Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43

Thread: Guide to remove DaProtector from LCD

  1. #1

    Default Guide to remove DaProtector from LCD

    I just manage to remove the DAprotector from my 717.


    Items used.

    Ronsonol gas refill - $2.50
    yellow colour tin, buy from neighbourhood hardware store.
    Dont use "thinner", cos it will be blurr the acrylic forever.

    Thread - $0.60
    strong thread that does break easily.

    Soaked the thread in the gas and slowly "saw" your way thru the gap. Very easy.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore (SengKang)
    Posts
    2,789

    Default Re: Guide to remove DaProtector from LCD

    Originally posted by Sony717
    I just manage to remove the DAprotector from my 717.


    Items used.

    Ronsonol gas refill - $2.50
    yellow colour tin, buy from neighbourhood hardware store.
    Dont use "thinner", cos it will be blurr the acrylic forever.

    Thread - $0.60
    strong thread that does break easily.

    Soaked the thread in the gas and slowly "saw" your way thru the gap. Very easy.
    Do you mean strong thread that does not break easily ?
    Btw, where did you get your daprotector ? Order overseas ?
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

  3. #3
    Senior Member ivor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    SINGAPOUR
    Posts
    1,369

    Default Re: Re: Guide to remove DaProtector from LCD

    Purchase online at www.daproducts.com

    Originally posted by majere2sg
    ...where did you get your daprotector ? Order overseas ?

  4. #4

    Default

    Will anyone do a MO for da products?

  5. #5

    Default

    i see majerie has got himself a 10D !!!!

    congrats on your purchase.. hope you like it !

    how does it compare with our dear 717 ?

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Bt Panjang
    Posts
    60

    Default

    wah so fast upgrade liao

  7. #7

    Default

    didnt notice...

    congrats majere2sg

    strongest thread u can find for less than $1.00


    yupz,....got it at daproduct.com

  8. #8

    Default

    Originally posted by NiVleK
    Will anyone do a MO for da products?
    alamak.....should have suggest earlier, cos just order 2 days ago.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore (SengKang)
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Originally posted by Sony717
    alamak.....should have suggest earlier, cos just order 2 days ago.
    Can order again right ?
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore (SengKang)
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Originally posted by sequitur
    i see majerie has got himself a 10D !!!!

    congrats on your purchase.. hope you like it !

    how does it compare with our dear 717 ?
    Its bulkier ! Its heavier ! Its nosier because of my sigma zoom lens. But I still learning how to use it, haven't got a chance to try shooting outside yet
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

  11. #11

    Default

    man
    better go shoot a few shots with it then come on and tell us all about it... loll

    i will get a canon DSLR MAN... but uh.. maybe at least 5 yrs later.. for now i'm happy with my sony...

    or rather
    maybe when i start earning money to buy good lenses for an SLR setup... -_-

  12. #12

    Default

    yah eh
    do a new MO on it leh
    i want a protector for my 717 !

    the LCD/PDA one i got from challenger.. biang so sux.. the layer so sticky remove the protective film still got leave one sticky layer.. like scotch tape like that.. kana the LCD spoil then jialat..

    and the bubbles... URGH !

  13. #13

    Default

    MO also same price...no discount wat.

    i dont mind doing the order but how many first?

  14. #14

    Default

    yeah MO also same price
    uh
    don't you just need 1 of it ?

    after removing it won't have like weird sticky layers right ?

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore (SengKang)
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    I will need 2 if you could help us to order. Btw, how much is the cost of 1 ?
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

  16. #16

    Default

    CCNow Order Number: 32-7684

    Product
    ID Unit Price Quantity Description
    --------- ------------ ---------- -----------------------------
    MDP-MINI $6.00 1 'da Mini Protector - LCD Protection for the Olympus E-10 and digicams with 1.8" LCD panels


    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Subtotal: $6.00

    Shipping: $2.00

    GRAND TOTAL: $8.00

    US dollars

  17. #17

    Default

    Originally posted by sequitur
    yeah MO also same price
    uh
    don't you just need 1 of it ?

    after removing it won't have like weird sticky layers right ?
    Pls see the thread on Removing Daprotector

  18. #18

    Default

    it's good ain't it ? some sorta a glass or plastic panel right ?

    count me in then

    but USD$8 for one is quite a waste.. maybe get more people and we can sorta "split" the shipping costs..

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Singapore (SengKang)
    Posts
    2,789

    Default

    Originally posted by Sony717
    CCNow Order Number: 32-7684

    Product
    ID Unit Price Quantity Description
    --------- ------------ ---------- -----------------------------
    MDP-MINI $6.00 1 'da Mini Protector - LCD Protection for the Olympus E-10 and digicams with 1.8" LCD panels


    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Subtotal: $6.00

    Shipping: $2.00

    GRAND TOTAL: $8.00

    US dollars
    The shipping $2 charge is per protector or total of all the protectors you order ? I guess is total right ? I will need 1 mini protector and 1 oly protector.
    -Express yourself not in words-
    http://www.majere2sg.com

  20. #20

    Default

    717 is mini right ?

    give me a mini

    (not give lah lol)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •