Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noob Salesperson at Courts

Default Re: Noob Salesperson at Courts

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    anyone has tokina or sigma lenses?lend me and i'll bring my nikon, mount it on, and switch to 8 frames per sec and ask him what sound that is...

on?
    ON ah..i bring my tokina 28-70..
    Nikon D90 | Tokina 28-70 f2.8 | Nikkor 35mm f1.8 | Nikkor 70-200 f2.8 | SB - 800

Quote Originally Posted by Oly5050 View Post
    Yeah...I am interested to know. What kind of incentives are in place when a salesman at Courts or Harvey Norman or Best Denki sell u a camera? Do they get some kind of commission based on the product sold or what? How does it all work out? I think it would be helpful to know, really.
    Based on the description, the sales promoter the TS met might be from the brand, i.e. Canon, meaning he/she will only get the commission for sales from the brand that he/she represents. He/she will get NO commission from any sales of other brands.

Quote Originally Posted by Bean View Post
    Based on the description, the sales promoter the TS met might be from the brand, i.e. Canon, meaning he/she will only get the commission for sales from the brand that he/she represents. He/she will get NO commission from any sales of other brands.
    I don't think there are promoters for Canon in Courts. It's just like in Best Denki or Harvey Norman, the sales person will be wearing their uniform only.
    Minolta. Konica Minolta. Sony

Quote Originally Posted by Am3thyst View Post
    ON ah..i bring my tokina 28-70..
    oh that lens which is very soft at f2.8 ...........
    Objection !!!

Hehe, I remember last year when I bought a Philips DVD player from HN in Funan, brought it home and it won't play any of my son's original VCDs (kiddie shows). I've had bad (video) products from Philips before, but thought it's different now, but I was wrong, maybe I got a bad unit, but nevertheless, I decided to just get Pioneer which has never failed me in terms of compatibility, so I brought it back for an exchange.

The guy who attended my request was kind of baffled, but when I gave him a couple of my VCDs to try, he saw the problem and just asked "you want another one or change brands?" I said I want a Pioneer model and I'll just top-up the difference, he said ok and passed me to the counter for exchange.

Another old, bald salesman was watching our conversation and he was adamant that Philips is the best and said that throughout his life he has never had a Philips problem. I told him I have, thrice including this, and he said impossible.

I asked him if he saw the actual demo a few minutes ago that the Philips player failed to play a VCD despite claiming they'll play it all, while the LG and Pioneer unit his collegue tested played my VCD and DVD with no problems, he starts blaming my media as being fake!

He said that my stuff are NTSC and not PAL hence the problem, I told him, "there you go, the item I bought could NOT play everything, which makes it inferior to the item I want to replace it with". I told him outright, "You didn't spend money for the player, so what's your problem and why do you care?"

He mumbled and walked away... hehe.
    Last edited by theveed; 9th June 2008 at 11:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    I have witness a couple of such incidents around and the sales person are always pushing for the same product and bashing the others.
    that's me lor. i "was" the top salesman ok. my colleagues/senior all red eyes(jealous). i am full of lies and sh*t, they call me scumbag for short. hmmm those days......but then i was tired of sales line and quited.... dont like putting a fake mask...

Last edited by ninelives; 9th June 2008 at 11:39 PM.
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
    I don't think there are promoters for Canon in Courts. It's just like in Best Denki or Harvey Norman, the sales person will be wearing their uniform only.
    there are actually promoters for all brands at Courts.. Just that they all put on the Courts uniform.. So easier to lie to consumers..haha..

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    that's me lor. i "was" the top salesman ok. my colleagues/senior all red eyes(jealous). i am full of lies and sh*t, they call me scumbag for short. hmmm those days......but then i was tired of sales line and quited.... dont like putting a fake mask...
    bro..m glad u left the sales floor..haha..am currently working in Courts as a part-timer..haha..and hell yeah do i know how things work there and how you feel.. cheers..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12