Thread: A Day at the Botanic Garden....

Default A Day at the Botanic Garden....

hihi.. need some help...
    went to botanic gardens to take snap shots using my new 602 for the first time, i must admit it is very hot and sunny... used a polarizer and a uv lens to take all of my shots... but 99% of the shots still turn out to be over expose... i did'nt use any flash... how to over come overexposure problems... pls advise...

oh yah... tried macro shots with a +4 close up lens, metz flash + omin bounce... the shots turned out to be blurrish... must admit my hands are not steady... do i need a tripod to take macro?? or simply use stronger flash and increase shuttle speed??.. pls advise...

arigato!!!

Default Re: A Day at the Botanic Garden....

Originally posted by blurboiboi
    hihi.. need some help...
    went to botanic gardens to take snap shots using my new 602 for the first time, i must admit it is very hot and sunny... used a polarizer and a uv lens to take all of my shots... but 99% of the shots still turn out to be over expose... i did'nt use any flash... how to over come overexposure problems... pls advise...

oh yah... tried macro shots with a +4 close up lens, metz flash + omin bounce... the shots turned out to be blurrish... must admit my hands are not steady... do i need a tripod to take macro?? or simply use stronger flash and increase shuttle speed??.. pls advise...

arigato!!!
    I guess the weather is too hot. If you meter the bright area , you will get your shot very dark and meter the dark area , you will get it very bright. This is a common problem. A polariser does not help much in such situation. It helps in cutting down reflection.

how to overcome overexposure problems ?
    1. wait for not so bright lighting ( morning or evening time )
    2. if you see bright on ur LCD , compensate -1/2 to -1 to reduce the exposure

as for macro photography , the blurish problem can cause by:
    1. out of focus
    2. slow shutter speed

read up Azone's Macro photography article at
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthrea...threadid=19305
    for more detail understanding
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap

Maybe you can post some samples of the botanic gardens and macro shots along with the settings so that we can advise you accordingly?

Default Re: A Day at the Botanic Garden....

I suppose on of the common probs might be becuase of the limited range of lights that film(or digital) can take in compare to our eyes, do look for a more evenlylit upz scene, so that your picture will not have some that is underexpose and others overexpose, like someone say above, when you meter a dark scene, the bright over expose and vice vs
    time with harsh sunlight eg during middays should be avoided unless you know you know wat you doing
    For macro, i always use a tripod w timer onz/or cable release, cause you ready zoom in a lot, i.e more often the subject on your prints might be the same if not bigger then the real thingy itself. so at least for me, i find that my handshake is too evident
    ya, posting some photos would help.

By the way may i ask wats this metz n omin bounce about, i am not familiar with flash and wishes to know more, any links/review and prices in singapore???

thanks

hihi.. need some help...

arigato!!!

err... how to post pics in the forum??.. *scratches my head*...

err... how to post pics in the forum??.. *scratches my head*...

see
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/misc.php?...&page=3#images
    See my Photo Gallery at the Clubsnap