Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123471227 ... LastLast

Thread: PhotoAid XXIV: The Gathering II

Default Re: PhotoAid XXIV: The Gathering II

Quote Originally Posted by gsv13 View Post
    The lub club has suddenly become too quite .

so anyone buying in this PC show ?I'm planning to visit tommorrow evening around 5 or so ..anyone joining ?

cheers
    Sudhir
    yeah.....
    Not enuff lub
    " Style is a reflection of your attitude and your personality"

Quote Originally Posted by gsv13 View Post
    The lub club has suddenly become too quite .

so anyone buying in this PC show ?I'm planning to visit tommorrow evening around 5 or so ..anyone joining ?

cheers
    Sudhir

Yo bro..

I always avoid this event if I can. I hate crowds that push and push. heheh But I heard this one is not as attractive and exhibtors are not pulling out all the stops to make this a show stopping one. Besides..the same deal can more or less be had over at Sim Lim Sq so if I want to get anything...SLS is the place to be as most of the crowd would be bringing all their bad manner over to Suntec away from SLS heheh..

Well..looks like the weather is a cold cloudy day...and I think I will be the only one who is actually going down to that meeting place in East Coast Beach hahahahahah.... So I will raise my drinking bottle to you guys in dedication when I am there.

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888 View Post
    Well..looks like the weather is a cold cloudy day...and I think I will be the only one who is actually going down to that meeting place in East Coast Beach hahahahahah.... So I will raise my drinking bottle to you guys in dedication when I am there.
    choi choi choi,
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    choi choi choi,
    Choi for what lah heheheh...not like I meant everyone dropped dead or something heheheh.....

You know...today if you guys went down...Ski360 would be quite oaky but the other places was like a mad house with packed beach that stretch inland to the grass areas or the food centres. heheh.. Wait till I show you some of the scene I shot later.

Choi for what lah heheheh...not like I meant everyone dropped dead or something heheheh.....

You know...today if you guys went down...Ski360 would be quite oaky but the other places was like a mad house with packed beach that stretch inland to the grass areas or the food centres. heheh.. Wait till I show you some of the scene I shot later.
    thanks sammy, for reccee the area.

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    The Gathering II
    time : 3:00pm, Saturday
    venue : East Coast SKI360

Sorry to have call off the previous plan.

Now, to give all lubbers ample time to plan their activities to make hole for The Gathering II, it will be one of the Saturday in the month of July, pls indicate ur preference by putting ur nick under the date.

1) 05/07/08
    dk

2) 12/07/08
    dk

3) 19/07/08
    dk

4) 26/07/08
    dk

It will be more than 3 weekends out of sun, time for all u lubbers to get back the tan.

As per previous plan,

1) No alcohol, too near to the sea liao, but beer is ok

2) Ice, beer is no good when not cold, but ice need cool box. so any volunteer with car can help bring cool box with ice?

3) Water, in boxes of 0.5L bottles, any volunteer?

4) Tibits and dips, unit of measurement = ton. we needs lots of these, still remember those we had in the 1st gathering? (hint hint)

5) Dinner can either settle at the nearby food centre or go out tahpow back?

6) I will bring a 4man tent to be used as store dump.

7) Game masters, need 2 volunteers to take up this post.

8) First aid box, any lubber?

9) Depending on situation, if someone can offer their place for wet weather program, that will be great. (hint hint)

Ok, now, did I miss anything important things?

I think I can join on this date
    1) 05/07/08
    1.dk
    2.vv

Miss you guys and gals a lot

But I heard this one is not as attractive and exhibtors are not pulling out all the stops to make this a show stopping one. Besides..the same deal can more or less be had over at Sim Lim Sq so if I want to get anything...SLS is the place to be as most of the crowd would be bringing all their bad manner over to Suntec away from SLS heheh..
    Yeahhh... this show seems lousy. Was disappointed at the offers... wanted to get a PSD but no offer from Eastgear (they say special price in pamphlet but I know it's the same price! ). CF card also not much cheaper. In the end, a kind brother who is regular at AP helped me get a CF card for 10 bucks cheaper than PC show!
    Well, saved a trip to this show.

Hope you had fun.
    Lost my bike so no cycling anymore...
    Very tempted to buy a new bike but lack Vit M...
    But usually I avoid ECP on weekends unless relatives come to my house. I used to cycle there on weekdays... very nice... 80% less pple, just imagine! U should try it.
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

Dennis very scared after the last gathering spin on stomach and do B.boy stunts and Songbo dance next to him... so u know lah...

SKI360 usually quite ok wan la...
    The best photographer is one who is inspired by the innate nature of his subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by WuffRuff View Post
    Dennis very scared after the last gathering spin on stomach and do B.boy stunts and Songbo dance next to him... so u know lah...

SKI360 usually quite ok wan la...
    ha ha ha, u also know ah.

i think ski360 should be ok since the june school holiday will be over be than. usually there are lots of homework when school term starts.

But usually I avoid ECP on weekends unless relatives come to my house. I used to cycle there on weekdays... very nice... 80% less pple, just imagine! U should try it.
    eh...I have been cycling East Coast since 1974 heheh... I only don't cycle week days now as i have to work. Working later at the office is nothing new to me and that mean cycling on a week day is out of the question....till I can find less taxing slave job hor.

Working later at the office is nothing new to me and that mean cycling on a week day is out of the question....till I can find less taxing slave job hor.
    Wahh... your job so siong ah... everyday work until late? Poor thing...

Hey Lubbers, for now, confirm cant join in on 05/07/08 as my flight only leaving on 4th =(
    How about state one date instead of providing 4 options? More options sometimes more headache wor.

I can bring in chips and snacks!

Wahh... your job so siong ah... everyday work until late? Poor thing...
    Wahpiang...I tot only me a night bird hehe then see two chabor here so late.....

See..I trained already very good to stay awake later.....working late in the office not enough then bring work home to carry on till late in the night. But tonight I not do design or paperwork work from offfce lah.. Today is "Operations Lubber beach party" heheh

Okay...here are a series of locations to have the gathering that Denise...opps..I mean Dennis is doing his best to put together. All this are shot on Saturday(14/06/08) so this is the latest status

Beach wise, Ski360 has almost non of that as you can see from the photo. Due to the hawker center, lagoon and seafood restaurants, they made granite water breakers along the shoreline so no way to get down to the waterline or sand....but if you want nice grass minus the sand in your toes to play your games then just move back further in-land near the ski lagoon or beyond. Lots of grassy areas as you can see.

Look to the left side of the lagoon from where I shot the 360 degree view, is the hawker center. And on the right side of course are the cluster of Seafood restaurants.

View from another angle:

If you want to get some beach action and sand between your toes...then walk further up towards the direction of the airport to get to the beach front just after the lagoon hawker center and you will find both the beach with all the sand you want and lots of people ........or move back inland and use the field next to the carpark to play your ball or frisbee..etc YOu can also rent bikes and skates here...if you look at the photo..one of them show this orange colour buidling. I also saw that they sell frisbee and foot ball and some other plastic ball too.
    Last edited by sammy888; 15th June 2008 at 03:54 AM.

Wah Sammy u have all views covered

Well, I am also well-trained by boss lo... work bring back and do like &^%%&*

Quote Originally Posted by pixie View Post
    Wah Sammy u have all views covered

Well, I am also well-trained by boss lo... work bring back and do like &^%%&*
    hehehe more to come..I have not finish uploading heheh CS I think choke with more photo gifs I am sending up as the system justr hang there with my second round of uploads hahahah....

Well so long as your boss apprecaite it lah...my boss after 13 yrs just takes it for granted I am superman who can handle 8 peson work in 5 difference dept and 4 countrie codes heheh
    Last edited by sammy888; 15th June 2008 at 03:50 AM.

Okay if anyone is thinking of having it at any other places along the EC that has facilities for food, bike or skate rental..etc. You can consider the following areas that are along EC heading toward the city side.

This one is near the FUTBOL courts. And the MacDonald and a cluster of food stalls, bike and skate rental..etc but very crowded...holiday or no holiday.

This area is near the Marine Parade Overhead bridge that you can walk from the flats over the ECP to get to the park and beach. IF you choose this place, you have to walk further down to get to the other place I mentioned above (MacDonald)

This other area is also quite close to the one I mentioned had the FUTBOL courts. Alot of facilities here but crowded.

Of course... the other day we talked about former big splash with KFC. (KFC is hidden from my camera's view). Well this place has a wide range of restaurant...from fast food to pretty classy restaurant. You can rent bikes and skate here too and there is a 7-11 here too. Well here is the view of that area in 2 views:

The former Big Splash...view from near the beach

Standing closer to the former Big Splash

Okay Denise.....opps I meant Dennis.... TAKE IT AWAY...... heeeeee
    Last edited by sammy888; 15th June 2008 at 03:48 AM.

hehehe more to come..I have not finish uploading heheh CS I think choke with more photo gifs I am sending up as the system justr hang there with my second round of uploads hahahah....

Well so long as your boss apprecaite it lah...my boss after 13 yrs just takes it for granted I am superman who can handle 8 peson work in 5 difference dept and 4 countrie codes heheh
    U must make me feel

Good night/Good morning LUBBERS!!

Quote Originally Posted by pixie View Post
    U must make me feel

Good night/Good morning LUBBERS!!
    Aiya sad for what...in singapore for what's it worth...got job, keeps the food on the table and a roof over our head. heheh....better some hard work then no work....till something better comes along. You young girl girl you can tahan lah heheheh....
    Last edited by sammy888; 15th June 2008 at 04:03 AM.

The most quiet weekends here.
    " Style is a reflection of your attitude and your personality"

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123471227 ... LastLast