Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PRO PLAN DOG SHOW, 13 July 2003

Pet Photographer
    Guests

Default PRO PLAN DOG SHOW, 13 July 2003

PRO PLAN DOG SHOW Sunday July 13 2003

Picture courtesy of the Singapore Kennel Club.

Organiser : The Singapore Kennel Club
    Venue : Singapore Expo Hall 5, 1, Expo Drive
    Date : 13 July 2003
    Time : 9am to 6pm
    Admission : $5.00 per adult
    (Free admission for children below 12 years of age)

p.s. Here's a trick, if you get in before 0830, usually the security would not check you for tickets.

Judges : Mrs Shona E Prebble from New Zealand, Mrs Rhonda A Lane from Australia and Mrs Ute B May from Australia.

Organised by:

Sponsored by:

Deregistered

8.30 ... no way. That's the time the exhibitors go in. Too early.

$5... Think I'll give this a miss I'm an el-cheapo.

go go go.

Pet Photographer
    Guests

Originally posted by espn
    8.30 ... no way. That's the time the exhibitors go in. Too early.

$5... Think I'll give this a miss I'm an el-cheapo.
    Ok lah. I will sponsor Clubsnap photographer's admission fees so that they can get up close and personal with man's best friends, what else but dogs.

Just pm me if you are keen.

Ok not more than 6 photographers, or else
    - So far got 2 confirmed ones...
    Last edited by Pet Photographer; 1st July 2003 at 11:42 AM.

Anymore slots??

Pls check PM..

Im going as well, put me in!

Pet Photographer
    Guests

Default Clubsnap 'paw'photographers @ DOG SHOW

Wait, my pm mailbox almost flooded. Please pm me your full name, contact details and what camera equipment which you own.

RSVP LIST:
    1) furdography
    2) agape01
    3) SniperD?
    4) marx
    5) sgt. Pepper
    6) larry

Who else?
    Last edited by Pet Photographer; 1st July 2003 at 02:21 PM.

I can go.....

Its okie... I can pay on my own....

Pet Photographer
    Guests

RSVP LIST:
    1) Amos Wong aka furdography studio
    2) Caleb Cheong aka agape01
    3) Ron Lee aka SniperD?
    4) Omar Pineda aka marx
    5) larry loh aka Larry

6) sgt. Pepper
    7) Xin
    8) swift-monkey

Anymore 'paw'grapher kakis? Wow, almost assembled an entire company section liao : )

Originally posted by xin
    I can go.....

Its okie... I can pay on my own....

RSVP LIST:
    1) Amos Wong aka furdography studio
    2) Caleb Cheong aka agape01
    3) Ron Lee aka SniperD?
    4) Omar Pineda aka marx
    5) larry loh aka Larry

6) sgt. Pepper
    7) Xin
    8) swift-monkey
    9) BATO - "Tentative... depends on my schedule"

wanna go. i can pay for myself but do i need to pre-register or can just turn up on the day and pay at the entrance?
    thanks.

Pet Photographer
    Guests

From my past visits, usually pay at the entrance. No advance tickets like SISTIC. Do expect the crowd especially their ticketing system is still stone age.

If you would like to contact the SKC, you may wish to email them at skclub@pacific.net.sg

Originally posted by giddygoat
    wanna go. i can pay for myself but do i need to pre-register or can just turn up on the day and pay at the entrance?
    thanks.

Yo Daniel,

thanks for the invitation. I will try to make it but will have to check my schedule first. Update again this Sat.

Originally posted by Pet Photographer
    From my past visits, usually pay at the entrance. No advance tickets like SISTIC. Do expect the crowd especially their ticketing system is still stone age.

If you would like to contact the SKC, you may wish to email them at skclub@pacific.net.sg
    hokay, thank you very much for the info. maybe if i can sneak in dressed as a german shepherd....

hi!! i'd like to come! dun worry i can pay my own fare..

this will be my first outting...

where to meet up etc?

also, i have never taken photos at shows like these b4...

do u just randomly snap photos? or do u ask the owners if u can photo their dogs? etc?

Thanks!!

Pet Photographer
    Guests

giggygoat, you are I will try to look out for a human 'GSD'.

In most instances, unless for portrait shots, I don't usually ask them caus the photo opportunity will pass by the time you focus on the subject.

Most of the times, dog owners would be just happy to let you snap at their poochies.

Originally posted by thomaschan
    hi!! i'd like to come! dun worry i can pay my own fare..

this will be my first outting...

where to meet up etc?

also, i have never taken photos at shows like these b4...

do u just randomly snap photos? or do u ask the owners if u can photo their dogs? etc?

Thanks!!
    Last edited by Pet Photographer; 3rd July 2003 at 06:01 PM.

Deregistered

Was actually rejected once when I was shooting in BG. I saw a few cute dogs tried to get a few shots. The owner kindly asked me to not shoot. Of course I didn't anymore

But after the outing at the Dog's Carnival, I've seen many owners very proud of their dogs and would do anything to get their dogs to pose for me to snap.

Had a couple going after their dog for nearly 30 mins trying to seat it still for me to shoot. Still didn't get a good shot... the doggie very short attention span.

Remember not to flash your speedlights directly at them. It's not good for their eyes.

Pet Photographer
    Guests

Agree with espn. In the course of my work, most dog owners, families, singles and especially couples don't mind photographers snapping at their dogs.

In fact, they appreciate the photographer's shot of their doggie bao pei. The only instance I had to constantly remind myself that dogs are extremely unpredictable and like what espn said, short attention span. We don't get the same pose or opportunity twice once we miss it.

That's why I never ask them, but will gauge their body language first. They will know one lah. No worries.

One more thing, do you realise that dogs can sense that you are going to shoot them and they always look away?

Originally posted by espn
    But after the outing at the Dog's Carnival, I've seen many owners very proud of their dogs and would do anything to get their dogs to pose for me to snap.

Had a couple going after their dog for nearly 30 mins trying to seat it still for me to shoot. Still didn't get a good shot... the doggie very short attention span.

Remember not to flash your speedlights directly at them. It's not good for their eyes.

One more thing, do you realise that dogs can sense that you are going to shoot them and they always look away?
    i know!!!

/dog: woof... i so pweetty, you take my picther then go post in clubsnap, other ppl leech and post in sgdogs.com, then how?

Agree with espn. In the course of my work, most dog owners, families, singles and especially couples don't mind photographers snapping at their dogs.

In fact, they appreciate the photographer's shot of their doggie bao pei. The only instance I had to constantly remind myself that dogs are extremely unpredictable and like what espn said, short attention span. We don't get the same pose or opportunity twice once we miss it.

That's why I never ask them, but will gauge their body language first. They will know one lah. No worries.

How true...... they have this unseeing awareness of that foreign sigle-eyed monster pointing at their face...

and some, welcomes it with a smile...

and thru all that expressions, we can truly see the characteristics and different personality of dog, just as diverse as us humans...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast