Thread: What optimum size to print from digital photo

Default What optimum size to print from digital photo

I have a photo taken using my G1 camera at fine resolution & large size. After cropping, the file is approx 1750 pixel (W) by 1780 pixels (H). According to PS, the document size is approx 9" by 9" at 180 pixel/inch. The file size (jpg) is about 1.8 Mb. Can someone tell me what would be the optimum printing size for this photo? Or what is the appropriate maximum print size? Thanks.

Hey block, don't mind me piggy backing on your thread, but:
    Yeah, is there a link/resource on printing digital images anywhere?

I would like a step by step process on how to print images from a digital file.

Additional Qn: How come when I paste an image into a canvas which is A4 size in the computer (so that I can arrange photos to make a montage etc) , the image size on the canvas is always smaller than what it is originally?

Default Re: What optimum size to print from digital photo

Originally posted by block306
    I have a photo taken using my G1 camera at fine resolution & large size. After cropping, the file is approx 1750 pixel (W) by 1780 pixels (H). According to PS, the document size is approx 9" by 9" at 180 pixel/inch. The file size (jpg) is about 1.8 Mb. Can someone tell me what would be the optimum printing size for this photo? Or what is the appropriate maximum print size? Thanks.
    I would confidently go up to 8R or S8R. But the aspect ratio doesn't fit, it's almost squarish.

It is indeed as I have cropped it and added borders etc.