5th July

DIY package....Seriously you don't need a tour agent to move around Orlando...all hotel will provide shuttle to the main attractions
    Last edited by Big Kahuna; 18th June 2008 at 01:26 PM.

Biggest suggestion...

You better rent a car.

If you choose to wait for the hotel transport, I guarantee you that you will regret it later.

Traffic is a mess, though you can stay at hotels on Disney or Universal property and avoid the traffic. On Disney property, you can stay at one of two hotels that borders on Epcot Center and walk a short distance to enter it.

Seaworld is another matter, as it's a bit further off the main road. They just opened a water park with various water rides to add an additional entrance to the confusion.

No concrete plans yet so no dates at the moment. Just want to find out the best way to arrange for a trip there.

Quote Originally Posted by agape01 View Post
    Biggest suggestion...

You better rent a car.

If you choose to wait for the hotel transport, I guarantee you that you will regret it later.
    Renting is one thing, driving direction is another thing, don't forget the parking fees is high in main attractions....besides left hand drive is also not funny...so I rather play it safe.

In fact I find it not too bad if plan ahead and check the schedule properly(this is my second time to Mickey world actually ). But of coz each person expectation is different, for bigger group, renting a car is probably more efficient and cost effective
    Last edited by Big Kahuna; 18th June 2008 at 10:14 PM.

No matter what...Most Importantly.... TAKE MANY MANY PHOTO and show us @ CS

Like to go too, but $$$ not enough

How est $$$ per pax?
    #Captured Moments# @ Flickr
    D80|18-135mm|70-300mmVR|SB-800

The only way to avoid theme park parking is to park in the disney hotels and tell them that you're eating lunch or something.

Then you take the bus to whatever theme park you're going.

orlando? just grab a car from one of the rental agencies at the airport (you can book online first) and buy a road map from a gas station and you are ready to go!

if you're going universal studios/disney world orlando, with a vehicle there's a few motels like super 8, rodeway (no wireless the last time i was there), and many more where you can stay at.
    chezburgr i can haz?

Thanks all for sharing

Talking Re: Orlando themeparks holiday, any tour agency?

you can get a motel there for quite a decent price (and they serve breakfast every morning) and some really near to disneyland or universal studio, 15 - 30 minutes drive. There are some small themeparks there u can visit too. Dont take the tour agency.. its cheap because its the time is on their hands and not yours.

Grab a car, make sure has GPS. Left hand drive aint that bad. U are insured and make sure u do the third party insurance, that everything is fine.
    I either go to www.dollar.com or http://cars-for-less-car-rent.com/ca...-car-rent.html if they have any cars available in the city i want to go.

Hotel wise, make sure they have shuttle, save yourself trouble in the car park. Most do.

I usually go with shuttle and car. Car for flexibility. Shuttle for the themeparks.

USD exchange rate is low. Go and have fun =)
    DIY way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mortichro View Post
    you can get a motel there for quite a decent price (and they serve breakfast every morning) and some really near to disneyland or universal studio, 15 - 30 minutes drive. There are some small themeparks there u can visit too. Dont take the tour agency.. its cheap because its the time is on their hands and not yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by pixie View Post
    Grab a car, make sure has GPS. Left hand drive aint that bad. U are insured and make sure u do the third party insurance, that everything is fine.
    I either go to www.dollar.com or http://cars-for-less-car-rent.com/ca...-car-rent.html if they have any cars available in the city i want to go.

Hotel wise, make sure they have shuttle, save yourself trouble in the car park. Most do.

I usually go with shuttle and car. Car for flexibility. Shuttle for the themeparks.

USD exchange rate is low. Go and have fun =)
    DIY way to go.

Thanks for the tips

I came back liao...the weather was scotching hot....remember to drink a lots of water and apply sun tan lotion

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    I came back liao...the weather was scotching hot....remember to drink a lots of water and apply sun tan lotion
    Hi Big Kahuna,

That must be a very enjoyable trip.

please share your experiences with us, like where you stay, your local transportation, airport transfer, places to go to for shopping/meals, etc, and anything else you can remember. Thanks very much.

More importantly, share some photos hor...... cheers!
    D300|35mm f/2|85mm f/1.4|18-200 mm VR|17-55mm f/2.8 |70-300 F4-5.6|Tok 11-16 f/2.8|SB800|MB-D10|

I'm surprised to hear scorching hot from someone in Singapore, as it hasn't been over 35 so far this summer, but 37 will be here shortly.

I hope the local people weren't too rude.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast