Thread: Canon Launches EOS 1000D / Rebel XS

Default Canon Launches EOS 1000D / Rebel XS

News seen at Canon Launches EOS 1000D / Rebel XS!!!

What the heck... What happened to Canon's marketing?? Become like Apple's marketing?? Quantity rather than quality? hmmm.... 450D is not beginner line enough, 10000D is more more beginner... when can we see, like, Nikon D30000000000000??

Default Re: Canon Launches EOS 1000D / Rebel XS

Bravo. Very smart marketing.

It's not surprising actually. The specs still look good. It's to make DSLR even more affordable to the mass market while consumers can still enjoy the advanced features found in the higher range DSLRs.

And I believe this is not going to be the most beginner's specs we are about to see. The 1000D specs still look impressive. Back when film was alive, Canon came out a basic EOS88. (Canon film users will know this well.) I though that will be the last. But then Canon later went further and introduced an almost useless EOS 888 that has limited functions! And I remember Canon Singapore even used it to advertise during Chinese New Year as the numbers 888 symbolizes good luck! *roll eyes*

The 450D isn't quite as beginner as it can get. If you compare, the 450D has many features similar to an advanced amateur/semi-pro 40D. Seriously, how many people actually maximize those extra few features found in the 40D? So 450D and 40D aren't as profoundly different as Canon can go I believe. Canon might just intro an even more basic 88D or 888D in time to come!

Default Re: Canon Launches EOS 1000D / Rebel XS

Quote Originally Posted by Andreq View Post

And I remember Canon Singapore even used it to advertise during Chinese New Year as the numbers 888 symbolizes good luck! *roll eyes*

Canon might just intro an even more basic 88D or 888D in time to come!

LOLOL. omg that cracked me up, but you're so right!
    creepupmytee.com | creepupmytee.blogsp.