Thread: Love on a busy street

Default Love on a busy street

There I was at a Venice restaurant having my dinner and people watching.
    Initially I was pretty disappointed by the amount of tourists at the so called romantic Venice until this couple suddenly appear just in front for a hug!
    Pretty long hug.. managed to capture this moment of romance in the buzzing crowd

Scaring that I might miss the moment, I fumbled with the settings and took the shot. Didn't manage to capture a sharp shot of the couple though..
    Did some PP by unsharp masking, added a bit of noise and applied urban acid.

Thanks for viewing, C&C welcomed

Default Re: Love on a busy street

I think you missed the moment though. She looks like she's just standing there and their pose looks awkward. Could have been a great shot with the motioned blurred people walking past if they had been more cooperative Chair in foreground is also mildly distracting.

Quote Originally Posted by lennyl View Post
    I think you missed the moment though. She looks like she's just standing there and their pose looks awkward. Could have been a great shot with the motioned blurred people walking past if they had been more cooperative Chair in foreground is also mildly distracting.
    thanks for commenting
    heh.. guess i was still too slow
    wasn't sure of the settings for motion blurred people in bright daylight
    i tried cropping out the chair before.. but it look wierd :P

Would be better if the woman is hugging the guy too and with her face showing. As her hair is merging into the shadows, it seems like a headless woman. Good try nonetheless. sometimes we need some luck to capture that moment.

i am going to disagree here and say that i find this a pretty good shot in fact, there are many contrasts, and i would rather name it "human contact" because that's what is so contrasty here to me - the fact that the three other people in the photo are moving in directions opposite to each other, and so many different levels and layers.

what fails here for me is the processing. if you had the original picture for me to play with, with permission of course? personally i do not think urban acid works here. you want a happy, cheery, warm mood.. which is not something urban acid exactly conveys.

thanks for the taking of time to pass me the file.

i think i did an almost similar crop, and came up with two versions.

color

b&w

cheers!

i prefer the color one can with me the process flow please?

thinking back lennyl is retty right.. the more i see the more distracting is the chair

Quote Originally Posted by n0eln0el View Post
    i prefer the color one can with me the process flow please?

thinking back lennyl is retty right.. the more i see the more distracting is the chair
    desaturate -35 to -40
    add sepia filter 15%
    open up another version, tone it reddish after conversion to b&w, paste it over, 50-60% opacity

vignetting, that's about it.

the chair is distracting, but cropping it out will spoil the positioning of the couple, i feel

looks like they are gonna break up to me thou... the body just says it all...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    i think i did an almost similar crop, and came up with two versions.
    night86mare, both your versions look underexposed to me (though I like both your treatment better than urban acid). Is the underexposure deliberate?

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    looks like they are gonna break up to me thou... the body just says it all...
    change the title to "breaking up" or "final hug"?

u wan, i change for u...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

I think he did underexposed it slightly to recover the details on the building on the top right. But, still the cheery and happy mood is not there....may be due to the facial and body language of the man and the lady...it just doesn't convey a happy mood.

night86mare, both your versions look underexposed to me (though I like both your treatment better than urban acid). Is the underexposure deliberate?

yes, i tried to give it a nostalgic feel