Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Sun Creeping out

  1. #1

    Default Sun Creeping out

    Full album can be viewed here

    Other Sunrise pics taken today can be viewed at here









    Last edited by blizzy; 30th June 2003 at 12:36 PM.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Hey!!! This looks sooo good!!! You took it from East Coast??? Really nice shots!! Tell the story of sunrise perfectly!

  3. #3

    Default

    at changi beach actually. view the other pics in the album =)

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7

    Default

    The photos are really beautiful! I've not tried sunrise before... can I ask you around what time should one be prepared to take sunrise? What time did you take the first shot? I'm surprised Singapore can find such nice sunrise... Thanks for sharing!! Would like to try taking sunrise too..gotta wake early liao!!

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    201

    Default

    wat time were these shots taken?

    Somehow, feel the shots are abit over expose. Hence, the color not rich enough.

    or is it my monitor problem?


  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Oh yah! By the way, which camera did you use? And what are the settings did you use? The cloud in the middle that cuts the sun... really nice too... Good job once again!

  7. #7
    Member kilkenny's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    609

    Default

    Well done

    U using any filters ......share ur settings and stuff lei

    Cheers
    Kilkenny
    Nikon D90 | Nikkor 50mm f1.8 | Tokina 11-16mm f2.8 | Nissin Di622 |

  8. #8

    Default

    yeah. some pics are overexposed to me too. Gotta work on that. they look...... washed out. Will keep that in mind next time.

    Taken at changi beach. These days
    6.20 first ray of light (actually a bit earlier, i reached at 6.20)
    6.30 u start seeing nice colours.
    6.45 gets quite bright.
    7.00am the sun starts to go over the horizon.
    7.10 its over.

    Was using canon pro90is.. didnt use any special filters. Just UV filter that's always on my lens. Later used Circ Polariser when the water started getting very reflective. Adjusted shutter speed as it gets brighter, trying to maintain a small aperture.

    Was pretty lucky today that the sun was nice.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    201

    Default

    Originally posted by blizzy
    yeah. some pics are overexposed to me too. Gotta work on that. they look...... washed out. Will keep that in mind next time.

    Taken at changi beach. These days
    6.20 first ray of light (actually a bit earlier, i reached at 6.20)
    6.30 u start seeing nice colours.
    6.45 gets quite bright.
    7.00am the sun starts to go over the horizon.
    7.10 its over.

    Was using canon pro90is.. didnt use any special filters. Just UV filter that's always on my lens. Later used Circ Polariser when the water started getting very reflective. Adjusted shutter speed as it gets brighter, trying to maintain a small aperture.

    Was pretty lucky today that the sun was nice.
    U might want to try ealier hours. Seen my fren pict taken at ealier hours that looks great!

  10. #10

    Default

    Originally posted by jtnet
    U might want to try ealier hours. Seen my fren pict taken at ealier hours that looks great!
    yea, next time perhaps. At the moment, 6.20 earliest i can get there by bus

  11. #11

    Default

    A nice series...
    blizzy, why not consider arranging them horizontally into a single image. i think that will be interesting.

  12. #12

    Default

    Originally posted by lolc
    A nice series...
    blizzy, why not consider arranging them horizontally into a single image. i think that will be interesting.
    hmm, will try. Once i figure out how to in PS

  13. #13

    Default

    Fiddled around with PS


  14. #14

    Default

    Originally posted by blizzy
    Fiddled around with PS

    Any luck?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •