Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Kena Saman!

Default Re: Kena Saman!

stuck in Holland for the last 10 days .... generally the european drivers are more discipline and courteous. Very little horning and overtaking along highways .... and most highways only with 2 lanes.
    The fine system in Holland .... for every 1 km/hr speed over the max limit you get fine e5 (approx $11-00) with the first 3 km/hr free.

So if you drive, say 83km/hr in a 70km/hr zone, you will be fine with 10 x e5 = e50 ($110-00)

They are very serious with drunk driver .... even the car will be confiscated after the 2nd offence + imprisonment.

Singapore is OK la.....
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    I didn't look at my speedometer....
    Then u are considered lucky, they installed multiple cameras inside KPE tunnel and some drivers were fined mutliple times in the same trip inside the tunnel. Just imagine if a speedy driver do a fun drive round trip and each camera deduct 4 points.....

Quote Originally Posted by Astin View Post
    Then u are considered lucky, they installed multiple cameras inside KPE tunnel and some drivers were fined mutliple times in the same trip inside the tunnel. Just imagine if a speedy driver do a fun drive round trip and each camera deduct 4 points.....
    oh in that case, they should be able to tell that i was momentarily above the speed limit and reduced speed subsequently as the other cameras did not detect me as moving above 70km/h throughout the journey.
    It is easier to critique than to create ; www.razin-photography.com
    My studio is available for rent

$130 and 4 demerits points for driving 84km/h on the expressway....

Damm!!! this is my first speeding offence since 1994.

Why on earth did they make the speed limit so slow and call it an expressway???..eee!!

Already there are so many jams all over the island and the only expressway where i can decently move at about 80km/h, they put the speed limit to 70km/h.....

Just ranting off my anger...

..........:---
    ^_^ That will teach you a lesson. Hehe

LTA should share the KPE surveillance technology with the folks at Whitley Road....
    good one

Quote Originally Posted by leejay View Post
    ^_^ That will teach you a lesson. Hehe

It is easier to critique than to create ; www.razin-photography.com
    My studio is available for rent

the cameras are along the wall on the top right hand corners, look carefully and you'll see 2 square boxes (greyish) hidden in the shadows.

first time offender u can write in to appeal lor

Hmm...seems like the news on speed limit on KPE is being told on news the first day they open the tunnel. That tunnel's speed cameras are super duper active.

Just be careful when u drive along there. No plus minus for KPE.
    flickr
    Canon 450D, EF 50mm f1.4, EF-S17-85mm IS USM

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    i thought most section of expressway speed limit is 90km/h, sure got +/- one mah, like when go up slope, car will slow down, than some driver will acc. after the top, come down hill, it will pick up speed even if you let go acc. paddel to save petrol.

eg, pie, the flyover beside bukit timah plaza.

didnt know they want singaporean to keep to speed limit within 3 sigma tolerance.
    the downhill is usually the place they clock you, 2 reasons:
    1.) like you said, throttle open uphill, car has lots of energy when going down, speed sure fast
    2.) when facing down, they can see your number plate easier from a vantage point

you just got to love them. Yr end bonus coming lah... spread a bit of lub
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by entropy_h View Post
    The worst is kena saman for driving in bus lane. A fine is sufficient. Why the hell do they need to give demerit points for that? It's not a dangerous act by any means.
    you which era one? I know same era as me, cos that time have demerit points. Now don't have liao, see? gov't heard your woes! gotta lub them for that!

I didn't look at my speedometer....
    You need speed warning device....like in SAF vehicles.

oh in that case, they should be able to tell that i was momentarily above the speed limit and reduced speed subsequently as the other cameras did not detect me as moving above 70km/h throughout the journey.
    Like that how to recoup investment for all those expensive cameras?

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    you which era one? I know same era as me, cos that time have demerit points. Now don't have liao, see? gov't heard your woes! gotta lub them for that!
    Are the points from my previous offence rescinded then? It should be, shouldn't it?
    D∞X, 1-∞ mm F0.17. I like to show off my equipment list because I'm pro. My Flickr

vince123123
    Guests

Razor: If you have been having a clean spotless record for a very long time, or this is your first offence, the chances of getting it waived by an appeal is pretty good, or at least worth a try. Sit down and think of some reason why you had to speed and try to appeal. Or ask your MP for help too.

I got off a double yellow line offence before with this method. I also managed to argue past an offence where they summoned me for parking in a side road (on basis of obstruction) with no lane markings prohibiting parking (but that is a different story altogether hehe).

Quote Originally Posted by spindoctor View Post
    You need speed warning device....like in SAF vehicles.
    SWD is all he need. Speed Warning Device

What is your car plate no.?
    I AM BORNFIRE!
    My Flickr/TFCD Service

The worst is kena saman for driving in bus lane. A fine is sufficient. Why the hell do they need to give demerit points for that? It's not a dangerous act by any means.
    Quote Originally Posted by Papilio View Post
    For driving in a bus lane, you only get fined. They've removed the demerit points if you get caught driving in a bus lane some time ago already. See the list of traffic offences which attract demerit points below :

Traffic Offences and Demerit Points (DIPS)
    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    I was booked for driving in bus lane and got points deducted also few years back...since the demerit points has been takenout...will i get those points reimburse so that should i get booked next time(hopefully not) i can use back those points that was wrongfully deducted?

Are the points from my previous offence rescinded then? It should be, shouldn't it?
    no it shouldn't. IIRC, sg law are retrospective only few rare occasions, once was during the first implementation of CBD money collection. A great lawyer saw a loophole and said ROV (now LTA) had no rights to collect money (or something to that effect) therefore payment to enter CBD cannot be enforced.

Many followed his footsteps and a bill was passed to allow money to be collected and was implemented retrospect and the great lawyer had to pay up.

your demerit points in this case, will expire 2 years from your last point deduction. The standard system

Razor, u can try to appeal...however, they can only reduce the fine but not the demerit points...still better to pay less than more...
    Nikon D300s, 50mm, 18-105mm, Sigma 30mm F1.4, Sigma 50-150mm F2.8, Samyang 8mm F3.5

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast