Page 39 of 50 FirstFirst ... 14293437383940414449 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! Season 24! You'll Never Walk Alone! - Xpert 11 in here too!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! Season 24! You'll Never Walk Alone! - Xpert 11 in here t

REDS CLOSE ON KEEPER

Liverpool are close to completing a 3million move for Palmeiras keeper Diego Cavalieri.

Sources in Brazil confirm the player completed his medical on Tuesday and a work permit has been acquired.

Cavalieri's agent, Juninho Parmigiani, told Brazilian media: "We will conclude everything soon. He has already had the necessary medical examinations, talked with some of his new team-mates and has been impressed by what Rafael Benitez had to say to him."

Palmeiras' sporting director, Toninho Cecilio, added: "I have spoken and he has completed the examinations and is very happy. There are some clauses still being discussed but nothing that can block the deal."

Liverpool are expecting to recoup some of the fee by selling French keeper Charles Itandje to Galatasaray for 2million. They have already signed full-backs Philipp Degen and Andrea Dossena.

The Brazilian will be the club's number two keeper behind Jose Reina and his signing could signal the end of Scott Carson's Liverpool career.

The England international spent last season on loan with Aston Villa, but Martin O'Neill has been unwilling to meet Liverpool's asking price of around 10million.

Newly promoted Stoke have shown interest, but the fee would be a problem for the Potteries club with Liverpool boss Benitez now believed to be no longer interested in loaning out Carson again.

Benitez needs the money from a sale to help finance his other transfer activity.

The move of Peter Crouch to Portsmouth - for a fee of about 10million - should be confirmed in the next 24 hours.

Benitez's main priority before the squad head to their Swiss training camp on Sunday, is to tie up the deal to bring Gareth Barry to Anfield.

Villa are believed to have said they will accept 17million plus Irish full-back Steve Finnan, who they value at 1million. They also want the fee paid in two instalments, half now and the rest in 12 months.

But the two sides now appear close enough for the saga to be concluded by the weekend.

Benitez, who last night spoke of his appreciation of Crouch's contribution to the club ahead of the completion of his move to Fratton Park, believes the striker's progress on Merseyside has vindicated his 7million purchase from Southampton three years ago.

Benitez told Liverpool's website: "I am proud of the progress he has made. When we brought him here people were talking about the deal, especially because he did not score for several games.

"But he showed his quality, showed he was a good player and a fantastic professional. We know we will miss him but you cannot stop a player who wants to play every week.

"He understands that with Torres here and Gerrard as a second striker, like he was at the end of last season, it will be difficult for him.

"Everything is friendly. I have talked to him and the agents. If he can agree with Portsmouth it will be perfect for everyone.

"People need to understand that we have supported Peter from the day he signed and we offered him a new contract before the summer.

"But I can understand that he wants to play every week, wants to start every game. As a manager you have to understand these situations."
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! Season 24! You'll Never Walk Alone! - Xpert 11 in here t

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    i can't even run lor... i roll.
    Transform and roll along!

Deregistered

Finally, GOOD BYE CROUCHIE.

thanks for the wonderful moments when u trip and fall.

Quote Originally Posted by domdomino View Post
    Finally, GOOD BYE CROUCHIE.

thanks for the wonderful moments when u trip and fall.
    Hope he will more goals for his new club against manyo, arsenal n chelsea. Hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Transform and roll along!
    i m at my best when on top of a slope. i will roll down and crush all the enemies!!!

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    Hope he will more goals for his new club against manyo, arsenal n chelsea. Hehehe
    pls buang against us.

Rafa gives up on Villa but wants Keane

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has ruled out making a move for Spain striker David Villa but said Robbie Keane is still on the Reds' radar. Benitez, who has allowed striker Peter Crouch to join Portsmouth, had been linked with the Valencia player who top-scored at last month's Euro 2008 finals.

'I said the other day that Villa is one of the names we had on our list, but I can say at this moment that it is not an option for us,' Benitez told Liverpool's website. 'We know Villa is a very good player, we know the price and we know the players we have, so when you consider everything we decided he was one of the names but, at this moment, not our target.'

However, Benitez confirmed that a move for Tottenham Hotspur's Ireland striker Robbie Keane was a possibility.

'Keane is one of the other names and OK we are still working with other names. We were in contact and we will see now,' he said.

no $$ no villa. SAD

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez has said he is interested in signing Tottenham striker Robbie Keane but has ruled out a move for Valencia's Spanish striker David Villa. (www.liverpoolfc.tv, 1447 BST

Liverpool are interested in signing Valencia's Spanish international winger David Silva. (The Sun)

Reds manager Rafael Benitez has turned his attention to Silva after baulking at Valencia's 32m valuation of striker David Villa. (The Sun)

Benitez's transfer plans have taken a further knock after Juventus hinted they will not pay 15m for midfielder Xabi Alonso. That could affect Liverpool's chances of raising the cash to sign Aston Villa's Gareth Barry. (The Sun)

Tonight's Big Games

2008-07-11 16:30 Taurean - anyhowwhack fc ---> anyhowwhack buang pls! hehhee
    2008-07-11 16:30 domino f.c - bLaZeR F.C. ---> WA!! DRAW PLS!!!
    2008-07-11 16:30 Chao Ah Beng FC - SlumberPool ---> Fireworks!
    2008-07-11 16:30 UnitedMan FC - grumpy babies ---> new top player for UMFC!
    2008-07-11 16:30 ANG MO KIO Kampong - Japanese AV Stars FC ---> JAVStars to buang!?
    2008-07-11 16:30 The Devils - RedSpot ---> fierce!

Tonight's Big Games

2008-07-11 16:30 ANG MO KIO Kampong - Japanese AV Stars FC ---> JAVStars to buang!?
    Devils rematch with Redspot

Member/Tangshooter

Tonight's Big Games

Buy me to lose..tonite i kelong..field oni kuniangs to play..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Tonight's Big Games

please beat Chao Ah beng!!
    i lend u spanner and hammer!!

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    Buy me to lose..tonite i kelong..field oni kuniangs to play..
    all kuniangs play for domino FC liao leh

Quote Originally Posted by Redsun View Post
    tis one very tough.

Member/Tangshooter

all kuniangs play for domino FC liao leh
    Kuniangs fight kuniangs..see whose kuniangs better..
    This is an electronic post which requires no signature.

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    Kuniangs fight kuniangs..see whose kuniangs better..
    they will close the gate and play ultra defensive leh.

Wah, this one difficult, but at least I have some of my players back after being decimated by injuries and suspension. I'll be using a totally different approach, so let's just see how it works.

I'll be launching my sheeps against the Chao Ah Bengs, so maybe plus your hammer and spanner, can cause a nightmare stampede at their own ground Make sure they get knock out from counting too many sheeps
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

tis one very tough.
    Yea, got to break their defence 1st. SHEEPS STAMPEDE COMING THROUGH!!!!

Liverpool are interested in signing Valencia's Spanish international winger David Silva. (The Sun)
    Silva will be good. But I wonder if Liverpool can afford him also....

Reds manager Rafael Benitez has turned his attention to Silva after baulking at Valencia's 32m valuation of striker David Villa. (The Sun)
    32m!!! That is daylight robbery!! Villa is good, but not THAT good.

Benitez's transfer plans have taken a further knock after Juventus hinted they will not pay 15m for midfielder Xabi Alonso. That could affect Liverpool's chances of raising the cash to sign Aston Villa's Gareth Barry. (The Sun)
    In that case save the money, keep Alonso

my highly hired fengshui master will visiting your game tonight, jinx befall you when he put curse