Thread: MY First Passport Size Pic!

Lizaally
    Guests

Default MY First Passport Size Pic!

I have never used a digital camera before but I managed to snap a superb passport photo shoot for my nephew from Dimage Xt, it was better than th pic I get from the photo studio. And I'm so happy!!!

Ally[EMAIL=http://www.fotohub.com/fotoupload/lizaally/56832_PICT00401.JPG]

Uhmm ... don't mean to pour cold water ... I think there's room for improvement

c'mon guys...this is posted in the newbies corner. anyway, Lizaally, i tink if you resize it and sharpen it, should be ok.

so care to share your experiences? Like wat size u crop to, photoshop technique and lighting technique, printer used??
    So that we can learn
    Thanks

Lizaally
    Guests

LOL! Thanks for the comments! I just did auto shoot with my Minolta Dimage Xt and print it on HP photosmart 7550. I'm still new will take yr advise and resize and sharpen it! Thanks

PS> At least mine shot is better than the shop I took my driving license pic!!

Ally

Originally posted by Lizaally
    LOL! Thanks for the comments! I just did auto shoot with my Minolta Dimage Xt and print it on HP photosmart 7550. I'm still new will take yr advise and resize and sharpen it! Thanks

PS> At least mine shot is better than the shop I took my driving license pic!!

Ally
    Same here!! My driving license photo looks

Default Re: MY First Passport Size Pic!

Originally posted by Lizaally
    I have never used a digital camera before but I managed to snap a superb passport photo shoot for my nephew from Dimage Xt, it was better than th pic I get from the photo studio. And I'm so happy!!!
    Am thinking of doing this for the new driving license!
    Is it true that they only accept photos with white background? Also, it it necessary to get the photo printed at a lab, or do they accept photos printed on an inkjet printer??

I also shot and used a PP sized photo, and like Lizaaly, was rather proud of the photo I used it in my application for a visa to the US (which incidentally, didn't come through due to lack of time). The photo was accepted though, and the US embassy has the strictest of requirements for pp photos. If you are interested in getting comparatively cheap pp photos, you can shoot a head and shoulders portrait (you shoot and shoot until you are finally satisfied) and there is a nice shop that I went to on the second floor in Ginza plaza which will print such photos for $1 per photo. But you have to print them in batches of 4. If you spend some time to choose the photo carefully, I am certain you can get better photos than you would get if you had the photos professionally taken.

to kng,

i just made my driving license, here are the photo requirements:

1) 3.5cm width
    2) 4.5cm height w/o borders
    3) taken less than 3 months ago
    4) full face, image of face btwn 2.5cm and 3.5cm frm chin to crown of head
    5) background screen must be white, unless your hair is white, then screen must be light grey
    6) color, with matt or semi-matt finish
    7) no headgear unless u habitually wear one

actually i took mine at the driving centre, the printout was on stg like thick paper, but i think better print a proper photo to be safe

wth... was typing according to the handout, then found this last line saying the above info can be obtained from "FAQS FOR PHOTOCARD LICENSE" at
    http://www.spinet.gov.sg

THANKS!!! That was very helpful!!