Thread: Dilemma

Default Dilemma

I will taking photos for my friend's wedding but unfortunately I have TWO weddings on the same weekend and both are my good friends. For a malay wedding, the solemnization were always held on the Saturday while Sunday is the procession ceremony. The former is a more important event in a malay wedding, however the latter is a much lively one as there will be many people around. I am definitely attending both wedding but in terms of getting the best pictures, would you :

1) attend one on saturday for the solemnization only and the other on sunday to get only the procession

OR

2) attend just a short while for one and concentrate on a full ceremony for the other one (but it won't be fair to that other friend)

Which is a more worthwhile choice, as in getting the pictures of half of each event or a full complete wedding ceremony? I can't decide because both are my good friends. I need opinions.
    "There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs." - Ansel Adams

Default Re: Dilemma

Discuss the problem with your friends....better to be truthful to them, rather than provide half-past6 help...
    IMO
    #Captured Moments# @ Flickr
    D80|18-135mm|70-300mmVR|SB-800

This is a voluntary basis, I'm only a back-up. But how do you prefer to keep the pictures, like compromising to get half of each event or getting a complete event photos?
    "There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs." - Ansel Adams

well, employ 2 wedding photographers to shoot for you and you attend both...

this isn't much of a dilemma if you are not the official photographer... u only wanna test your camera thats all... am i right?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Oops, maybe i use the wrong sentences. What I meant here was there is official photographer for both weddings, just that I wanted to do something for my friend and well, gaining experience from the photographing. I believe its rather up to my decision, but on the other hand, would you have preferred to maximise this opportunity to photo-shoot a complete event or compromise to get half of each?

Quote Originally Posted by clickerz View Post
    Oops, maybe i use the wrong sentences. What I meant here was there is official photographer for both weddings, just that I wanted to do something for my friend and well, gaining experience from the photographing. I believe its rather up to my decision, but on the other hand, would you have preferred to maximise this opportunity to photo-shoot a complete event or compromise to get half of each?
    Your shoot more important than your friend's wedding?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

I think you should concentrate on one event instead of running to two seperate events and getting the best of none. Since you're not the official photographer, it's ok. Plus, I believe the malay wedding has two dates? So make it for one day and leave the other day that for the other wedding. Of course, explain it to your friends first.

Samuel
    f/8 and be there.

Quote Originally Posted by alternatve View Post
    I think you should concentrate on one event instead of running to two seperate events and getting the best of none. Since you're not the official photographer, it's ok. Plus, I believe the malay wedding has two dates? So make it for one day and leave the other day that for the other wedding. Of course, explain it to your friends first.

Samuel
    Agree! You are not the official photographer, whether u r there or not will not affect their wedding photos coverage. Since they are on the same 2 days, u may attend each for one day. Tell your friend about the situation, and toss a coin to decide which one to go first!

What delima. There is no delima. Best thing to do is to NOT shoot either wedding.

Btw, you will only get in the way of the official photographers. They don't like you to be there, they will tolerate you since you are a friend of the couple. So, why?
    deadpoet
    my portfolio