Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CANON EOS 1000D out this PC show?

Default Re: CANON EOS 1000D out this PC show?

seriously, i was seriously comparing A350 and 450D prior to purchasing but i still think 450D pwns despite its lower resolution and inferior liveview - >

>>Resolutions and LiveView were your main "shout it from the mountains" points. Now you're backing of them? Tsk tsk.

1. 3.5 fps vs 2 fps

>> That's 2fps in LV, 2.5 in normal mode, unlimited JPEGS. The 1000D is 3fps, the 450D 3.5, and that's assuming you don't need to re-focus between shots (tracking moving objects is the main point of continuous shots, the 1000D will need >1sec to re-set focus).

2. 1/200 x-sync vs 1/125 may not appear important but crucial for me, dunno why

>> It's 1/160, not 1/125. How can you even want to debate if you don't have the facts?

3. just feel ill at ease with with sony dslrs......saw someone using the a350 at my school concert and the camera just won't focus he had to knock it a few times before it will

>> Then it was probably user error, since focus on sony cams is excellent. That's something reviews will tell you too.

4. Just love the L-lenses for canon

>> Then I'm guessing you've never tried the G or the Carl Zeiss lenses.

5. My uncle uses a 1Ds mark 3 and has a hell lot of lenses can always borrow it from him

>> This is a good reason to get a canon cam, but has nothing to do with the 1000D.

6. Dont use live view a lot -> troublesome even with a350 most of the time i just shoot with viewfinder......some moments pass by very quickly u noe wat i mean....

>> So first you praise the fact that the 1000D has live view, now you say you don't use it. and how is it troublesome with the A350? It doesn't suffer from the same focus lag as your Canon. Switching from LV to VF takes 1/10th of a second, no need to dig through menus. I think your "troublesome" experience with LV comes from your 450D.

7. Shutter sound of canon cameras - i know this is lame - but a350 shutter sounds too mechanical for me - the shutter sound of the rebel series sound cooler

>> This is very subjective, and can be debated to death. And many Nikon users feel the Canon shutter sounds very bad, the Nikon shutter sounds crisp, etc etc etc... This is up to everyone's taste.

8. another lame one - the E-TTL II flash system of Canon - great invention. The flash fires to brighten up the environment just before the shot - dont know what you call that phenomenon - and the flash can be fired ANYTIME....................DAMM COOL.........as a student photographer i always use this to tease people......damm important for me

>> How is this a "Canon Invention"? It's a common feature on DSLRs, and is also called pre-flash TTL and ADI. And the Sony cams have remote flash triggers built-in, you don't need to buy an extra accessory like for the Canon.

However, kudos to SONY for producing the a350 which is a fantastic dslr one that i see as the closest competitor to the 450D

>> Yes, good luck to Canon in trying to come up with a camera that can compete with the A350. Maybe a 500D?
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by LenzLaw View Post

Canon Nikon
    High end 1D pwns D3
    Mid range 5D loses out by a little to D300
    Consumer 40D owns D80
    Entry level 450D thrashes D60
    400D beats D40x
    350D defeats D40

Even though 350D is SO OLD like 3 years since its release it has 7 autofocus points 8 mp and 2.8 fps vs the D40 which is supposedly "newer" features an "impressive" 3 AF points and an "amazing" 6 megapixels and a relatively "lightning quick" 2.5 fps eventhough its x-sync of 1/500 of a second is pretty amazing and the fastest among all DSLRs i have to admit

and........

Even though the D60 is released more than a year later than 400D, the 400D is on par with it if not better than the D60 with 9 af points compared to 3, even though D60 has high ISO of 3200 compared to 1600
    Care to explain the 1DMK3 vs D3 comparison? AFAIK, the D3's noise control is

Interested in knowing how you compare them.

Oh, and I use the FM2 more nowadays. No fancy AF systems at all. Haha. And my burst speed is limited to how fast I can move my thumb. My ISO speed is film dependent though. 3200 if I feel black and white-ish. Push to 6400 if I'm peckish.

Quote Originally Posted by racoon31e View Post
    Care to explain the 1DMK3 vs D3 comparison? AFAIK, the D3's noise control is

Interested in knowing how you compare them.

Oh, and I use the FM2 more nowadays. No fancy AF systems at all. Haha. And my burst speed is limited to how fast I can move my thumb. My ISO speed is film dependent though. 3200 if I feel black and white-ish. Push to 6400 if I'm peckish.
    Though it's a bit OT, I'm actually also considering picking up an old film camera from a Cash Converter... Would be nice to get back to what I started on and will make me appreciate digital even more! Hahaha!
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by gymak90 View Post
    Well I guess we can say Canon has a very convinced buyer. Maybe LenzLaw can consider a job at Canon's marketing department.

Nice one dude maybe i will
    Haha, u kidding? they won't even consider la, for the following reasons:
    1)Cannot count properly, the way he calculates it called "Canon Exchange Rate" not euro to sg exchange rate. Canon exchange rate nt say cannot work la, but thats nt the way they calculate. they take ref to USD instead...

2)Too young la, u 16 right?

3)I work there before n yea, he jus doesn't fit the bill from what i see so far.(Maybe u can try to change ur attitude and learn to accept comments and criticism, aft all dun forget what is Canon's regional slogan again? "Delighting u always".... How to delight customers this way?

Quote Originally Posted by evo-lution View Post
    Haha, u kidding? they won't even consider la, for the following reasons:
    1)Cannot count properly, the way he calculates it called "Canon Exchange Rate" not euro to sg exchange rate. Canon exchange rate nt say cannot work la, but thats nt the way they calculate. they take ref to USD instead...

2)Too young la, u 16 right?

3)I work there before n yea, he jus doesn't fit the bill from what i see so far.(Maybe u can try to change ur attitude and learn to accept comments and criticism, aft all dun forget what is Canon's regional slogan again? "Delighting u always".... How to delight customers this way?
    Hmm your post is abit confusing. I can't get which guy you refering. Haha but this thread is getting OT.

I'm not the one intending to apply for a job at Canon. I'm just hypothesising that LenzLaw can go try get a job there.

But maybe LenzLaw can speak with great conviction such that he can persuade people to buy Canon products. Never mind if his math passed or not, or if he used 'Canon dolars' in his price conversion. After all these days, consumers are quite easily fooled by promotions and marketing deals.

As for the debate between 'Canon's heavenly 450D/1000D' and Sony dslrs, I'm sure Rashkae can handle it well.

I also wanted to a get manual film cam. Cash converters have got plenty of them selling at $150+. But considering the costs of buying rolls of film and then developing them, I think it won't turn out to be a good deal.
    The best things in life are free.

Hmm your post is abit confusing. I can't get which guy you refering. Haha but this thread is getting OT.

I'm not the one intending to apply for a job at Canon. I'm just hypothesising that LenzLaw can go try get a job there.

But maybe LenzLaw can speak with great conviction such that he can persuade people to buy Canon products. Never mind if his math passed or not, or if he used 'Canon dolars' in his price conversion. After all these days, consumers are quite easily fooled by promotions and marketing deals.

As for the debate between 'Canon's heavenly 450D/1000D' and Sony dslrs, I'm sure Rashkae can handle it well.

I also wanted to a get manual film cam. Cash converters have got plenty of them selling at $150+. But considering the costs of buying rolls of film and then developing them, I think it won't turn out to be a good deal.
    haha sorry for the confusion, not say u la, but i multi quote then tried to delete whateva extra things, but i think i accidentally delete his name oso. haha. for this, yes, i didn't pass my HTML, lol! anyway, no one at canon needs to speak with such conviction, haha, lazy ppl, they always outsource to their ad agency to do the speaking... but personally, i dun believe in fooling consumers la, no pt, it only leads to one time deals... n frankly speaking, i dun think they trying to fool comsumers la, perhaps a good intention(to promote the fun of dslr) but mismatched response...

Guys, just ignore the troll lah. Don't forget it's the holidays...

To fair to all... all DSLR has ti strengths and weaknesses.

I use a Canon because I have the range of lenses. I use Fuji because it is an alterative to Nikon and I also use compact as it help me most when everything fail.

One should stick to one brand. Use all the features of the camera and improve one's skill which I think is the most important!

If I have Car A that can go 300kmh on normal road but is a fuel guzzler compared Car B that goes at the speed limit with good fuel economy, the racers might say Car A is better while those who are concious for the environment or their pocket will say Car B is better... and all of them would be right.
    Shahrul Esa

Quote Originally Posted by andretan View Post
    is really ppl like that troll that makes me feel all the more anti towards canon.
    he's like so single brand orientated...doesnt give other brands a chance to prove themselves.
    so what if this canon 1000d pawns all entry lvl cams, canon most likely woundnt sell it cheap, if not they would be making a loss then.
    Last edited by Simon_84; 15th June 2008 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon_84 View Post
    Originally Posted by andretan View Post

is really ppl like him that makes me feel all the more anti towards canon.
    he's like so single brand orientated...doesnt give other brands a chance to prove themselves.
    so what if this canon 1000d pawns all entry lvl cams, canon most likely woundnt sell it cheap, if not they would be making a loss then.
    Hmm, Simon_84 did you quote the correct person? Haha

I agree with you. People like LenzLaw wants to assure himself that he has made the best decision in his life, then so be it loh. IMHO, it's foolish to think that every other camera is lousy just because they carry a different brand, different logo. Thing is, each camera has its own unique advantage.

But then I must admit Canon's propaganda worked excellently to have such a buyer.
    The best things in life are free.

Hmm, Simon_84 did you quote the correct person? Haha

I agree with you. People like LenzLaw wants to assure himself that he has made the best decision in his life, then so be it loh. IMHO, it's foolish to think that every other camera is lousy just because they carry a different brand, different logo. Thing is, each camera has its own unique advantage.

But then I must admit Canon's propaganda worked excellently to have such a buyer.
    sorry quote the wrong person again...i mean the canon troll...only 1 guy promoting his canon 450d here...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12