Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ... 13283336373839404348 ... LastLast

Thread: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! Season 24! You'll Never Walk Alone! - Xpert 11 in here too!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! Season 24! You'll Never Walk Alone! - Xpert 11 in here t

Quote Originally Posted by blazer_workz View Post
    wah sai! Kelong ah?

give points not enuff still want to give goals?
    now i want to score goals oso difficult. can concede goals easily though.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

Default Re: LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB! Season 24! You'll Never Walk Alone! - Xpert 11 in here t

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner_552 View Post
    Man Utd's Ferguson to stun Liverpool with Pako move
    tribalfootball.com - July 08, 2008

Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson could stun bitter rivals Liverpool by making Pako Ayesteran his new assistant manager.

The Telegraph says the former Liverpool coach, now working at Benfica, is in line to succeed Carlos Queiroz once his deal to become Portugal's new coach is closed.

Ferguson is keen to recruit an assistant manager with an established network of continental contacts.
    Cannot la wait he come here n spy how? I tot is old boy Brian Mcclair taking over?

Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake View Post
    i hit them all on training liao.

mux get ONE away win this friday.

2nd half all peng-shan.

tok abt peng-shan, i kena reservist manning from 23rd sept to 30th sept! SO SAD OK!

i next yr celebrate 10yrs of ROD...
    Manning oni ...come la join me in cresendo from 3rd to 25th la... come back then u cont wif ur manning on bo?

Quote Originally Posted by melvin View Post
    Cannot la wait he come here n spy how? I tot is old boy Brian Mcclair taking over?
    brian mcclair is classic.

Manning oni ...come la join me in cresendo from 3rd to 25th la... come back then u cont wif ur manning on bo?
    I ROD for 10yrs liao next yr. i think they need ppl badly during the F1 race, maybe tas y put me on manning.

so sad.

but i love my country and i am a SOLDIER and I'm a MAN!! hehehe

anyone still remember how to sing that NS song...

Purple Light! WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Last edited by Cheesecake; 9th July 2008 at 02:13 PM.

I ORD for 10yrs liao next yr. i think they need ppl badly during the F1 race, maybe tas y put me on manning.

so sad.

brian mcclair is classic.
    yah, old scottish boy.

I ROD for 10yrs liao next yr. i think they need ppl badly during the F1 race, maybe tas y put me on manning.

so sad.

hello pls updated bo ROD liao la... is ORD ... u next yr celebrate 10yrs i next yr celebrate 12yrs and still stuck wif them sad lei...

hello pls updated bo ROD liao la... is ORD ... u next yr celebrate 10yrs i next yr celebrate 12yrs and still stuck wif them sad lei...
    paiseh is 10yrs ROD, not ORD.

i on reserve list leh, maybe they really no ppl to standby during the F1 race tas y got me, tummyman, on the standby.

got terrorist come, i roll over them! hehehe

paiseh is 10yrs ROD, not ORD.

i on reserve list leh, maybe they really no ppl to standby during the F1 race tas y got me, tummyman, on the standby.

got terrorist come, i roll over them! hehehe
    F1 they need ur spare tyre la...

Last time finish NSF is ROD then change to ORD from here u go into reservist. When change ORD that time they term those finish reservist ROD. But now no more ROD change to MR liao! So is ORD cos MR is no more call up be it manning ICT IPPT...
    Last edited by melvin; 9th July 2008 at 03:52 PM.

Deregistered

u go reservist ah?
    No lah, Having Exams.

Quote Originally Posted by Venom81 View Post
    Both of u are still in top 5, still in e running for championship.
    LOL.. dont humble , Your Ahguas are strong.

hehe both of you gona play again very soon
    Yes, a home game.

F1 they need ur spare tyre la...

Last time finish NSF is ROD then change to ORD from here u go into reservist. When change ORD that time they term those finish reservist ROD. But now no more ROD change to MR liao! So is ORD cos MR is no more call up be it manning ICT IPPT...
    wa confused

i never return to army for 9yrs liao.

finally they want to mobilise my spare tyres.

wa confused

they spot u !!!!

wa confused

wah! scary man! you can run but you cannot hide.

Quote Originally Posted by jfoo View Post
    wah! scary man! you can run but you cannot hide.
    i can't even run lor... i roll.

they spot u !!!!
    quite hard to miss me from a mile out leh.

Crouch agrees terms on 11m Pompey deal

Portsmouth are expected to tie up the signing of Peter Crouch from Liverpool in the next two days.

Crouch has agreed personal terms with Portsmouth and the England striker will complete his move to Fratton Park providing his medical results are acceptable.

The 27-year-old will be joining Portsmouth for the second time, having played for the club in the 2001/02 season before joining Aston Villa.

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez admitted he wanted to keep Crouch at Anfield, but the player's desire for regular first-team football persuaded him to seek a summer move.

The deal, worth around 10million, will see Crouch join fellow England international Jermain Defoe at Portsmouth, and they could be a regular partnership next season as boss Harry Redknapp looks to follow up the club's FA Cup triumph with an improved league finish.

Portsmouth finished eighth in the Barclays Premier League last season, but qualified for the UEFA Cup via the cup.

Crouch scored 19 goals in 39 games in his first spell at Portsmouth.

His first-team opportunities at Liverpool became limited last season following the signing of Fernando Torres, although he still managed 11 goals.

In total, he netted 42 times in 135 appearances over three years with Liverpool.

Benitez has targeted Valencia striker David Villa as a replacement for Crouch.

Villa formed a partnership with Fernando Torres that helped Spain win the European Championship this summer.

'We will try to bring in another option. Villa is a player we know all about and he is on our list. But maybe it will be difficult,' said Benitez.

Benitez insisted that the situation is not a desperate one adding: 'We have Torres, Andriy Voronin, Dirk Kuyt, Ryan Babel and Steven Gerrard, who can play as a second striker.'

Summer of frustration for cash-strapped Rafa

By Norman Hubbard
    (Archive)

from soccernet

A left-footed footballer and a long-term target finally became a Liverpool player on Friday. It was not Gareth Barry, however, but the Udinese full-back Andrea Dossena. In a summer where frustration appears the underlying emotion for Rafa Benitez, nothing is completed quickly. If the choice of the replacement for the Roma-bound John Arne Riise appeared made some time ago - and in May, Dossena expressed his willingness to move to Merseyside - the move was only completed in July.

Meanwhile, the offers for Barry are increased incrementally; to judge by Aston Villa's response, they go up by about 25p a time and according to Liverpool, by around 1 million. Four bids have been rejected and while the England midfielder appears to have reached the point of no return at Villa Park, it is unlikely he will become a Liverpool player until the valuation of 18 million is met.

Besides the interminable delay, it is all the more galling for Liverpool as they had hoped to acquire Barry comparatively cheaply, presuming a small cash outlay plus some combination of Peter Crouch, Scott Carson and Steve Finnan would have sufficed. Instead, the whole of the proceeds of Xabi Alonso's probable move to Juventus still won't finance Barry's arrival; those who watched the Spaniard's superlative display against Greece in Euro 2008 may wonder if, accomplished passer and steadying influence as Barry is, Liverpool will actually acquire a superior player.

But when Martin O'Neill referred to 'a mish-mash' of players offered in part-exchange for Barry, he inadvertently revealed the major factor undermining Liverpool's transfer dealings: a shortage of actual cash. Tom Hicks and George Gillett may insist their relationship has been at least partially repaired, and the global credit crunch may be responsible, but Liverpool's finances have taken a turn for the worse.

Last summer's 50 million outlay will not be repeated unless the vast majority of it is recouped in player sales. Hence the sight of Liverpool, their historic grandeur notwithstanding, resembling second-hand car salesmen, forever negotiating a part-exchange. Hence the excessive values placed on their own players, such as the suggestion that Crouch, with one year left on his contract, should command a fee of 15 million, in the hope of boosting Benitez's transfer fund; now Portsmouth's more realistic bid of 10 million looks enough to result in his departure. Hence suggestions of a deal for James Milner, even though the Newcastle winger was far from the Spaniard's top target: Liverpool merely believed they could use makeweights to affect a swap.

And consequently the hope that friendship with Benitez's players - Steven Gerrard in Barry's case - can convince them to come to Anfield, or that being a lifelong Liverpool fan, as Robbie Keane is, will prove decisive. Once again, the prospect of a part-exchange, again with Crouch, seems to have prompted Liverpool's interest. In the process, they may recruit their best striker since Michael Owen, with the exception of a certain Spaniard.

Yet that also risks disrupting a successful formula, removing Gerrard from his role as Fernando Torres' support act and prompter and granting him a return to his unfavoured terrain of the right flank. In turn, it also reduces the logic of signing Barry, whose understanding with the Liverpool captain has been apparent in a central role for England.

But then Liverpool's transfer policy is not being dictated by normal criteria. The requirement to raise money can distort priorities and deflect from targets. Despite a requirement for greater invention on the flanks, talk of wingers such as David Bentley has dissipated, bar the odd mention of Stuart Downing or James Milner.

Instead, the low esteem in which Jermaine Pennant is held by Benitez's peers - there are no takers for the right winger, even as a makeweight in a deal - suggests he will be at Anfield again. But it also means that Yossi Benayoun may represent the only credible alternative to Dirk Kuyt and Ryan Babel, either of whom may have to be pressed into service in attack if Crouch goes and Torres is injured.

At least Philipp Degen represented that rarity for Liverpool, a simple signing conducted without an inflated fee. That the Borussia Dortmund right-back, recruited on a Bosman, was on the bench in Euro 2008 may not bode well. Nor does the failure of Liverpool's last free arrival from Germany, Andriy Voronin.

But while Benitez's record in the transfer market remains mixed, the spectacular success of Torres has quietened some of his critics. Moreover, the manager merits sympathy now. Expectations are a fact of life at Liverpool; talk of the title abounds every season, regardless of the context.

Next season will be no different, even if Benitez is reduced to offering Joan the tea lady in part-exchange in attempt to facilitate another arrival. And while he was allowed funds to recruit Javier Mascherano and Martin Skrtel earlier in the year, it will be instructive to analyse the Premier League's net spending when the transfer window shuts.

Chelsea seem certain to have paid most; Manchester United's outlay rather depends on the Cristiano Ronaldo situation; Tottenham and Manchester City have already shown a fondness for the costliest players; Newcastle may yet do likewise. In the spending league, Liverpool may only rank a place in mid-table.

Not for the first time, Liverpool's manager and supporters may be regretting the change of ownership that was supposed to propel them into the rich list and a 21st-century stadium. But if Andrea Dossena finds himself granted a rapturous reception at Anfield, it might be because, Torres' exploits in Euro 2008 aside, Liverpool have had little else to cheer so far this summer.

RAFA CONCERN AT BABEL CALL

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez admits it would be a 'big problem' if Ryan Babel is selected for Holland's squad for the Olympic Games.

The winger is returning to pre-season training with the Reds after recovering from the torn ankle ligaments he suffered while on international duty ahead of Euro 2008.

Babel joined Liverpool in a 11.5million move from Ajax in July 2007 and, after settling into life in the Premier League last term, big things are expected of the 21-year-old.

And Benitez admits that the potential loss of Babel, who is on the wish-list of Holland's Olympic coach Ari Haan, to the Games in Beijing for up to a month from late July would be a major blow.

"Obviously, we are really pleased that Ryan is coming back to training," Benitez - who is also set to be without Lucas Leiva, Javier Mascherano and possibly Emiliano Insua - told the Liverpool Echo.

"He is an important player for us and he has worked hard to recover from the injury he suffered with Holland.

"But we are really worried because after getting him fit again it is likely that we could lose him again if he is selected for the Olympics. This is a big problem - we prepare him and then he goes away with the national team.

"This season is very important for him. In his first season he was settling in but this time he has more experience and we are looking for him to give something from the beginning so it is really important for him to start working with his team."

Should Babel go to Beijing he will miss Liverpool's opening league games away at Sunderland on 16th August and at home to Middlesbrough seven days later.

Babel would also be absent for the third round qualification tie for the UEFA Champions League on 12th and 27th August.

BENITEZ SORRY TO SEE CROUCH GO

Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has admitted he wanted to keep Peter Crouch as the England striker prepares to complete his move to Portsmouth.

Crouch has completed a medical at Fratton Park and the finer points of his 11million move back to the south coast are almost complete with Pompey set to formally confirm the move soon.

But Benitez has pre-empted Crouch's final departure from Merseyside by saying: "He is a good professional and a nice person, and we would have wanted him to stay. We offered him a new contract.

"But sometimes you have to understand the player. He wanted to play a lot more, and with Fernando Torres now first choice, that was always going to be difficult.

"I can understand Peter's situation. But he did very well for this club and we always supported him when people doubted the decision to bring him to Anfield."

Benitez made it clear that he will now try to sign a replacement striker, and refused to rule out a possible move for Spanish star David Villa.

He said: "We have Torres, Andriy Voronin, Dirk Kuyt, Ryan Babel and Steven Gerrard, who can play as a second striker.

"But we will try to bring in another option. Villa is a player we know all about and he is on our list. But maybe it will be difficult."

Benitez now hopes to complete the drawn-out saga of Gareth Barry's move from Aston Villa, which the club still hope to have sealed by the weekend.

Whether that will be in time for Liverpool's first pre-season friendly at Tranmere on Saturday is debatable.

But Benitez would wish to have the midfielder on board for the training camp in Switzerland which starts on Sunday and includes three matches before a return to the UK ahead of the trip to play Rangers in Glasgow on July 26.