Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Online Photo Competition: The Rice Project

Default Re: Online Photo Competition: The Rice Project

Quote Originally Posted by tSkye View Post
    That's just my feeling. My friend got chosen after the initial winner couldn't go.

Perhaps they genuinely have something suddenly popping up, but the sadness was the first emotion that comes to me.
    which one is your friend's entry?

Quote Originally Posted by zoossh View Post
    which one is your friend's entry?
    Entry 143.
    And another friend I know 128 has won it as well.
    So they are 2 of the 6 who are going.

hmm...looking at entries..understand liao ..both Canon Users get selected, even it is a 26-votes...
    Last edited by LOTUSfairy; 19th July 2008 at 07:20 AM.

128 is very nice

Quote Originally Posted by LOTUSfairy View Post
    hmm...looking at entries..understand liao ..both Canon Users get selected, even it is a 26-votes...
    it is a 30% voting, followed by 70% judging. so if the judges feel that your voting are amazing but the images arent, you still dont stand a chance.

this is unlike SYPA, where the judges give their 60% first, then it's open to the public for the following 40% voting. that's where the difference lies.

i know one of the judges... it doesnt mean ur canon user u get slected. Im also a canon user. and i didn't got in too. they judge based on both the photos and essay.

Quote Originally Posted by bobdoom View Post
    i know one of the judges... it doesnt mean ur canon user u get slected. Im also a canon user. and i didn't got in too. they judge based on both the photos and essay.
    I think what lotus meant is that the winner are all Canon user? (just pure speculation) But not all canon user will win cos there is only 6 slots.

I think lotus really wanted to go for the trip but was disappointed becos she didn't get in despite her much higher votes.

Lotus: see it this way..
    Say you have 100 votes but winner (128, assuming he really win) got 26 votes.
    Voting is 30%.

Total population in Singapore = 35,831,000 @ 2007 (source:http://www.singstat.gov.sg/stats/the...hist/popn.html)

26/35,831,000 * 30= 0.0000217689 / 100
    100/35,831,000 * 30 = 0.0000837264 / 100

So even if you have 100 votes, technically you are only 0.0000619575 points ahead of him.

it is a 30% voting, followed by 70% judging. so if the judges feel that your voting are amazing but the images arent, you still dont stand a chance.

this is unlike SYPA, where the judges give their 60% first, then it's open to the public for the following 40% voting. that's where the difference lies.
    I believe the fairness in this contest. Let's just wait to see the winning entries. I believe there sure some substances in it.

It could be just coincidence that all are canon users, need not be so paranoid about it. Just look at the Canon Marathon where is an big event, the winners also only canon user? Dont think so.

Let's have some faith and supports for those who make the efforts for these events, where let us enjoy the whole process of taking part of it. It seem the results are out by what you all been discussing. I am not one of the winner but i am very happy with my story for the entry

CHeers
    Dreams at Photoaid! Contact me, pls!

a statement can literally bring everybody comes out with their views...
    amazing...

Quote Originally Posted by binbeto View Post
    I think what lotus meant is that the winner are all Canon user? (just pure speculation) But not all canon user will win cos there is only 6 slots.

I think lotus really wanted to go for the trip but was disappointed becos she didn't get in despite her much higher votes.

Lotus: see it this way..
    Say you have 100 votes but winner (128, assuming he really win) got 26 votes.
    Voting is 30%.

Total population in Singapore = 35,831,000 @ 2007 (source:http://www.singstat.gov.sg/stats/the...hist/popn.html)

26/35,831,000 * 30= 0.0000217689 / 100
    100/35,831,000 * 30 = 0.0000837264 / 100

So even if you have 100 votes, technically you are only 0.0000619575 points ahead of him.

yo bibento...able to go is a plus (hopeful).. cannot go, its alright.. anyway, after i sent it, i was called for duty during that week (i was kindda worried cannot apply leaves), anyway, how could u assume on my behalf that i am disappointed?

btw, how u get the whole singapore to read thericeproject website one meh???

Honestly, i was analysing...not speculating..
    cos i saw (the day before) past winning photos are up for voting etc.. just curious that's all..
    so i pop in a statement and expect u guys to reply.. .....now..look deeper..

(no.128 is clean..no worries).
    Last edited by LOTUSfairy; 19th July 2008 at 07:29 PM.

a statement can literally bring everybody comes out with their views...
    amazing...
    well, the facts are there. voting first before judging, so it is definitely fair on the side of the side of the judges, it doesnt mean u have many votes, u will win. it also doesn't mean u're canon, u will win. granted, one of the 3 judges is from canon, but even in the canon photomarathon, there are several winners not using canon. it's just the high % of the population in the online community that are using canon (50%, based on photo.net) that this issue comes about.

well, the facts are there. voting first before judging, so it is definitely fair on the side of the side of the judges, it doesnt mean u have many votes, u will win. it also doesn't mean u're canon, u will win. granted, one of the 3 judges is from canon, but even in the canon photomarathon, there are several winners not using canon. it's just the high % of the population in the online community that are using canon (50%, based on photo.net) that this issue comes about.
    hey..the 2 friends u mention are canon users...and it's amazing she won on 26 votes...not bad wat..
    why are u keep repeating that someone have high votes do not win...? and still talking brand diff?
    Last edited by LOTUSfairy; 19th July 2008 at 07:08 PM.

btw, thanks for the facts... sure that the rest are reading this too...

That's just my feeling. My friend got chosen after the initial winner couldn't go.

Perhaps they genuinely have something suddenly popping up, but the sadness was the first emotion that comes to me.
    I dun agree on your feeling...

The winner may have received recent notification that they may have work/family commitment to be attended during that period. Ricebowl is very important.

Perhaps you didn't get my message. That's why.

Perhaps you didn't get my message. That's why.
    i saw your messages on your announcement of your friends winnings (even before result publshed) and your feeling about winner withdraw (you think that they have no intention why join) and 2xtimes talking about votes nt important/judges decision and branding (indicates your friends winning)..
    Last edited by LOTUSfairy; 19th July 2008 at 08:44 PM.

Perhaps cause it was a response to your and other people's post?

Hmm.

Worth a thought.

PM me if there are any more issues to be said.

Perhaps cause it was a response to your and other people's post?

Hmm.

Worth a thought.

PM me if there are any more issues to be said.

Issues, what issues?
    Well, having these facts written online makes it even clearer for all.
    No PM... cos' discussions should be an open book.

Probably as right as it can be.

Which brings us back to the question of taking part with no intention to fulfill the duty upon being chosen.

As contrasted to the understanding in which I quote, "Perhaps they genuinely have something suddenly popping up, but the sadness was the first emotion that comes to me."

Edit: Oh wait, or should that be created in another thread to prevent OT?
    Last edited by tSkye; 19th July 2008 at 09:08 PM.

Probably as right as it can be.

Which brings us back to the question of taking part with no intention to fulfill the duty upon being chosen.

As contrasted to the understanding in which I quote, "Perhaps they genuinely have something suddenly popping up, but the sadness was the first emotion that comes to me."

Edit: Oh wait, or should that be created in another thread to prevent OT?
    oki... your "perhaps", perhaps dun sound so convincing lor
    anyway, nice discussing the matters with you...end of discussion.
    Last edited by LOTUSfairy; 19th July 2008 at 09:16 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast