Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanted: ticket for NDP

Originally posted by Juvelyn
    Hi Tom

I sent you a private msg regarding NDP tickets (on Wed, I think)
    Yes I know, thx. But I want a ticket for the actually day instead of the rehearsal. It's ok if I could not get one, then I will shoot outside on streets.

mphorsis
    Guests

I have spare NDP 2003 actual day tickets. How much are you willing to pay for it?

Originally posted by mphorsis
    I have spare NDP 2003 actual day tickets. How much are you willing to pay for it?
    Depends on how much I would sell my pictures later. And by all means, you won't get a single cent - all the money will be donated to a local fund.

Originally posted by tomshen
    Depends on how much I would sell my pictures later. And by all means, you won't get a single cent - all the money will be donated to a local fund.

mphorsis
    How 'bout that.
    Tom's post has managed to get Clubsnap a new member

registered just to see how much he could sell his tickets for

Originally posted by tomshen
    hear! hear!

Tom, it will do you no harm in attending the NDP parade rehersals if you manage to get the tickets for free. You will get to familiarise yourself with the sequence of the events that will occur, as such know where to position yourself best to capture certain events that you may have in mind.

I was at the first full dress rehersal a couple of hours ago, and here are a few thoughts that I thought would be helpful. Seating at the left of the sheltered grandstand seems like one good spot. Position yourself such that you are slightly onto the front left of the spot light (the one that is on the left side of the sheltered grandstand), not too near the spotlight either, but somewhere high up.
    1. The reason why I say this becasue those guys doing their freefalling display, and the guys who were riding this fan propelled parachute came into the stadium from this end.
    2. Another reason is that the flypast by the RSAF jets came in the direction of east to west of Singapore. If youself as what I have mentioned, you will get to see the jets fly in from the left from a distance, with the spotlight in the foreground, and fly off from the right. The first set of jets creates the smoke trail, but it is the second set of jets that fly at a really low altitude, and leave a blue trail of hot burning gas at the end of the jet itself. You will be lucky if you can get pictures of these three jets with the other spotlight as the foreground.
    3. Most importantly, the sun is behind you.
    4. The large baloons enter the stadium from this end. The macaw was cute, but I liked the little crab (that came from the other end of the sheltered grandstand) better, as it was really much cuter.
    5. The other two excellent positions that I can think of are the other two diagonal ends of the stadium, the ones opposite the sheltered grandstand.

But this seating position does not seem like as if it will provide a good angle for the helicopter flypast.

I am not sure if you are allowed to walk all over the place taking pictures as I came across quite a few young and very dedicated but over zealous ushers. You might want to try this out before the actual day's event.

Good luck!

Originally posted by Parchiao
    Tom, it will do you no harm in attending the NDP parade rehersals if you manage to get the tickets for free. You will get to familiarise yourself with the sequence of the events that will occur, as such know where to position yourself best to capture certain events that you may have in mind.

I was at the first full dress rehersal a couple of hours ago, and here are a few thoughts that I thought would be helpful. Seating at the left of the sheltered grandstand seems like one good spot. Position yourself such that you are slightly onto the front left of the spot light (the one that is on the left side of the sheltered grandstand), not too near the spotlight either, but somewhere high up.
    1. The reason why I say this becasue those guys doing their freefalling display, and the guys who were riding this fan propelled parachute came into the stadium from this end.
    2. Another reason is that the flypast by the RSAF jets came in the direction of east to west of Singapore. If youself as what I have mentioned, you will get to see the jets fly in from the left from a distance, with the spotlight in the foreground, and fly off from the right. The first set of jets creates the smoke trail, but it is the second set of jets that fly at a really low altitude, and leave a blue trail of hot burning gas at the end of the jet itself. You will be lucky if you can get pictures of these three jets with the other spotlight as the foreground.
    4. The large baloons enter the stadium from this end. The macaw was cute, but I liked the little crab (that came from the other end of the sheltered grandstand) better, as it was really much cuter.
    5. The other two excellent positions that I can think of are the other two diagonal ends of the stadium, the ones opposite the sheltered grandstand.

But this seating position does not seem like as if it will provide a good angle for the helicopter flypast.

I am not sure if you are allowed to walk all over the place taking pictures as I came across quite a few young and very dedicated but over zealous ushers. You might want to try this out before the actual day's event.

Good luck!
    He was there just now..
    So was I..

Were the both of you doing there i.e. spectators, self declared photographers or official photographers? How did you manage?

Originally posted by Parchiao

Good luck!
    Thanks dude! I was there just now. Initially I thought nothing much to shoot inside the stadium. Later I realized that I was WRONG! There could be a lot of opportunities, especially if it's the actual day. Appreciate your suggestions very much! Hope you have gotten some nice pix.

Glad to hear that you attended it anyway. Show us some of your shots when you ready will ya? I don't think I managed anything decent cause I only brought along my PnS!

I was there too, but have to remained seated all the way. I wonder how some of the guys managed to get the pass to go down to the grounds.

Since having not received replies from a few possible sources, I would assume it's negative. Last calling for a ticket...

Finally....!!!!

A kind soul found a ticket for me!!! All my gratefulness to him

Case closed.
    Last edited by tomshen; 23rd July 2003 at 05:16 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12