Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 173237404142434447 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! Season 24! You'll Never Walk Alone! - Xpert 11 in here too!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! Season 24! You'll Never Walk Alone! - Xpert 11 in here t

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    No way dun belief in black magic and training is the way to go!

I think goin to send them for training too long never train all slack liao.....must whack them left, right, upside down!
    i spent all my $$ on training....

and some of the bums can tell me OVERTRAINED.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! Season 24! You'll Never Walk Alone! - Xpert 11 in here t

BENITEZ TO GIVE YOUNGSTERS A CHANCE

Rafael Benitez will give his supporting cast the chance to shine on Saturday in Liverpool's first pre-season friendly.

They travel across the Mersey to face neighbours Tranmere in a 15,000 sell-out match at Prenton Park.

Benitez cannot call on his Spanish contingent of Fernando Torres, Jose Reina, Xabi Alonso and Alvaro Arbeloa who are all still on holiday after their Euro 2008 triumph.

And skipper Steven Gerrard has only just returned to training after being given an extended break following his summer matches with England.

Benitez is likely to give debuts to new signings Philipp Degen and Andrea Dossena, who were only unveiled at Anfield on Thursday.

He said: "We will field the players we have been working with this week, their commitment has been fantastic."

Benitez is expected to also use Jamie Carragher and Martin Skrtel during the match, with the likelihood of a different eleven playing in each half.

Benitez added: "Our aim is to bring through young players and that can save us money, money that we can eventually spend on big names.

"We have a fantastic group of young players, in the future they will save us money. At the moment we have to still buy big names and the only way to do that is to sell players."

Liverpool will leave for their Swiss training camp on Sunday, and they will play games against Lucern on Wednesday and Wisla Krakow next Saturday.

They will also travel to face Hertha Berlin on July 22 before returning to the UK to face Rangers in Glasgow on August 2.

CARSON CLOSE TO ANFIELD EXIT

Scott Carson appears to be on the way out of Anfield, as Liverpool completed the signing of Brazilian keeper Diego Cavalieri.

The Liverpool Echo reports that two bids from unnamed Premier League clubs are on the table for the England keeper, who spent last season on loan at Aston Villa.

However, Villa are not thought to be one of the interested parties, after Carson's performances dipped significantly while at Villa Park last season.

Cavalieri has moved to Anfield from Palmeiras for a fee of around 3million.

Rafa Benitez needs to raise money for the potential signings of Gareth Barry and Robbie Keane, who Benitez confirmed his interest in on Thursday.

"Keane is clearly a player that has game intelligence," said Benitez. "We're looking for players with the right quality and I think we'll find some in the next few days, although not necessarily the names that everybody knows."

Liverpool raised a significant portion of the required cash after Peter Crouch completed his move to Portsmouth, worth a reported 11million.

CROUCH UNVEILED BY POMPEY

* pls buang there against us like we all know u can. *

Peter Crouch has denied taking a step down in his career after leaving Champions League regulars Liverpool to complete his 11 million transfer to Portsmouth.

Crouch, 27, has agreed a four-year deal at Fratton Park after three years at Liverpool where, despite winning the adulation of the Anfield faithful, he never found himself at the forefront of Rafael Benitez's long-term plans.

Despite turning his back on the Reds and Champions League football, the England striker believes he is joining a club very much on the up and one who will see the best of his abilities.

Crouch, who left Pompey to move to Aston Villa in 2002, said: "It is fantastic to be back, the club is going places and I have worked here before and the manager always gets the best out of me.

"I feel I have got the best years of my career to come and it will be at Portsmouth," he said.

"I have left a great club but this club is going where it can be.

"I had a fantastic three years at Liverpool and I would not change it for the world. I am privileged to have played for such a top club.

"Towards the end I did not get as many games as I would have liked but I will only take good memories away.

"In no way am I stepping down, I feel I am joining a club that is going places with a new stadium, a new training ground and some very good players."

Crouch will probably start the season alongside Jermain Defoe in an imposing new-look Pompey attack which will be one of the few all-English striking duos in the Premier League.

A blossoming partnership at Fratton Park could give Fabio Capello food for thought ahead of the 2010 World Cup qualifiers.

Crouch said: "I have played with Jermain a few times at under-21 and international level and we have got a good record together.

"We know each other's games inside out and if we play together we will click straight away.

"We have got a few England players in the side and it is good to have international players playing regularly together.

"But there is no guarantee and I have to earn my place, but it is something I look forward to.

"We have got a good side now and Harry Redknapp has faith in me."

Delighted Pompey boss Redknapp added: "They (Crouch and Defoe) finished up playing in the last international and it is a good prospect, having a big 'un and little 'un.

"I am delighted to have him back here because I think he is a terrific player. I never expected to see him back again.

"People always talk about him being tall but he has got great feet - you only have to see some of the goals he scored last season.

"He is not in the England squad for nothing. He went to Liverpool and did well and established himself in the England team and proved he is a top player."

Crouch left Pompey in March 2002 after scoring 19 goals in 39 games when they were a struggling second tier outfit with little obvious chance of achieving top-flight status.

His 5million departure helped fund the following season's promotion to the Premier League and since then they have gone from strength to strength, culminating in last season's FA Cup win.

Crouch, who also played under Redknapp for Southampton in 2004/05, continued: "They have built a good side and there have been big changes, the club is unrecognisable from the last time I was here. It is a very strong side and we can compete against anyone.

"Walking through the doors brought back a lot of great memories but as a side and a squad it has certainly improved and we have got a chance to progress even more."

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    i spent all my $$ on training....

and some of the bums can tell me OVERTRAINED.

Trust me in the transfer market, urges Rafa

Rafael Benitez has called for Liverpool fans to 'trust him' as he works in the transfer market to improve the Anfield squad.

Liverpool are also toiling to conclude the frustrating, summer-long transfer saga over Gareth Barry's arrival at the club but there is now no chance that the midfielder will be signed in time for the club's first pre-season friendly.

Liverpool face Tranmere in front of a 15,000 sell-out crowd at Prenton Park on Saturday before heading off to their Swiss training camp and three more friendlies while they are there.

Benitez's fear now is that Barry - banned from Aston Villa's training ground - could miss as much as two weeks of vital pre-season training.

That situation could even cause them to doubt further the size of the transfer fee for the England midfielder.

And that would underline further Benitez's cash-flow problems.

He said: 'We know the situation regarding what we can spend, and we are trying to find solutions if we do not have enough money.

'And we will still try to sign players that will make us better. But if you do not have too much money, and that is clear, we will have to have a little bit of imagination to progress in the market.

'Everyone knows what our ideas are and what players we want. We are working hard with different names now.

'We know we will have to sell some players if we want some cash. So we have to do that.

'Our aim is to bring through young players and that can save us money, money that we can spend on big names.

'We have a fantastic group of young players, in the future they will save us money. At the moment we have to still by big names and the only way to do that is to sell players.

'The fans must trust us, we are working hard during the summer with a lot of people in different countries working for us.'

Benitez claimed he does not have to sell Xabi Alonso to finance the Barry deal, and will have one or two new strikers in before the season starts.

David Villa looks out of the club's current price range, but Benitez has admitted there has been contact with Tottenham over Robbie Keane.

'Villa is one of the players on our list, but at this moment I do not see it being an option for us.

'Keane is also one of the names we are interested in, and we are still working on other possible situations.

'There has been some contact (over Keane) but we will have to see how things progress.'

The Spaniard has raised 15m from the sales of Peter Crouch and John Arne Riise, and has brought in defenders Philipp Degen, Andrea Dossena and goalkeeper Diego Cavalieri.

Benitez hopes that Steven Gerrard, Andriy Voronin, Jamie Carragher and Martin Skrtel will figure at Prenton Park.

classic waste of $$ i tell u.

now i no $$ to send them for training even if i want to!

like dat can reverse training order?

like dat can reverse training order?
    haha once u spend, there no return.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    haha once u spend, there no return.
    Sianz .... Haiz... nvm for my team till now training still got abit of effect!

Sianz .... Haiz... nvm for my team till now training still got abit of effect!
    train at the right time will be best.

train at the right time will be best.
    Hopefully cos next game against blazer dun wan to get blaze!

Hopefully cos next game against blazer dun wan to get blaze!
    Defend at all cost. keke

Defend at all cost. keke
    Think gona park A380Airbus in front of goal post!

maybe you send them for grand feast of abalone, shark fins, buddha jump over the wall they will play better

Quote Originally Posted by jfoo View Post
    maybe you send them for grand feast of abalone, shark fins, buddha jump over the wall they will play better
    tat one is domino FC the rich towkay team.

mine make do with char kway tiao, hor fan and bah chor mee.

Deregistered

down grade liao.. all change to Mee Pok , Wantan Mee or Laksa.

sorry, me bad.

Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    down grade liao.. all change to Mee Pok , Wantan Mee or Laksa.
    wash down with teh tarik or sugar cane juice.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by jfoo View Post
    wash down with teh tarik or sugar cane juice.
    Sugar Cane with lemon added. More Healthier.

Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 173237404142434447 ... LastLast