Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Long After Job Interview . . . .

Default Re: How Long After Job Interview . . . .

Never ever depend on companies to call you back after an interview. Companies have tons of interviews. It's impossible to call everyone saying that their interview didn't make it.

In such cases, always go for more interviews and don't wait. If the company requires your services, they will typically respond fast. WHo doesn't want someone qualified to fill their vacant position?

Several reasons:

1) Delay in making you the offer because the first choice candidate is still negotiating, is holding and has not made up his or her mind

2) Direct Manager or decision maker was traveling and or for whatever reason, decides to put on hold for the time being

3) Change in circumstances like for instance, someone has resigned and thus, the company is looking at other profile which may have better fit

All in all, please note that it is NOT your fault or it has nothing to do with your ability. It is simply about getting the "right fit" and "timing issue" which works both ways, be it employer or employee.

Be positive and keep trying.
    Last edited by lestwe4get; 12th June 2008 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert View Post
    . . . . . will the organisation get back to you regarding your application?

Just curious cos I know someone who's been waiting for 3 weeks plus already.
    I had gone for an interview in Mar and got a reply in Nov. i got the job in Dec...

Hahahaha

Going for my first interview of my jobsearch later... (kanchiong..)

I will let you know how long the company takes to give me a reply..when they do give me a reply that it...

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    I had gone for an interview in Mar and got a reply in Nov. i got the job in Dec...

Hahahaha
    Can't believe u waited so long!

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post

Hahahaha
    wah..they check ur background for so long? haha!!

normally most of the company will get back to you in 1 week time. Some just didnt reply at all even you are not shortlisted after the interview...

good luck!

I went for the interview in the morning and got the job in the afternoon.
    4 months into my job now.

If photographer ,cameraman or videogrpaher job wont take so long,very straight forward.
    Mee Poh Man. "I am kampong man"

Quote Originally Posted by dancemania View Post
    Can't believe u waited so long!
    I was still working and when the offer came... it was a surprise and I did not make a wrong decision..

Some companies do "phantom recruitment" up to the interview phase only, because:

1. They want to test the water, usually done near their "staff appraisal" period.
    2. They actually already have someone for the position. The recruitment is only to protect themself, proofing that they do a proper recruitment procedure.

How can I know? Because my company does this and sometime it was me who did those "phantom" recruitment

Cheers... and welcome to the unfair world of workforce...

V

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12