seriously, i was seriously comparing A350 and 450D prior to purchasing but i still think 450D pwns despite its lower resolution and inferior liveview - >
>>Resolutions and LiveView were your main "shout it from the mountains" points. Now you're backing of them? Tsk tsk.
1. 3.5 fps vs 2 fps
>> That's 2fps in LV, 2.5 in normal mode, unlimited JPEGS. The 1000D is 3fps, the 450D 3.5, and that's assuming you don't need to re-focus between shots (tracking moving objects is the main point of continuous shots, the 1000D will need >1sec to re-set focus).
2. 1/200 x-sync vs 1/125 may not appear important but crucial for me, dunno why
>> It's 1/160, not 1/125. How can you even want to debate if you don't have the facts?
3. just feel ill at ease with with sony dslrs......saw someone using the a350 at my school concert and the camera just won't focus he had to knock it a few times before it will
>> Then it was probably user error, since focus on sony cams is excellent. That's something reviews will tell you too.
4. Just love the L-lenses for canon
>> Then I'm guessing you've never tried the G or the Carl Zeiss lenses.
5. My uncle uses a 1Ds mark 3 and has a hell lot of lenses can always borrow it from him
>> This is a good reason to get a canon cam, but has nothing to do with the 1000D.
6. Dont use live view a lot -> troublesome even with a350 most of the time i just shoot with viewfinder......some moments pass by very quickly u noe wat i mean....
>> So first you praise the fact that the 1000D has live view, now you say you don't use it. and how is it troublesome with the A350? It doesn't suffer from the same focus lag as your Canon. Switching from LV to VF takes 1/10th of a second, no need to dig through menus. I think your "troublesome" experience with LV comes from your 450D.
7. Shutter sound of canon cameras - i know this is lame - but a350 shutter sounds too mechanical for me - the shutter sound of the rebel series sound cooler
>> This is very subjective, and can be debated to death. And many Nikon users feel the Canon shutter sounds very bad, the Nikon shutter sounds crisp, etc etc etc... This is up to everyone's taste.
8. another lame one - the E-TTL II flash system of Canon - great invention. The flash fires to brighten up the environment just before the shot - dont know what you call that phenomenon - and the flash can be fired ANYTIME....................DAMM COOL.........as a student photographer i always use this to tease people......damm important for me
>> How is this a "Canon Invention"? It's a common feature on DSLRs, and is also called pre-flash TTL and ADI. And the Sony cams have remote flash triggers built-in, you don't need to buy an extra accessory like for the Canon.
However, kudos to SONY for producing the a350 which is a fantastic dslr one that i see as the closest competitor to the 450D
>> Yes, good luck to Canon in trying to come up with a camera that can compete with the A350. Maybe a 500D?