Thread: Pros and Cons of where to send your negatives for developing.

Default Pros and Cons of where to send your negatives for developing.

Ok.

So, places like MSColour send your negatives to Fuji Pro lab (correct?) to develop. What advantage does this have opposed to sending to any other lab?

E.g. Compared to 'neighbourhood' shops (can see difference??)
    Compared to 'Pro' shops like RGB / Konota / Soo Kee....

Very curious. I always disliked sending to MScolour cos it takes to long to come back.

Neighbourhood shops vary a lot in quality. Their strength is that they are convenient and cheap. i get Kodak Royal Paper, 4R for 30c.

Some of these shops invest in good equipment and take pride in their prints. They will hand touch, optimise and color correct before printing. Some, really bad ones, are straight from negative to print - basically rubbish.

Waste a few rolls, try all the shops in your area. IMO, for negatives and small prints, not worth the extra expense and time.

wat are the recommended shops?

for kodak paper n fuji paper? prices for 4R? any development fees? any membership discounts?

Hi currahee ,

You might like to try colorlabs (opposite funan) to print . Colorlab uses fuji paper (members got discount ).

If you like kodak paper you might like to try Photofriend in peninsula plaza. (no membership / discount i think but relatively cheap compared to colorlab)

Personally , i prefer fuji paper however you might like to try both and compare
    Last edited by coca88; 6th July 2003 at 02:30 AM.