Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2136414445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! Season 24! You'll Never Walk Alone! - Xpert 11 in here too!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! Season 24! You'll Never Walk Alone! - Xpert 11 in here t

Wah, finally a win after so many defeats. Guess my new all black strips works
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! Season 24! You'll Never Walk Alone! - Xpert 11 in here t

CARSON IN STOKE TALKS

Liverpool goalkeeper Scott Carson could become Stoke's first summer signing after travelling to the Britannia for talks over a 4million move.

Tony Pulis is hoping to complete "one or two" transfers before taking his squad to Austria this weekend and Carson could be the first new arrival.

The Potters face competition from fellow Premier League new boys West Brom, who have also agreed a fee with Liverpool, and the Sunday Mercury claims the 22-year-old would favour a move to The Hawthorns.

However, Stoke will hope that Carson's decision to hold talks with them first means he actually wants to make the shorter trip down the M6 to North Staffordshire.

The fee for the England international is believed to be an initial 3million plus a further 1million in add-ons - some 6million less than the figure Aston Villa were quoted for him 12 months ago.

An inconsistent season for Martin O'Neill's men, a high-profile clanger in England's clash with Croatia, and Liverpool's desperation to raise some cash has seen the Anfield outfit drastically alter their valuation of Carson.

He is now expected to join either Stoke or West Brom in the next week, although there has also been reported interest from Hull and Middlesbrough.

4m GBP oni!!! oh no!!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    but ur team overall quite young mah

mux b ur tactics

u mux haf chose pressing.
    this MF + F is the oldest on the average i fielded! ya should not have choose pressing old man not enough stamina puncture in the 2nd half!

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm View Post
    Wah, finally a win after so many defeats. Guess my new all black strips works

Me also won, so happy!

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    this MF + F is the oldest on the average i fielded! ya should not have choose pressing old man not enough stamina puncture in the 2nd half!
    ya i learnt my lesson. so far so good. 2 games 2 win. old men cannot press n run too much!

Quote Originally Posted by grumpy View Post
    Me also won, so happy!
    waaaaaaaa all win.

waaaaaaaa all win.
    waaa yeah i win mentally. Hahaha 1 goal down n 1 man down. No prob for me.

waseh!!

i managed to beat the tranny utd! so tyko!
    u injuried my GK.......

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81 View Post
    u injuried my GK.......
    u injured my star midfielder!

Hyypia welcomes back rival defender Agger

Liverpool veteran Sami Hyypia has welcomed back young rival Daniel Agger from his 10-month injury nightmare and vowed to fight for his first team place.

Hyypia, 35 in October, has a new one-year contract and the chance to complete a remarkable 10 years at Anfield in style before considering his future options.

And the big Finnish defender figured in over 44 matches for the club last season when 23-year-old Agger was out with a metatarsal injury.

But although Agger made his comeback in Saturday's 1-0 friendly win at Tranmere, and would expect to become first-choice as the season progresses, Hyypia has promised the young Dane that he will be battling to keep his place in the team.

He said: 'It's nice to have him fit because players always want to play and it will have been hard for Daniel to deal with not being fit for so long.

'It must have been devastating for him to be out for almost a whole season.

'It is not something I would really know about because I have never suffered that kind of thing but I'm sure it was very difficult for him.

'But I am really glad that he is back and he can help the team to win trophies.

'I am sure the manager is happy because it means he has five centre-backs to choose from now.

'That means we all have to fight for our place but that is the way it has always been at Liverpool and this season will be no different.

'It is good to have that kind of challenge, though. I will be fighting for my place and I am sure the other defenders will be doing exactly the same.'

And Brazilian full-back Fabio Aurelio underlines the strong competition there will be in Liverpool's defence now that boss Rafael Benitez has brought in two new full-backs, Philipp Degen and Andrea Dossena.

Both made their debuts at Tranmere, and Aurelio told liverpoolfc.tv: 'At a club like Liverpool there is always massive competition to get into the starting XI because of the players we have for each position, but that is good and it can only improve the team.

'We are trying to fight for every title and we have more possibilities this season.'

Keeper Carson all set to join Stoke City

Stoke are close to making Liverpool goalkeeper Scott Carson their first summer signing.

PA Sport understands the clubs have agreed a fee for the England international of around 4million, with Carson set to discuss personal terms with the Barclays Premier League newcomers.

Carson, 22, spent the whole of last season on loan at Aston Villa, who had previously expressed a desire to make the move permanent but were put off by a reported 10million price tag.

It appears Liverpool's decision to slash that valuation has failed to reignite Villa's interest, with manager Martin O'Neill turning his attention to Tottenham's Paul Robinson.

Stoke boss Tony Pulis has yet to bolster his squad for the club's return to the top flight after a 23-year absence, but Carson's signing would smash the Potters' transfer record.

The goalkeeper - who has two senior England caps - joined Liverpool from Leeds in January 2005 but has made just nine first-team appearances for the Reds, spending time on loan at Sheffield Wednesday and Charlton.

Keeper Carson all set to join Stoke City

Stoke are close to making Liverpool goalkeeper Scott Carson their first summer signing.

PA Sport understands the clubs have agreed a fee for the England international of around 4million, with Carson set to discuss personal terms with the Barclays Premier League newcomers.

Carson, 22, spent the whole of last season on loan at Aston Villa, who had previously expressed a desire to make the move permanent but were put off by a reported 10million price tag.

It appears Liverpool's decision to slash that valuation has failed to reignite Villa's interest, with manager Martin O'Neill turning his attention to Tottenham's Paul Robinson.

Stoke boss Tony Pulis has yet to bolster his squad for the club's return to the top flight after a 23-year absence, but Carson's signing would smash the Potters' transfer record.

The goalkeeper - who has two senior England caps - joined Liverpool from Leeds in January 2005 but has made just nine first-team appearances for the Reds, spending time on loan at Sheffield Wednesday and Charlton.
    huge step backwards if you ask me. he's pratically giving the england spot to kirk...break...here...break...there...land.

Quote Originally Posted by jfoo View Post
    huge step backwards if you ask me. he's pratically giving the england spot to kirk...break...here...break...there...land.

wa

stunning news from the board of JAVStars!

Japanese AV Stars FC have been approached by a well known telephone company to advertise their slogan on all the ground's boards. This is one of the league's biggest advertising slogans and earns your club 1 500 000 econ.

Juventus call off Alonso pursuit

Juventus have called off their pursuit of Liverpool midfielder Xabi Alonso after signing Denmark's Christian Poulsen from Sevilla.

Poulsen is the eighth new arrival in Turin during the summer.

And Juve president Giovanni Cobolli Gigli has said he expects that to conclude the club's transfer activity.

"If I have to be honest, unless something extraordinary happens, we can say that we have concluded our transfer activity," said Cobolli Gigli.

Spanish international Alonso had been linked with a move to Juventus all summer, with his departure expected to pave the way for Liverpool to sign Aston Villa captain Gareth Barry as a replacement.

But Cobolli Gigli suggested Danish international Poulsen's arrival would result in Alonso remaining at Anfield.

"I am convinced that we have made a good choice by acquiring Christian Poulsen," he added.

"The signing is not a bet made by [Claudio] Ranieri but rather a tactical decision taken by Juventus, knowing that a powerful attack can only be supported by a strong midfield."

Time for Liverpool to call off the Gareth Barry bid then. Should focus on getting a good 2nd striker to pair with Torres instead.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Barry back in training with Villa

Aston Villa outcast Gareth Barry returns to training tomorrow for the first time since his fall-out with boss Martin O'Neill over the Liverpool transfer saga.

The Midlanders went to the extent of announcing skipper Barry's return in an official statement, saying that the midfielder would be returning to training at the club's Bodymoor Heath HQ.

O'Neill had initially fined Barry a reported two-weeks' wages of 60,000 and banned him from all club premises almost two weeks ago after the player had launched an attack on his manager's handling of the on-going row over his proposed move to Liverpool.

The new twist in the saga throws up interesting situations, with O'Neill confirming this week that Arsenal had asked to be kept informed of developments.

The key is that nobody wants an unfit player on their hands. Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez last week suggested privately that they would not be prepared to pay an 18million transfer fee for a player who had missed a significant part of crucial pre-season training.

Liverpool and Villa are at stalemate over the proposed move, with the Anfield club still to meet O'Neill's demands.

The fitness issue would also concern another prospective buyer, as well as Villa who would also not want a player in their squad patently unfit.

It is believed that Barry has not been doing any significant training on his own.

As the bitter negotiations have continued over the past couple of weeks, it has even been suggested that Liverpool's resolve to continue haggling has decreased.

With the prospective sale of Xabi Alonso for 16m to Juventus now having fallen through - and with the player stating he did not want to leave the club -Liverpool have now turned their attentions to trying to sign Spurs striker Robbie Keane.

And there are certainly sources at Anfield who do not believe Barry is worth 18m or that he is a better player than Alonso.

Benitez said last week: "Xabi wants to stay because he is happy here. I have talked to him, he knows my ideas and he knows why. So we will try to find a solution for him, for us, and the best for the club."

That solution may well end with Alonso staying and Barry not moving to Liverpool.

Despite the Villa man making it plain to O'Neill that he wants to move to Anfield, the Midlanders' boss would surely love to see Barry move to Arsenal - if he is going to leave - rather than Liverpool, considering the months of rancour between the clubs.

Barry now has a choice to make. Does he continue to insist that the move to Liverpool is still his main objective or does he try for a way out of the difficult position he now finds himself in?

Although Villa are playing in the Intertoto Cup on Saturday against Odense, it would seem highly unlikely that O'Neill would want to use the player in the match considering his lack of fitness.

Even if he did make such a decision, it would not cup-tie Barry for either Arsenal or Liverpool. Recent rule changes mean that players cannot be cup-tied from one European tournament to another.

Barry's return to training could even be a prelude to the deal with Liverpool finally going through, with his lack of fitness not allowed to become an issue.

YEAH! no more curry berry!!!

wa

stunning news from the board of JAVStars!

Japanese AV Stars FC have been approached by a well known telephone company to advertise their slogan on all the ground's boards. This is one of the league's biggest advertising slogans and earns your club 1 500 000 econ.

My more stunner:

The superstitious xxxxxx xxxxxxx reads in a horoscope that people in the player's star sign should avoid getting into any conflicts in the near future. Because of this the player is afraid of tackling too hard and becomes a real wimp. The player loses some form.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    My more stunner:

The superstitious xxxxxx xxxxxxx reads in a horoscope that people in the player's star sign should avoid getting into any conflicts in the near future. Because of this the player is afraid of tackling too hard and becomes a real wimp. The player loses some form.

Liverpool ready to meet Tottenham's 20M Keane price
    tribalfooball.com - July 16, 2008

Liverpool are ready to make a 20 million bid for Tottenham striker Robbie Keane.

The Sun says Republic of Ireland international Keane is a life-long Liverpool fan and has made it clear he wants to move to Anfield.

Liverpool would be his sixth club with the Kop's 20m capping a series of multi-million pound moves.

Coventry paid 6m to Wolves for Keane in 1999 and subsequent deals have seen him go to Inter Milan for 13m, Leeds for 12m and then Tottenham for 7m in August 2002.

Keane has scored 107 goals in 254 games for Spurs and bagged 33 goals in 80 Irish appearances.

Kop boss Rafa Benitez believes Keane will provide his side with much-needed pace up front alongside main striker and Spanish hero Fernando Torres.

Page 46 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2136414445464748 ... LastLast