Thread: Attempt on a little beauty

Default Attempt on a little beauty

Please tell me how i can do better.

This is my 1st attempt on a Nikkor 50mm. Just got my D80 few months back, still learning how to use it. The picture is without any editing as i have not learn to work on any software yet.

Last edited by pyloh; 15th June 2008 at 01:52 AM.

Default Re: Attempt on a little beauty

Background clutter, distracts from the subjects (which I presume are the flowers). Could try going closer to fill up the frame with the flower (subject to minimum focusing distance of that lens), or find a cleaner background. =)

Try to crop until u leave a flower showing. This way, its less distracting.

So what is your focus?

Agreed that I cannot find which one is your main subject and what you are trying to express.

In photography, before you compose the picture, it is important to consider which one is your main subject. Meaning what is the subject you want to emphasize or bring viewers' attention to.

Also, more does not necessary mean better. In photography, its good to compose the picture to be as simple as possible.

Just some of my thoughts.
    Yong Sak.
    www.yongsak.com

On elements that show repetition, it is to your advantage to illustrate the subject as a pattern. As such it would be a better choice to shoot from a top-down angle to show the flowers in a layered composition. It won't win any special C&C, but it'll be a much prettier image than what you have now.

Quote Originally Posted by yongsak View Post
    Also, more does not necessary mean better. In photography, its good to compose the picture to be as simple as possible.

Just some of my thoughts.
    I like this statement. It is easier to learn composition with less "busy" photos. Pick a subject, a simple one, and a clear background, and then try to make it look good. A photo need not be cluttered, filled with colour and objects edge to edge, to look good.

Sometimes minimalist just works better (let me know if you want these taken down) :