Thread: Digicab Problem

Default Digicab Problem

Just like to check if anyone got this prob... I just got my Digicab (DB-036) last month, after a few days managed to get the RH stable at around 44-46%. Haven't opened the dry cabinet for the last 4 days, but suddenly this morning I saw that the RH went up to 55% (it even went to 63%) at 1 point.

I took the battery out of the meter, and changed a new one, and increased the absorption rate. However the RH still stays at 53%.

I hope nothing is spoilt, its a new set, and its left by itself, so why should the RH suddenly increase?

Default Re: Digicab Problem

Faulty door seal?

Just realised something, I was trying to adjust the knob just now, and my finger accidently brushed against the behind of the knob...realised that there is actually a small heatsink behind it... AND ITS WET!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kenshinz View Post
    realised that there is actually a small heatsink behind it... AND ITS WET!!!!
    That's how a thermoelectric dry cabinet is supposed to work.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleWolf View Post
    That's how a thermoelectric dry cabinet is supposed to work.
    So that's normal rite...never realise that, noob in using the dry cabinet.

Anyway, after i increased the absorption rate somemore (from the previous 9 o'clock position to 12 o'clock now), the RH is back to 44-45%.

Quote Originally Posted by kenshinz View Post
    So that's normal rite...never realise that, noob in using the dry cabinet.
    These cabinets are basically poorly insulated refrigerators. A Peltier element (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermoelectric_cooling) is used to create a cold area, and water is condensed from the gas to the liquid phase there. (I then trickles through an opening to the outside of the cabinet, were it evaporates - assisted by the "hot" side of the Peltier element.)