Hi, I realised I have a printing problem and seeking ur advice.
I printed a bunch of pics and they all turn out too dark, as if 2 stops underexposed. But all these look great on monitor. After some research I realized my monitor is wacked, not calibrated, and LCD default settings are usually too bright. Further research tells me itís good to get the monitor calibrated (among other things) to ensure what you see is what you get. Ok, so Iím considering either spyder or i1 display 2 as the first step.
1. I read that itís advisable to re-calibrate often. Whatís not so clear is why? Especially so assuming I donít touch the monitor settings at all after calibration, why the need?
2. Iíve compared Spyder3 Pro vs SpyderExpress and know which features are lacking in Express version. For my purposes of just achieving ďwhat I see is what I getĒ is the cheaper Express version adequate?
3. i1 Display 2 is much more expensive. I assume itís an overkill for novice like me for the above purpose? (I donít mind investing more if needed)
4. after calibration, what should I do to reprint those botched up pics? I presume I need to photoshop every pic +2 stops exposure to brighten them?
5. I expect after calibration, the pics on screen will look darker bcoz the prints are dark. Is my expectation correct?
6. going forward, do I need to set my camera to overexpose more? (since all pics printed were underexposed although look good on screen)
thanks for ur feedback.